posted 3 months ago by
ecocylina
Addicted Member

Walmart has the Coleman Powersports CT100U Gas Powered Mini Trail Bike for $299 with free shipping. Amazon has it for the same price (backordered 1 to 2 months). 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Trail-100cc-Mini-Bike/5514567...

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This reminds me of my first mini bike, I wore the heck out of it back in the day.  Vibrations were an issue and I love this image of the product.

rated:
Good product! Runs and starts good. A good product for the price. thanks for sharing.

rated:
So much fun and so easy for an 8 year old to manuever! Its fun for small grownups too!

rated:
In CA, is this street legal? Can this be driven in the bicycle lanes?

rated:
ablang said:   In CA, is this street legal? Can this be driven in the bicycle lanes?
  My first thought is that I would be surprised if they sold this to Cali residents, due to emissions.  I have not researched it at all however.

rated:
ablang said:   In CA, is this street legal? Can this be driven in the bicycle lanes?

Speedometer/Lights/Signals/Reflectors/Horn and Mirrors

rated:
If it's under 100cc's in CA it's considered a motor driven cycle, however, it still requires a motorcycle license to drive it on streets and it has to be registered. You have to identify the following on the motor driven cycle to register it: Starter • Kill switch • Clutch (if equipped) • Throttle • Gear selector • Headlight dimmer switch • Brakes • Turn signals • Horn. It doesn't look like it has headlights or turn signals and therefore wouldn't be legal to be registered. Also, miniature or "pocket" bikes don't meet federal safety standards so they can't be registered and it doesn't look like this one would either. A motor driven cycle capable of going greater than 30mph can't be driven on the bike trails either. Motorcycles don't have to meet emission standards.

rated:
It says load capacity 150lbs... I weight about 180lbs... does that mean I need to lose some weight!? lol

rated:
Darith said:   It says load capacity 150lbs... I weight about 180lbs... does that mean I need to lose some weight!? lol
  I found one of these bikes in the trash. I changed the spark plug and it started up. At 290lbs it would easily take me around FLAT areas and up driveway aprons. It would not take me up larger inclines. At 180 I think you are fine.

rated:
290 lbs.  LOL.Reminds me of the voluminous dudes riding around on those Honda 90s around drag strips to lug their rears from one end to the other ... 

rated:
Darith said:   It says load capacity 150lbs... I weight about 180lbs... does that mean I need to lose some weight!? lol
  no, the bike needs to lose 30 lbs, not you.

rated:
reminds me of my old Rupp mini bike.... the good ole days, mini bikes, bb guns and only going home for food and when it got dark.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017