posted 22 days ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Costco Coupon Book Changes Part 2 from the Costco Insider
They initially published that there would be only 6 coupon books during the year. That number has now been changed to 10.
In each of the 10 coupon books the discounts will be deeper in most cases.

Costco is focusing more on bringing in what they call treasure hunt items. They think of shopping at Costco as a treasure hunt. That’s partly why they move items around the store so frequently. Anyway, they’ll be bringing in more unique and fun items to the stores that you haven’t seen before.

Future Coupon Book dates:

·  6/1 – 6/25 (June 2017 Costco Coupon Book)
·  6/29 – 7/23 (July 2017 Costco Coupon Book)

http://www.costcoinsider.com/changes-to-the-costco-coupon-book-p... 

39 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: DEAL DISCUSSION, HOT DEALS. — May. 24, 2017 @ 9:48pm
rated:
Thanks for the info Smokey!!

rated:
So, Tj Maxx...?

rated:
the 2 Costcos in my city don't move items around... everything is always in the same place... with exception to the "instant rebate" items.
They put the instant rebate items at the end of each row for most visibility and some of the 'hotter' deals get moved up front near the entrance.

rated:
Jesus saved

rated:
mainomega said:   Great idea because I love taking time from my busy schedule to waste my ducking time looking for stupid shit to buy rather than spending time with friends and family. Costco is a ducking warehouse club, not Disney world. The wife only stands that place cuz she can get samples while I waste our lifes shopping the isles.
Thank good for Amazon pantry and google express.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1308 

How can I cancel my Costco Membership? To cancel a membership, the Primary Member can:

• Speak with a team member at any warehouse membership counter and receive an immediate refund, or...
  • Call our Member Services Center at 1-800-774-2678

rated:
Thanks for the info Nick555. My membership is great but not everyone feels that way.

rated:
When i shopped for insurance (home and auto) sometime ago, the quote I got through Costco program (I think Ameriprise is the company) was lower than the few others I tried. The premium savings more than makes up for the membership. Something to look at for folks considering becoming a member.

Personally, there are not a lot of items that I find cheaper at Costco than elsewhere. Not enough by itself to justify membership fee in my case. I have heard (no personal experience) Costco travel also has some good deals for car rental, cruises etc. In short, the benefits of membership are more than the cost of grocery items you buy or coupons available.

rated:
mainomega said:   Great idea because I love taking time from my busy schedule to waste my ducking time looking for stupid shit to buy rather than spending time with friends and family. Costco is a ducking warehouse club, not Disney world. The wife only stands that place cuz she can get samples while I waste our lifes shopping the isles.

You just wasted more time from your busy schedule posting this!  LOL

rated:

Yeah, my wife found some dessert that she liked, came back 3 days later and they already moved it 2 aisles over.  Spent 5 minutes walking around looking for it.  WTH Costco.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   When i shopped for insurance (home and auto) sometime ago, the quote I got through Costco program (I think Ameriprise is the company) was lower than the few others I tried. The premium savings more than makes up for the membership. Something to look at for folks considering becoming a member.

Personally, there are not a lot of items that I find cheaper at Costco than elsewhere. Not enough by itself to justify membership fee in my case. I have heard (no personal experience) Costco travel also has some good deals for car rental, cruises etc. In short, the benefits of membership are more than the cost of grocery items you buy or coupons available.

Costco is not particularly cheaper than other stores... and generally, cannot compete with sale prices of grocery stores. BUT, I can count on Costco to be a very good value. When it comes to fresh produce and meat, Costco wins hands down. When it comes to the other items I buy, it's a great value, even if I have to buy in bulk. Kirkland brand products (Costco's generic brand for hundreds of items) are so well known for their quality that sometimes I prefer to purchase the Kirkland variant instead of the original (I don't often do that with other generics). I can buy toilet paper anywhere for cheaper, but Costco toilet paper is nearly perfect and always a great value.

I have an executive membership which gives me 2% back. I get about $75 a year, which I put right back towards my $110 membership. So for $35 a year, which I save just on gas alone, my membership is well justified. 

rated:
fwuser12 said:   When i shopped for insurance (home and auto) sometime ago, the quote I got through Costco program (I think Ameriprise is the company) was lower than the few others I tried. The premium savings more than makes up for the membership. Something to look at for folks considering becoming a member.

You don't need membership to get the insurance. It just gives a larger discount. For me (home ins. NJ) the discount was only ~$20.

rated:
mrmayor said:   

You don't need membership to get the insurance. It just gives a larger discount. For me (home ins. NJ) the discount was only ~$20.

