posted 2 months ago by
Goofy4Deals

Pocket Hose

Last year these were going for $19.99.
This year they're going for $12.99.

Sears has them online for $8.44.  The price has fluctuated from $12.99 down to $8.44 for most of the week.  This seems to be the lowest so far.

The hose is fragile if you drag across cement but will last a while if you're gentle with it.  Best for people who can't easily lift those heavy rubber hoses.  For $8.44 you can afford one every year.

Use your points and/or SYWR and/or coupons for a better deal.  YMMV with this stuff but I was able to get mine down to $6.77 each when you buy 6 and have a $10 off $50 of some sought.

6 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
rated:
FYI. If using coupons, this is considered a "home" item so the home coupons seem to work. The garden and tool coupons do not.

rated:
I think there are a ton of different 'brands' of these expandable 'bladder' hoses. I think they all have the the same problem. The bladder get's a tiny hole and it's completely trashed.. No way to fix. I have one and it is now useless. In mine, it was because I had the water on and the opening closed so there was too much pressure on the bladder and it burst. You can't drag it over concrete either or mulch, too abrasive and splinters will also cause the hose to break....

rated:
These types of hoses are usually around $7 shipped on eBay, including the sprayer...not sure if this one is better quality/more durable.

rated:
I saw a metal one on tv. Anyone try?

rated:
I work at a home improvement store & deal with returns. These things come back like crazy. They are on my "don't buy" list & I've never even used one. For that reason I can't comment on how well the product works but I can tell you that the failure rate is super high. The good news is, at my store at least, we take them back even when they've been clearly used for a while. You might want to check the return policy before purchasing.

rated:
vickh said:   I saw a metal one on tv. Anyone try?

Wife says metal pocket hose is harder and can last longer, just do not pull it too much or bend it as it is being used. YMMV.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017