posted 1 month ago by
iLetTheDogsOut
Senior Member - 1K

https://www.verizon.com/home/MLP/OnlineVZ.html?x1=GIG&promotion_code=JUNCT/W04

Online exclusive

Price includes $10/mo. savings for 2 years. Plus, the standard setup charge is waived ($90 value). Choose a 2-year agreement and get HBO for 1 year (reg. $15/mo) and Multi-room DVR services free for 2 years. Limited time offer.

No annual contract

Fios Gigabit Connection
with Custom TV + Phone
$79.99/mo
for 1 year plus taxes, equip. charges, RSN, FDV and other fees. Up to 940 Mbps download and 880 Mbps upload.

2-year agreement

Fios Gigabit Connection
with Custom TV + Phone
$79.99/mo
for year 1. $84.99/mo. for year 2 w/2-yr. agmt. Plus taxes, equip. charges, RSN, FDV and other fees. Up to 940 Mbps download and 880 Mbps upload.

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
New customers only...

rated:
Cox customers in Phoenix should be so lucky.  $78 a month for 50 down and 10 up with no competition except Century Stink.

rated:
After adding one TV and HDDVR and router, Estimate monthly is $117.99 + fees = $137.57 Almost 72% more.

rated:
rsuaver said:   After adding one TV and HDDVR and router, Estimate monthly is $117.99 + fees = $137.57 Almost 72% more.
  why dont u provide us some math with 5 more rooms?

rated:
Just buy Tivo and nuff said. Pays for itself in about a year.

rated:
great announcement! thanks.

rated:
Is it true that they will let existing customers upgrade on the 30th of this month?

rated:
Yes, you need 1 STB for every TV and a router. The STBs are maybe $20/month and the router is $10/month, but you can buy one for $100 from Amazon. It's still a very good deal if you want the TV or phone.

TiVo is $150 plus $15/month (or $550 for lifetime). So yeah you'll save a bit, eventually, but you certainly will not break even in a year.

If you don't want TV or phone service, the $70/month for gigabit alone is excellent-- that's what I bit on. Already bought the router from Amazon. Time-Warner Cable, oh wait, sorry, "Spectrum" is charging me $130 for 300/30, so 980/880 or whatever for $70 is a solid upgrade.

rated:
Verizon = Gimmicks!

rated:
nostalgicgeek said:   New customers only...
  More than one agent alluded to some very sweet deal coming for existing customers as early as in a few hours.

rated:
Posted by Greatness - 8 hours ago
Just buy Tivo and nuff said. Pays for itself in about a year.

Hi Greatness, would you be so kind as to expand on what exactly you mean? I am curious as we've been Verizon customers for a few years but I am open to cutting the cord I just haven't found the right solution for us. Thanks for any detail you can provide.

rated:
Just chatted with a Verizon CSR. Not for existing customers

rated:
Not available in my area. My area is capped at 300Mbps.

rated:
love4money said:   Verizon = Gimmicks!
  Your not kidding, wait till the 1st bill comes in, and the 2nd and the 3rd...
Takes 6 months to correct something.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017