I understand Ameriprise sells insurance to non-Costco members. The Costco membership got me premium savings that more than made up for the membership fee.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   

I understand Ameriprise sells insurance to non-Costco members. The Costco membership got me premium savings that more than made up for the membership fee.

I used to have it. But they raise premiums just like other Ins Co. Shop around after a few years. you will be surprised.

rated:
I like Costco because I can rely on their products, the quality of their produce and meet is usually excellent, better than elsewhere. Their travel deals are pretty good. I reserved a rental car for an upcoming vacation, and their price was well below what I could find elsewhere.

I also like that they treat employees well, and this results in good customer service throughout.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   
fwuser12 said:   

I used to have it. But they raise premiums just like other Ins Co. Shop around after a few years. you will be surprised.

I have already seen that (been over a year with them now). They are still better than what I could find elsewhere. But realize I will have to keep shopping periodically.

rated:

Not to mention paying a membership fee to spend more money at their stores. I heard the membership price is going to go up in June too.

rated:

So shopping at C0stco with your wife doesn't feel like spending time with your family?  For me, anytime I'm with my wife/kids I feel like I'm spending time with them, be it at the beach, amusement park, playground, backyard BBQ or in a store.  Plus, no one is forcing you to have a membership at C0stco.  You can see the 10 foot C O S T C O letters on the warehouse from half a mile away and instead of driving away from it, you make an effort to park and enter the store then whine about it?

rated:
Costco membership fees are going up June 1st, 2017.
The Goldstar, Business, and Business Add-On memberships in the U.S. and Canada will rise $5 from $55 to $60 annually.
Executive memberships in the U.S. and Canada will rise $10 from $110 to $120 annually.
The last time membership went up was November 2011.

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   Costco membership fees are going up June 1st, 2017.
The Goldstar, Business, and Business Add-On memberships in the U.S. and Canada will rise $5 from $55 to $60 annually.
Executive memberships in the U.S. and Canada will rise $10 from $110 to $120 annually.
The last time membership went up was November 2011.

To me this is meaningless. If you shop wisely and get back more than the membership fee, you are ahead. I prefer to have executive membership as it has cash back.

rated:
Took my $35.00 cash back check (Yes, I know it's not much) to renew my membership.I was planning on downgrading to the Goldstar since obviously we don't spend enough to justify the Executive. Representative at the renewal counter informed me that all I have to do is say I wasn't happy with my rebate check and they would make up the difference to renew the Executive for $55(Goldstar price). I said "I'm not happy".lol She also informed me that if the check wasn't enough next year they would gladly do the same again.

rated:

We love Costco and would be members at twice the price. We got an amazing deal on a family trip to Rivera Maya last year. All-inclusive 4 star resort for 8 days with airfare from D.C. for about $4500. It also came with $1000 resort credit & $240 Costco gift card. The deal was 1/3 cheaper than I could find the same package elsewhere (not including the bonuses). A friend just booked 2 weeks in Hawaii and saved a bundle. 

I also use use the Costco car buying service when buying a new car. I get the Costco discounted price and then use that price as my ceiling ("Can you beat the price Costco quoted?) when negotiating with other dealerships in the area. Salesmen never say the Costco place isn't real because they know it's legit. Only about half the time can I find a dealership willing to beat the Costco price. 

Costco car rentals are also usually a great deal.  I don't have a corporate car rental plan and hate digging around for coupons or discounts.  Costco's car rental rates are extremely competitive and usually beat the rates I can find on most of the larger Internet travel sites (Kayak, Expedia, etc). 

Great prices on wine, liquor, & produce etc keep us coming back. The Costco AMEX isn't bad either. Amazon is still my #1 bff merchant but Costco is a close second. 

rated:
The prices are good on many things but you have to shop to know what is best. Sometimes the large quantities are negative but they eventually get used.

