posted 1 month ago by
cvalentinethegreat

Costco.com has for their Costco Members: irobot Roomba 805 Vacuum Cleaning Robot w/ Extra Filter on sale for $364.99. Shipping is free.

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
How much is an extra filter? Amazon has the vacuum for $324 right now.. https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Roomba-Robotic-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B008LX6OC6/ 

rated:
You linked to the 650 on Amazon.  Is that the same as the 805?

rated:
We love our Roombas. They are over 10 years old and going strong. I have had to replace the batteries a couple times and the corner brushes, but that's it. Depending on your floor surface and furniture arrangement, these are worth every penny. It's great when you're heading out for errands or something and your carpet is vacuumed when you come home. Especially great for last minute guests--it vacuums while you get other things together!Update: Upon reading some of the reviews on Costco, it looks like maybe this is not a great model.  It has rubber cleaning rollers instead of roller brushes, and several previous Roomba owners complain they don't work as well.  Maybe it's better for hardwood or tile floors, but I know the brushes work great on all our surfaces and get up the cat hair, too.Personally, I think our next one will be 900-series which maps your whole floor, vacuums until the battery dies, recharges itself, and then RESUMES where it left off.

rated:
frett said:   We love our Roombas. They are over 10 years old and going strong. I have had to replace the batteries a couple times and the corner brushes, but that's it. Depending on your floor surface and furniture arrangement, these are worth every penny. It's great when you're heading out for errands or something and your carpet is vacuumed when you come home. Especially great for last minute guests--it vacuums while you get other things together!Update: Upon reading some of the reviews on Costco, it looks like maybe this is not a great model.  It has rubber cleaning rollers instead of roller brushes, and several previous Roomba owners complain they don't work as well.  Maybe it's better for hardwood or tile floors, but I know the brushes work great on all our surfaces and get up the cat hair, too.Personally, I think our next one will be 900-series which maps your whole floor, vacuums until the battery dies, recharges itself, and then RESUMES where it left off.
it is great if it doesn't destroy your baseboards, especially if they are painted white. Works great but bumping on the baseboard all the time will leave marks that are so obvious. Don't know if new models can handle that better.

rated:
Is it a good deal?

rated:
These work good but still aren't worth this kind of money.

rated:
My Roomba 650 doesn't have a problem with white baseboards. Slows to a crawl when approaching them. Dark colors are sometimes not recognized. Amazon sells a bumper for $15 to alleviate bumping. Great product.

rated:
Am I missing something? I don't see a model 805 on the Costco site anywhere.

rated:
Great find !

rated:
abnorml1 said:   How much is an extra filter? Amazon has the vacuum for $324 right now.. https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Roomba-Robotic-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B008LX6OC6/ 

The Costco model is 805, you are comparing it to the 650 model???

rated:
baobao123 said:   
frett said:   We love our Roombas. They are over 10 years old and going strong. I have had to replace the batteries a couple times and the corner brushes, but that's it. Depending on your floor surface and furniture arrangement, these are worth every penny. It's great when you're heading out for errands or something and your carpet is vacuumed when you come home. Especially great for last minute guests--it vacuums while you get other things together!Update: Upon reading some of the reviews on Costco, it looks like maybe this is not a great model.  It has rubber cleaning rollers instead of roller brushes, and several previous Roomba owners complain they don't work as well.  Maybe it's better for hardwood or tile floors, but I know the brushes work great on all our surfaces and get up the cat hair, too.Personally, I think our next one will be 900-series which maps your whole floor, vacuums until the battery dies, recharges itself, and then RESUMES where it left off.
it is great if it doesn't destroy your baseboards, especially if they are painted white. Works great but bumping on the baseboard all the time will leave marks that are so obvious. Don't know if new models can handle that better.

Attach some felt fabric to the bumpers in front if you have baseboard issues.  

rated:

rated:
not work ???????????

rated:
dheri said:   not work ???????????

I'm not sure what your sentence fragment was trying to say, but my Roomba works great. 

rated:
I return and exchange for a new iRoomba robot with Costco almost once every year for the past 3 years. That's enough said for its reliability... the main issue was always the unit was unable to charge itself. It required manual adjustment after prolonged use and overtime it simply won't charge itself easily.

Costco's return policy is why I still buy & use this thing, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

rated:
Costco electronics have a 90-day return policy with receipt?   Hammiachiter Schlemmer traded in my tactical dog poop slaying roomba for a new one as part of their lifetime warranty, for free.

The dogs dead now though.

rated:
I've been thinking about one since we got a dog a couple months ago. Pulled the trigger!

rated:
when it eventually breaks after the warranty period, will costco take it back?

rated:
clean the charging contact points on the base and the bottom of the Roomba with a pencil eraser.  Then use a cotton pad with rubbing alcohol and wipe the contacts.   It's not charging because the contacts are dirty.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017