Posted with ToGo

8-Day Vacation in London, Paris & Rome w/ Airfare via Gate 1 Travel
From $849.00
https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-gate-1-travel-london-paris-rome-13 

Groupon Getaways is offering an 8-Day Vacation in London, Paris & Rome w/ Airfare via Gate 1 Travel with prices From $849.00.

Note: Sale price is based on double occupancy, otherwise price is an extra $500

$849 Choice:

• February 21st

$899 Choices:

• January: 10th, 17th, 24th or 31st
  • February: 7th or 28th

$949 Choice:

• November 2017: 22nd
  • February 2018: 14th

Package Includes:

• Flights New York-London then Paris-Rome-New York
  • Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
  • 6-Night Hotel Accommodations

• 2-Nights in London

• 4-star doubletree by Hilton Hotel London at Islington or similar in London

• 2-Nights in Paris

• Timhotel Berthier Paris 17 or similar in Paris

• 2-Nights in Rome

• Holiday Inn Express Rome San Giovanni or similar in Rome

• Transportation between London and Paris via Standard Class rail with reserved seats
  • Breakfast daily

Important info to know before you go includes:

• A US Passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
  • Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.

43 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Great deal OP but I'm not sure I would like to travel to Paris anytime soon.

rated:
or anywhere in Europe lol...

rated:
Nostradamus said:   or anywhere in Europe lol...
  Look at the data rather than stories on the news. Your odds of getting killed in the US are much higher than in any other 1st world country. So it's more dangerous to stay put than go to Europe.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Great deal OP but I'm not sure I would like to travel to Paris anytime soon.
  Keep an open mind, there is a good chance it would be a blast! 

rated:
phutureprimative said:   
marcopolomle said:   Great deal OP but I'm not sure I would like to travel to Paris anytime soon.
  Keep an open mind, there is a good chance it would be a blast! 

Just keep your head!

rated:
I would buy tickets to the 2018 Fyre Festival before I bought any trip from Gate 1 Travel.

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   
  Look at the data rather than stories on the news. Your odds of getting killed in the US are much higher than in any other 1st world country. So it's more dangerous to stay put than go to Europe.

Seriously... actually, you don't even need to go into the data, you can just google news it https://news-ui-prod.sandbox.google.com/search/section/q/shootin...

rated:
I wouldn't avoid Europe because of any potential danger. Its unlikely and I like to think I'm not buying into the fear the terrorists hope to spread.

Anyone know how much it is per day to extend? Its a great price with the airfare.

rated:
  May in Paris - beautiful. If only it weren't full of Parisians....

rated:
yahoot said:   
  May in Paris - beautiful. If only it weren't full of Parisians....

and hoards of young male refugees living on the sidewalks?

rated:
We put fare alerts out there using flights dot google... then once price dropped to UK, within HOUR I searched all sites, and Kayak/Priceline I got RT airfare on DATES I WANTED for $600 RT from midwest is normally $1300 or so. 

rated:
Free Kevlar suit with code: Terrormenot .

rated:
Its really a good time for enjoying vacation.

rated:
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/Eur...

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued threat of terrorist attacks throughout Europe.

Recent, widely-reported incidents in France, Russia, Sweden, and the United Kingdom demonstrate that the Islamic State of Iraq and ash-Sham (ISIS or Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, and their affiliates have the ability to plan and execute terrorist attacks in Europe

rated:
^
I wonder what the European equivalents tell their citizens about "routine shootings" here? ~25 people will shot dead here today. Routine.

rated:
Hornrw said:   I wouldn't avoid Europe because of any potential danger. Its unlikely and I like to think I'm not buying into the fear the terrorists hope to spread.

Anyone know how much it is per day to extend? Its a great price with the airfare.

The main points of the terrorists are trying to hurt the economy of every country and causing the fear to everyone not to travel.  If you, friends, and family don't hang out in a large group where the tourist usually gather, there is much to fear.  Please don't take my word for it.  

rated:
$849 Choice:

February 21st

$899 Choices:

January: 10th, 17th, 24th or 31st
February: 7th or 28th

$949 Choice:

November 2017: 22nd
February 2018: 14th

Give me some dates when you wont freeze your butt off....

rated:
Who cares about temperature? I did Europe in February a few years ago. It was a great time. NO LINES for anything. Great rates at hotels. Met a lot of travelers. I highly recommend going in the off season.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Free Kevlar suit with code: Terrormenot .
Nope, but people who think this do get a free course in basic math.  

rated:
ganda said:   ^
I wonder what the European equivalents tell their citizens about "routine shootings" here? ~25 people will shot dead here today. Routine.

They generally do.  You were less likely to be murdered in France than in the US in November, 2015, and that month INCLUDED the Paris terrorist attacks.  

rated:
We just got back from a trip to London. $450 RT from DFW to LHR is the cheapest I've ever seen it. International fights are really cheap now.

rated:
Occasional said:   I would buy tickets to the 2018 Fyre Festival before I bought any trip from Gate 1 Travel.
  I went to Russia with Gate 1 Travel and they were fabulous.  In fact, there was some weather issue so we couldn't cross a massive lake on the way into St. Petersburg, so they spent a bunch of money getting us there by bus and putting us up in a hotel instead.  

