Good for those who don't want to deal w/ the BS of FreedomPop or CellNUVO and don't use cell phones very often.

link

Claim your Lifetime Edition Hushed Number for $25, Only for PC MAG SubscribersDeal Terms: Number never expires - $25.00 (USD)! 500 mins or 1100 SMS included every year for life! - Top up anytime - Use it at least 1x every 6 months. ENTER PROMO CODE: PCMAG25X

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The mainpage claims it is a lifetime disposable number, isn't that a little contradictory?

ETA: I do get it, and while Google Voice will do most of this, this is a much simpler way to do it and I do see some value here, it is just an odd statement.

rated:
This is misleading. Note this is not a cell phone service like FreedomPop where you get a SIM card. Hushed phone is for getting a second phone number, you still need cellular or wifi data to use this number from their app.

rated:
will this work on Ring+

rated:
It doesnt sound like this is an actual phone service. If so, why not use google voice for free unlimited voice and text?

rated:
It's basically a phone number changer app, to be used on your smartphone.  Call and text people without giving away your personal number/info.  I can see legit uses, but also open to abuse.

rated:
Yup. You guys are right. My bad. It is not phone service but an app that allows you to have a disposable phone number.

rated:
This actually might be interesting if you wanted a local number in another country with low usage.

rated:
trumpotron said:   will this work on Ring+
  slowly I turn step by step

rated:
FreedomPop is overpriced even on the free plan..call quality is intermittent and terrible over the wi-fi..data works ok,,, but that it..its like a faux phone service.(for you people in california that's not genuine; fake or false.)

rated:
trumpotron said:   FreedomPop is overpriced even on the free plan..call quality is intermittent and terrible over the wi-fi..data works ok,,, but that it..its like a faux phone service.(for you people in california that's not genuine; fake or false.)
That's funny that you say that "free" is overpriced!!!
FWIW, I do use the FreedomPop "free" plan and pay $0.00 per month for the 200MB data and 100 minutes talk. Serves well for emergency use, the only catch is that you have to turn off all of the extras that they automatically add for free for the first month. You have to be really bold & smart to attempt the free plan, it is easy to miss some crazy addon and get slapped with a few bucks before you realize it. But once you turn off the extras they stay off and you actually do get free service.

rated:
Another good option for occasional use is Tello PAYG.
Just buy credit for $5+tax and you just have to make one call every 6 month to keep it alive.
You can also use your Ringplus phone with them.

rated:
tinkakat said:   
trumpotron said:   will this work on Ring+
  slowly I turn step by step

For me Harbor Mobile.

Slowly I turned...step by step...inch by inch...

rated:
T-Mobile is doing this now, too

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017