posted 2 months ago by
Xenocrates
Deal Hunter - I Deal Therefore I Am

Linksys.com has the LINKSYS AC1200 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router (WRT1200AC)  on sale for $99.99 - $30 coupon code "FATWALLET30" = $69.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This is only $5.00 more than Amazon's lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel. This matches the post for that same deal in our forums

• Features AC1200 speeds of N400 + AC867Mbps and a 1.3GHz dual-core CPU
  • Two adjustable, removable antennas ensure maximum range and performance in single and multi-story buildings
  • Beam forming focuses and strengthens the Wi-Fi signal
  • Four gigabit ports offer blazing-fastest wired connections
  • One eSATA port allows for sharing across your network with data transfer speeds of up to 3 Gbps
  • Connect external storage or devices with the USB 3.0 port
  • Includes Smart Wi-Fi with Network Map to control and monitor your network from anywhere

Rated 4/5 stars with 4,699 customer reviews on Amazon.

Keep in mind the ratings for all three models on the same page are all combined. Make sure to sort them in order to find reviews for the WRT 1200AC.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $74.99 from Best Buy (via eBay).

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Great hardware, fast CPU and a good amount of RAM, but software side is lacking. If you are just looking for a good router with vpn support you are good to go, but if you want advanced features via apps like DLNA/PLEX and easy remote file access, I would move on. Also this accesspoint being a 2x2 puts it in the "yea I'm kinda fast" wifi. Most things are actually only 1x1, the only 2x2 devices I own had their wifi mini express cards upgraded by me personally and I think my high end gaming laptop. 

rated:
Linksys markets this line as community-firmware-friendly. OpenWRT adds all the advanced features you could ever want.

rated:
Great router, super fast, very simple set up.

rated:
Should I bother with AC when I have dual-band N already? And in a long, skinny house config that requires 3x units for broad coverage?

rated:
Found one unopened in a clearance bin at Sears for 21.00. I was thinking about returning it, but sounds like I got a deal.

rated:
TravelerMSY said:   Should I bother with AC when I have dual-band N already? And in a long, skinny house config that requires 3x units for broad coverage?
801.11ac has improved beam-forming.  That means the router can better focus power to extended spots (at the expense of other spots).  So yes, a long skinny house would benefit because the ac router can shape the coverage from a circle to an oval (just a simple example).

The other great thing about this router is that it has removable antennas.  Add a big 9 dBi antenna and it'll blast signal well beyond your house.

rated:
Thanks! I'll probably wait for these to show up for $20 refurbished. I'm already getting 100/10 Mbps on my iPad (max WAN speed) and higher speed to local resources aren't necessary yet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017