posted 1 month ago by
DizzyT71
<3MomWallet<3

Posted with ToGo

3-In-1 4G LTE SIM Kit + Unlimited Talk & Text w/ 2GB Data Trial
$0.99
https://www.freedompop.com/offer/simvoicebonusa 

FreedomPop is offering their FreedomPop 3-In-1 4G LTE SIM Kit + Unlimited Talk & Text w/ 2GB Data Trial + Premier Plus Service Trial on sale for $0.99 with Free Shipping.

Note: You will be charged $32.98 at the beginning of your next subscription period if you decide not to cancel or downgrade the service. You can opt to downgrade to the 100% Free Basic Plan at any time which offers 200 Minutes Talk + 500 SMS Texts + 200MB LTE data/month.

Includes:

• 3-In-1 Domestic 4G LTE SIM Kit
  • Premium 2GB LTE Unlimited Trial

• Includes Unlimited Talk & Text + 2GB LTE Data/mo.

• Free for first month, then $24.99 thereafter

• FreedomPop Premium Plus Trial

• Free for first month, then $7.99 thereafter

Notes: 

• This deal differs from Global SIM offers and includes Domestic 4G LTE GSM service on AT&T's network.
  • Compatible with most GSM unlocked phones running Android 4.0 (or later) and iOS 7.0 (or later).

55 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 28, 2017 @ 9:21pm
rated:
FYI: No voice/text app for windows phones, but data works fine.

rated:
I have no personal experience, but the FreedomPop reviews are not very favorable.

rated:
can i stick this into a lg pad for Sprint and just use data for free?

rated:
I choose Free Shipping but Confirmation email says Expedite Shipping with 25.99 additional Charge.
Is this how they charge and refund?

rated:
It's a great deal, thanks.

rated:
miserly:. Not with this sim. You would be able to activate as a byod through them. I don't know if they are doing the 99¢ byod promo anymore though. You will get 500mb each month as a byod.

rated:
Heard that the website has landmines. Beware

rated:
I ordered couple of SIM cards but on two different accounts. One has arrived and awaiting the second one. Does anyone know where to look up the MEID number on the FreedomPop website to know which SIM card belongs to which account? The tracking number provided on the account page is fake!

rated:
I think you can find the order number on the envelope. you should be able to track down the phone number based on the order number. that was the problem I encountered when I missed up the two envelops for my order. otherwise, you have to use the sim and call another phone to show the number.

rated:
love4money said:   I ordered couple of SIM cards but on two different accounts. One has arrived and awaiting the second one. Does anyone know where to look up the MEID number on the FreedomPop website to know which SIM card belongs to which account? The tracking number provided on the account page is fake!
  I think you can find the order number on the envelope. you should be able to track down the phone number based on the order number. that was the problem I encountered when I missed up the two envelops for my order. otherwise, you have to use the sim and call another phone to show the number.

rated:
Larryslug: thanks for your response. can I get this sim and activate the sim in a Sprint phone from my old RP days and stick into lg pad to connect? Also, how do I get the 500mb byod plan?
Tia
M

rated:
hapa40 said:   It's a great deal, thanks.
You have build up your post count in a very short period of time just by thanking the OP of almost every recent thread. 

rated:
miserly said:   Larryslug: thanks for your response. can I get this sim and activate the sim in a Sprint phone from my old RP days and stick into lg pad to connect? Also, how do I get the 500mb byod plan?
Tia
M

For Sprint go here:  http://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8  It's $0.99 to activate right now.  I have my Sprint LG Tab activated and working fine.   Here is good info on how to cancel the extra services etc.   http://www.cranialborborygmus.com/Freedompop-free-LTE-Sprint-data-Moto-E2-review.htm 

rated:
So I was using a verizon iPhone 5s with RP for a backup phone (currently on Ting until the credit expires). Sprint is OK in my area but so is AT&T.

Can I use either?

Ok - so the 3-in-1 free plan gives you 200 mins, 500 texts & 200MB/mo
The Sprint version gives you 500 texts, 200 minutes, and 500MB each month.

The question is can you use the Verizon phone. I don't care about the number at this time.

rated:
FreedomPop - waste of money. I brought 2 lines when 1st come out. It was horrible experience like voice quality or call does not go through, 1 sided or other party can not hear. I am not sure if this condition changed.

rated:
I ordered the 3-in-1 for 99c and was offer a second SIM for 1cent. Good thing I had made the virtual number up to $1

rated:
have a look. previous FreedomPop deals were 30 days FROM WHEN THEY SHIP IT, NOT FORM WHEN YOU ACTIVATE IT.
something to keep in mind

rated:
nomonies said:   I have no personal experience, but the FreedomPop reviews are not very favorable.
FP has unfavorable reviews because they are absolute scum. Voice of experience. (a very, very bad experience) (actually a series of very, very bad experiences) No customer service, and if/when you finally *do* get to talk to someone they lie through their teeth. Every step is a potential land mine.I know that many here on FW have had good experience and they will say "No way!" but it absolutely is what happened to me, and to oh so many others -- those bad reviews didn't just fall out of the thin air. Those reviews are from people like me who got hosed by freedom slop.I like this community and feel honor bound to tell what happened to me with freedom slop.Friends don't let friends use freedom slop.