P.S. I just got back from France and I forget how much safer day-to-day stuff is than in the U.S.  We've gotten to the point where you can trust no one in any daily interactions and everyone is ready for an argument (that will be video'd and put on Facebook.)  Over there, it's just normal.

rated:
nickk said:   ...International fights are really cheap now.

Flights are incredibly cheap now, the dollar is strong and there are lots of empty seats on the planes. Ten years from now we will look back and marvel.

rated:
Looks like a good deal - but maybe for the same $ or a little bit more you could book your own flight and maybe stay at some nicer locations than the Holiday Inn express. But overall - if you want something that you can just book a vacation and not worry about everything else this is great if you have free time / can take a vacation on these dates

rated:
Personally, I like Holiday Inn Express because they provide free breakfast. Plain Holiday Inn does not.

rated:
austex said:   
nickk said:   ...International fights are really cheap now.
  Flights are incredibly cheap now, the dollar is strong and there are lots of empty seats on the planes. Ten years from now we will look back and marvel.

In 1999 thru 2001 I was paying $300 SFO - LHR RT, normally on Virgin, for long weekend trips. The not yet Mrs ganda was at one end, me the other. I normally was able to sleep across the center row on a 747. Just the departure taxes for LHR are more than fare now

rated:
While I would support traveling to Europe, I will never use Gate 1 again. Had a horrible experience with one of their tours to Cuba. They refunded us a few thousand dollars afterwards but I'd have rather had decent assistance during the trip.

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
ganda said:   ^

They generally do.  You were less likely to be murdered in France than in the US in November, 2015, and that month INCLUDED the Paris terrorist attacks.  

You are comparing to murders in America which are mostly gang or break-ins or spousal related. The Paris/London terrorists are targeting tourists which is who we would be.

rated:
I've been to Europe over a dozen times in the past eight years. I'm many times more likely to be shot on the streets here than over there. Maybe you're more likely to be scammed or pickpocketed, but not killed.

rated:
burgerwars said:   I've been to Europe over a dozen times in the past eight years. I'm many times more likely to be shot on the streets here than over there. Maybe you're more likely to be scammed or pickpocketed, but not killed.

I lived in London for a few years and never felt in danger. I have felt in danger in some of our fine cities (hi Memphis!)

eta: although I once got caught up in a bar fight in Paris that was nothing to do with me. Wrong place, wrong time. Nobody was shot, obviously, broken noses and missing teeth only. 

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   

Link please.TIA.

rated:
emmagata said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   

Link please.TIA.

Wikipedia?

Sort the table by homicides per capita 

Consider any of those with a greater homicide rate as peers? I don't.

eta: WTF is up with the USVI? I've been there numerous times and they're great.

rated:
ganda said:   
emmagata said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   

Link please.TIA.

Wikipedia?

While it's good to note the safety of any travel location, let's keep the posts on the subject of the deal itself and not off-topic politics. 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   

While it's good to note the safety of any travel location, let's keep the posts on the subject of the deal itself and not off-topic politics. 

+1 More 1st hand experience with Gate 1 Travel please

rated:
Let me point out that 8 days to see London, Paris, and Rome is NOTHING when you consider the time it takes to get there and move between cities! These are enormous cities, and while you can see the highlights in a few days with guided tours, it would feel very rushed with only two nights in each city, after a transatlantic flight at the beginning and then a flight from Paris to Rome in the middle.

It is possible to do it cheaper, at a better season, with frequent flyer tickets. Yes, you actually can get decent award tickets to Europe from the US with some airlines (Alaska Airlines is great - using their partner airlines though to cross the ocean.) I've been doing it every year.

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   Let me point out that 8 days to see London, Paris, and Rome is NOTHING when you consider the time it takes to get there and move between cities! These are enormous cities, and while you can see the highlights in a few days with guided tours, it would feel very rushed with only two nights in each city, after a transatlantic flight at the beginning and then a flight from Paris to Rome in the middle.I would want to spend at least a week in each city.

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
ganda said:   
emmagata said:   
ArmchairArchitect said:   

Link please.TIA.

Wikipedia?

Sure, but politics? I was responding to a comment that it's not safe in Europe, when it's demonstrably safer than here. That's all.

"Wouldn't go to Europe, it's not safe" reminds me of my Uncle Bob who won't use the internet because "of hackers and viruses and it's all garbage and computers are made in China you know", when we all know Uncle Bob is computer illiterate and intimidated by anything more complicated than a can opener.

Paris can be damn cold in winter, not sure those dates are the best!

rated:
I like to spend just 2 or 3 nights in a city my first time there. I have a friend who needs to spend several weeks in a new city. You will learn a lot even if you are there for just a day.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017