posted 48 years ago by
spamfree5

This is a steal. I just bought these in February at $17.68, otherwise I would buy more. camelcamelcamel shows nothing below $17.68 since they started tracking in 2013.AC Delco batteries tend to get very good reviews from people who know batteries. Oops: I forgot the link! It's https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SCA15K/

Views
5 Comments
Add Comment
Is it these batteries?

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-Super-Alkaline-Batteries-100-Count/dp/B004SCA15K

It looks like you can get them for $13.67 with Subscribe & Save which also gets your free shipping.

Xenocrates said:   Is it these batteries?

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-Super-Alkaline-Batteries-100-Count/dp/B004SCA15K 

It looks like you can get them for $13.67 with Subscribe & Save which also gets your free shipping.

Thank you -- I completely forgot the link! Yes, that's the one. 

So, which ones would hold charge better, these or Amazon Basics Performance? Amazon ones are also on sale currently.

The best I'm seeing right now for AmazonBasics is $.23/each (100 for $23.01).

The top review for AmazonBasics AA batteries compares 7 different brands (for how much energy is in the battery), with the top rank going to the AC Delco batteries. That is just one review (who could be biased). The AmazonBasics AA batteries seem to get pretty good reviews overall.

Although they didn't rate Delco, a famous consumer magazine (not supposed to use its name, but it rhymes with Gonsumer Peports) rated AA alkaline batteries.  Amazon is kind of middle of the pack - costco is a bit better.

The number to the right of the name is the rating. Price is what was listed in the report (no self respecting FWer would ever pay that much...)
Duracell Quantum AA Alkaline 89
Price: $1.24   

Rayovac Fusion Advanced AA Alkaline 85
Price: $1.00   

CVS MAX AA Alkaline 82
Price: $0.92   

Duracell Coppertop Duralock AA Alkaline 80
Price: $1.25   

Kirkland Signature (Costco) AA Alkaline 80
Price: $0.50   

Rite Aid Home AA Alkaline 79
Price: $1.20  

AmazonBasics Performance AA Alkaline 71
Price: $0.75  

Walgreens W Alkaline Supercell AA 71
Price: $0.90  

Energizer ecoAdvanced AA Alkaline 68
 Price: $1.75  

Enernergizer MAX +PowerSeal AA Alkaline 67
Price: $1.74  

CVS AA Alkaline 62
Price: $1.07  

Dynex (Best Buy) High Capacity AA Alkaline 60
Price: $0.31  

EcoAlkalines AA Alkaline 59

Price: $0.75

FWIW - they also tested the two models of lithium AAs from Energizer - the "Ultimate lithium" got an 89, the "Advanced lithium" got an 82. Lithium are really good for long storage (10+ years of shelf life) and for very cold conditions (alkalines don't work well at cold temperatures, like outdoor thermometers, etc. Lithiums do fine to temps well below zero).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017