posted 1 month ago by
shanerT123

Cafago offers the Free Sat V7 HD DVB-S2 TV Receiver for $26.08. Coupon code "ZV2126MG" cuts that to $19.58.
Free shipping.
Note: This item ships from mainland China and may take up to four weeks to arrive.

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Great price but what kind of chnannels? Does this work out of the box with Dish Network Antenna?

rated:
Myself I would never buy an item form China or similar.
While they can send it out for pennies it can cost you more than what you paid to return it.
Most warranties if it is DOA in the US are not a problem, out of the US and they want you to return it at your expense.

rated:
vickh said:   Great price but what kind of chnannels? Does this work out of the box with Dish Network Antenna?
  All it would get is free over the air stuff, you would need to look at multiple sats.
Dish dishes are fixed to one location

rated:

rated:
More on it.
Most all US TV on a sat is scrambled, occasional like PBS is not.
Also some network tv may not be scrambled do to the usual way of transmitting the signal is out of service.
Also news truck stuff is not scrambled but is also raw and not edited for broadcast..

http://www.zapmeta.com/ws?de=c&q=watch%20free%20satellite%20tv&a...

rated:
So, though there may be illegal hacks, it sounds like purchasing this $20 black box, and connecting it to a large unused satellite Dish might give you the same ota stations you can pull in via a $10 flatenna alone...?

rated:
exbat said:   So, though there may be illegal hacks, it sounds like purchasing this $20 black box, and connecting it to a large unused satellite Dish might give you the same ota stations you can pull in via a $10 flatenna alone...?
Broadcast TV is not the same as satellite TV.  You will get nothing unless you have the correct type of satellite Dish for the satellites that broadcast un-encrypted signals and you have your Dish exactly positioned to receive the satellite signal.  Most domestic signals are encrypted and this box will not un-encrypt them.  You will get mostly religious stations domestically.  There are more un-encrypted signals for foreign, non-english, stations.  There are multiple satellites for free to air stations and you will have to reposition your Dish to get signals from more than one satellite.

rated:

rated:
I see getting this to work to expectations a big, big hassle...at best.......stations listed are mostly out of the US including many from the middle east.

rated:
exbat said:   So, though there may be illegal hacks, it sounds like purchasing this $20 black box, and connecting it to a large unused satellite Dish might give you the same ota stations you can pull in via a $10 flatenna alone...?
  While local channels all over the country can be and are delivered by DirecTv or Dishnetwork on sat you will never get them on a receiver like talked about here...

rated:
I used to be big into FTA(free-to-air) satellite a few years ago before a lot of the good channels went away. If you just have an antenna for TV then its a great bonus especially if you can repurpose old dishes. I have an old Primestar Dish that I picked up for free and have it pointed at 97 west where there are about 180 free channels. Like others have said if you only speak English there are about 20 interesting channels. Occasionally some of the foreign channels will show an American movie with subtitles in their language. This used to happen a lot on the Cuban channels on 30 west but I have not checked them in a year or so. Now if you can put up a larger C-band Dish, 6 foot or bigger, there still are some great channels up there. Check out the satelliteguys.us FTA forums if you want help getting started

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017