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   Sometimes the large quantities are negative
  Integer overflow?

rated:
CA2DC said:   The Costco AMEX isn't bad either.
You haven't been to Costco for almost a year, have you?

rated:
I was told this when I signed up for executive membership - really nothing to lose but my rebate has always been larger than the fee.  Especially when I purchased stuff to sell on eBay

rated:
I have rented cars through Costco a few times.  They have been the cheapest every single time by a wide margin and rentals include a second driver at no charge! Pays for my membership just on those savings.  

rated:
I am a longtime Costco member and recently looked in to switching my Homeowners insurance to Costco partner Ameriprise Insurance. Their prices were quite a bit lower than my current insurer, However after some research I found a lot of very negative feedback about Ameriprise . Many of the people were upset that Costco has partnered with such a bad company to serve their customers. Has anyone had any recent dealings with them?

rated:
The car rentals have been very good. The second driver included sold it for me.

rated:
Recently. I felt like costco prices have gone up quite a bit in recent months. I noticed that gas prices at costco was same as outside. I have both costco and sams membership and I am leaning more towards sams now.

rated:
I've carried Costco's Ameriprise car--and house--insurance going on 6 years now.  Had two unfortunate claims (wind damage to roof and a pipe burst that damaged the ceiling below) and Ameriprise paid the claim amount
within a couple of weeks after sending out an adjuster both times.  In addition, my rates for both home and auto are still substantially below the annual quotes I get from the likes of Progressive, Farmers, AAA, State Farm
and others.  Couldn't be happier with their service--and their premium charges.

rated:
California folks need to check out wawanesa for auto and home insurance

rated:
i think if you want to do costco you always take executive. my exec rebate almost always cover my membership cost plus you got the exec discounts for other things like the ameriprise insurance. it's only not worth getting membership if your annual shopping is less than $3K, but other than that it's no brainer, or if you just plain hate costco for whatever reason.

I get my car battery from costco these days, it's 36 months full refund no matter what as opposed to pro-rated everywhere else. yes you have to take it out of your car and put it in yourself so it's no fun if you're not mechanically inclined and accustomed to full service car repair, but not an issue for me. as it happens my vehicle is one of those that got something quirky that the battery is almost always dead after a year or so, thus free battery for life is worth it to me.

rated:
rcglfr said:   I am a longtime Costco member and recently looked in to switching my Homeowners insurance to Costco partner Ameriprise Insurance. Their prices were quite a bit lower than my current insurer, However after some research I found a lot of very negative feedback about Ameriprise . Many of the people were upset that Costco has partnered with such a bad company to serve their customers. Has anyone had any recent dealings with them?
  fake reviews.... or more likely, people are only placing reviews after they had bad experience but never when it's good. I've been with them for 12+ years and their quotes cannot be beaten, especially if you are exec member and also make sure you cover for house and vehicles because that's where the biggest extra discount is. of course i also have excellent credit score so if you're bad score they're just like any other insurance that would still be held against you. beware that they only cover ONE single primary residence only so they won't cover additional properties or rental properties AT ALL.

rated:
I had Wawanesa and went to USAA for better prices and coverage in California.

rated:
If you want to save few bucks you can ask to pay your membership fee now at your warehouse and beat the price increase.
A Friend of mine renewed early and got the old price of $110 for the Executive card.

rated:
Apparently the Costco marketing department figured out what 99.9% of us already know, that the coupon books brought people to the store (and they just might spend more than what they were planning to buy). The obvious result from this idiotic coupon reduction plan is both sales and profits go down.

Frequently, though Executives excel at politics and getting along with people, it takes Executives some time to understand basic 5th grade common sense.  And thus, the Executives have to learn from their mistakes that 99.9% of us would never make.  Maybe they were bored thinking of things to try with their spare time doing nothing ("Hey, I'm, bored, let's try reducing coupon books and deals, we'll make more money because the vendor paid coupons cost us administration time and we could be golfing)"...and the rank and files below were going WTF, LOL.

rated:
Gee, you think feedback to Costco would work???NOT!

rated:
HuggieBear said:   Apparently the Costco marketing department figured out what 99.9% of us already know, that the coupon books brought people to the store (and they just might spend more than what they were planning to buy). The obvious result from this idiotic coupon reduction plan is both sales and profits go down.

Frequently, though Executives excel at politics and getting along with people, it takes Executives some time to understand basic 5th grade common sense.  And thus, the Executives have to learn from their mistakes that 99.9% of us would never make.  Maybe they were bored thinking of things to try with their spare time doing nothing ("Hey, I'm, bored, let's try reducing coupon books and deals, we'll make more money because the vendor paid coupons cost us administration time and we could be golfing)"...and the rank and files below were going WTF, LOL.

The company has really started to go downhill once Jim Sinegal stepped down. Now it has become 'let's plop a store everywhere and draw business away from our current locations' and 'cut every penny we can', all while using a technology and inventory system from the 1980's will almost no e-commerce integration. Lines grow longer and employees are starting to become less and less friendly, at least in my location.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017