rated:
You guys need to read the review in the quick summary verbatim to avoid stepping on the landmines.  Once you properly downgraded your account step-by-step as stated in the review, it's smooth sailing.  There's a little "learning curve" to this deal but it's worth it if you want it free.

rated:
Just wanted to add my recent experience from the past two months. If you do take the second sim, be warned that you will need to remember downgrading two times for each sim separately. I forgot to do this and they charged my cc (though I did not even activate the second sim). I called customer service, and to my surprise, I was able to talk with a live person (probably not from this country) after being on hold for only two minutes. She could not have been sweeter. The charges were refunded. Moral of the story, do not request the 2nd sim, unless you really intend to use it.

rated:
i have 1 line for my 9 year old daughter if we need to reach her for school pickup. no problem so far. it's the free plan. I dont know how there could be dropped calls or audio issues. I think they just use Sprint's data for voice calls

rated:
lancelot916 said:   I think they just use Sprint 's data for voice callsFor the LTE SIM, they use AT&T.
For the Global SIM they use T-Mobile or AT&T in the US; other providers outside the US.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
lancelot916 said:   I think they just use Sprint 's data for voice calls
For the LTE SIM, they use AT&T.
For the Global SIM they use T-Mobile or AT&T in the US; other providers outside the US.

even better then?

rated:
was on the last day of the billing cycle, got ding with $15 charge.
did not use any of the $15.
anyway to get it back?

rated:
details please

rated:
if you get their ATT LTE sim, the voice is good. I use google hangout with the ATT LTE sim, sound quality is way better than Sprint.

rated:
Do you have to get the phone number from FP or you can just use the data?
TIA

rated:
You get a phone # but you don't have to use it. This isn't r+. You also don't have to install their VoIP app (Messaging), but its useful for seeing your remaining data for the month.

rated:
 marcopolomle said:   Do you have to get the phone number from FP or you can just use the data?
TIA

The phone number is optional. you can activate one free later if you decide you want to.

rated:
In addition to Cranial Borborygmus advice about how to disable various paid services please don't forget to disable Voicemail Preferences by unchecking the box "Enable voicemail and free 30-day voicemail storage"
[L=[L=FreedomPop said:  a free service to users, we store voicemails for a month even if you are not subscribed to our voicemail service. This allows you to retrieve them later if you choose to subscribe. To disable this and all voicemail functionality, un-check the box below.

Is this "free 30-day voicemail storage" a new landmine ?

rated:
knickdigger said:   You get a phone # but you don't have to use it. This isn't r+. You also don't have to install their VoIP app (Messaging), but its useful for seeing your remaining data for the month.
  I just install the myFreedompop app, gives me the info without the battery-draining of the messaging app...

rated:
I had my concern about that also. Surprisingly, my SIMs came in under five business days.

rated:
chryslerguy said:   FYI: No voice/text app for windows phones, but data works fine.
I have a Nokia Lumia 521 but I could not find any way to change it's APN setting manually.
The only option displayed is "automatic" and "search for networks" and it automatically selects the AT&T Network directly.
I believe it has to go via "fp.com.attz" 
Maybe you can change the APN setting manually on newer Window phone models.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
chryslerguy said:   FYI: No voice/text app for windows phones, but data works fine.
I have a Nokia Lumia 521 but I could not find any way to change it's APN setting manually.
The only option displayed is "automatic" and "search for networks" and it automatically selects the AT&T Network directly.

Found the some instructions here but not sure how to make it work.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

This 4G LTE SIM uses the AT&T network.  So does it not work, or are you just concerned...?  If you really haven't yet, just test it out using the automatically selected AT&T network.  Not sure you'll be able to use all the features without the FreedomPop app that's probably not available for the Windows phone, but data should still work... I think.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

It's under "Cellular and SIM"  Open SIM Settings and you find the Manual Editing option. Also, Text Now is available in the store but calling won't work. It will however text. The 521 is not an LTE phone, so you will only get 4G.

rated:
Danzilla said:   
marcopolomle said:   

This 4G LTE SIM uses the AT&T network.  So does it not work, or are you just concerned...?  If you really haven't yet, just test it out using the automatically selected AT&T network.  Not sure you'll be able to use all the features without the FreedomPop app that's probably not available for the Windows phone, but data should still work... I think.

It doesn't work after putting the SIM in the phone using the automatically selected AT&T network.
All I want is data and not interested in using any other feature. 
Basically I want it exclusively as a GPS using the data.
After that I tried adding FreedomPop as a new access point under  "Access point" setting to by entering fp.com.attz in the Access Point name without any success.

rated:
chubbypops said:   
marcopolomle said:   

It's under "Cellular and SIM"  Open SIM Settings and you find the Manual Editing option. Also, Text Now is available in the store but calling won't work. It will however text. The 521 is not an LTE phone, so you will only get 4G.

Thanks Chubbypops for yet again coming to my rescue but there is no Manual Editing option under "Cellular and SIM" setting.
I even did a factory reset on the phone to start fresh just in case.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017