FYI,

I'm just looking for a spare 1. I found 1. I think the 90% OFF is only for first month but you could downgrade any way because it's no contract. If u want to check out Tello service then it might be a good deal.

"For its anniversary, Tello is giving a 90% OFF deal for newcomers, jaw-dropping offer valid between 4-10 May 2017, for any phone plan of $10 or more. Just use the code – BDAY – at the checkout & enjoy!"

"The customers who joined Tello since then get a 25% off super deal for any plan over $15. They need to use code 1BDAY between 5-8 May 2017 and enjoy the savings. "

http://blog.tello.com/news/tello_anniversary_offers/ 

" Tello hosts a contest on its Facebook page, inviting fans to share what they love the most about Tello. The winner will be selected randomly and receives an iPhone 7 as a prize. "
https://www.facebook.com/tellomobile/

34 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The discounts are for 1 month, not ongoing, correct?

rated:
olegos said:   The discounts are for 1 month, not ongoing, correct?
  correct

rated:
seems exiting paygo can use code to add plan for mix and matching. A pretty good summary at this site.
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/tello-best-for-buil...

3months later I'm good with $9 plan, 100min, 200MB and a ten dollar top off to cover text at 1c paygo rate. Toggle off 4G to get unlmited 64kps. All plans have that.

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   seems exiting paygo can use code to add plan for mix and matching. A pretty good summary at this site.
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/tello-best-for-build-your-own-wireless-plans

3months later I'm good with $9 plan, 100min, 200MB and a ten dollar top off to cover text at 1c paygo rate. Toggle off 4G to get unlmited 64kps. All plans have that.

Isn't that $7?

rated:
my plan is $7 but WAH tax is high. CLoser to 8.79. Thunderstorm just knocked out my power here in NW. May find out what this unlimited buzz is sooner than later. Love my little Acer R11 long battery and Nexus 6 tello tether. I was going to add a promo plan but I would feel dirty cancelling it after power comes back.

rated:
Post on 2g isn't too bad but lost tether, forgot about that. Sign me up

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   seems exiting paygo can use code to add plan for mix and matching. A pretty good summary at this site.
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/tello-best-for-build-your-own-wireless-plans

Is there any coupon for pay as you go?

rated:
no paygo coupon, just added 5gb tether plan to my paygo. Through app and it was pending for a few minutes, chat fixed it in minutes.5 gigs for 5 bucks!! 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   no paygo coupon, just added 5gb tether plan to my paygo. Through app and it was pending for a few minutes, chat fixed it in minutes.5 gigs for 5 bucks!! 
Where is this 5gb tether plan under paygo ?

rated:
I misspoke or mistyped on this tiny Acer R11, I have a combo special served hot, just when I needed it. it was under plans, not paygo, I just picked data only, no text or minutes, just to get through this power outage. Tempted to put my Spark tablet on it, they don't seem to care.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
olegos said:   The discounts are for 1 month, not ongoing, correct?
  correct

and I thought I can only find you on finance forums how are you MR. Star of the week  

rated:
I wonder if it's a glitch, why would they have both 25 and 90% off for existing customers. I'd be crazy to pass that up, without out power still using a 5GB bucket for a month for only $4.50..

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   I wonder if it's a glitch, why would they have both 25 and 90% off for existing customers. I'd be crazy to pass that up, without out power still using a 5GB bucket for a month for only $4.50..
Are you saying that you can apply both 25 and 90% off to a plan?

rated:
no can't combine offers, one or the other but why pick the lower discount? I must be missing something. 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   no can't combine offers, one or the other but why pick the lower discount? I must be missing something. 
The codes are BDAY, and 1BDAY. 90% off is only for new accounts.

rated:
dunno, I just logged into my paygo account and added plan for 90% off. You can't use it if you already have a plan but if you are paygo it's okay to add plan with coupon. A lot of us got the $10 paygo a few months ago and were just sitting on it until now. Had to add CC and select plan. Pending delay through app but chat cleared it up in minutes. Didn't seem to matter I was already a user. I hope people don't abuse Tello, I want to help them along a bit by paying something and going FP on SD. Seems like a really good outfit but I said that about Ringplus and got burned badly. 

rated:
Thanks guys for helping me out.
Is there an easy way to just cancel/deactivate phone on Ting and use that phone on Tello?
I really don't care about the phone number but just out of curiosity does Tello allows a change of phone number just like RingPlus (just in case I end up with a phone number which previously belonged to a deadbeat)

rated:
I didn't end up on Ting but It's probably easy to cancel and get a new number with Tello using same phone and sim. I think support could change number for a good reason. Free swaps and free tether are really Handy.

rated:
yay, power (and shower!) is restored and I have wifi again. That was over two days on Tello data and I still have 3.32 GB left on 5GB. I'm not paying $45 to renew but it was a lifesaver. Got to try 64k on my other plan and read SD and FW easily but I needed tether for my Acer  R11 chromebook. Having a 7hr battery on a tethered laptop really helped.

I can see why they trottle so low, I wanted to stream local news video badly but had to settle for basic internet.

rated:
Does Ting allow free swaps?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Does Ting allow free swaps?
To answer my own question - Yes it does  

rated:
I thought there would be more Ting users hanging around this deal. I prefer the Paygo but combining both plan and paygo really is special.

rated:
Is this the correct way of doing this?
Ting said: Deactivate Device:
Before you proceed...
Choose this if you want to disconnect this device from your Ting service. You will lose the mobile number associated with this device. You will no longer pay the $6/mo. active device charge after this current billing cycle closes. Deactivated devices can be reactivated at any time.

Is this the best way to do it or should I deactivate and then delete my phone altogether from Ting?

rated:
yes if you are not porting or trying to save your number then deactivate to free up ESN and delete account if you are done with Ting. I forgot to mention there is a nice Youtube review here. 
https://youtu.be/kRZzrdxomRA

rated:
What’s The Difference Between Tello and All Other MVNO’s (TING?) https://bestmvno.com/sponsored/tello-new-wireless-carrier-launch...

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   What’s The Difference Between Tello and All Other MVNO’s (TING?) https://bestmvno.com/sponsored/tello-new-wireless-carrier-launches-phone-plans-starting-5-dollar-month-no-fees-whatsoever/
Wish they had a promo on PAYG. 
Even with 90% off I am not going to bring my phone from Ting to Tello but rather deactivate them once the R+ credit expires.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
Monkeybiz said:   What’s The Difference Between Tello and All Other MVNO’s (TING?) https://bestmvno.com/sponsored/tello-new-wireless-carrier-launches-phone-plans-starting-5-dollar-month-no-fees-whatsoever/
Wish they had a promo on PAYG. 
Even with 90% off I am not going to bring my phone from Ting to Tello but rather deactivate them once the R+ credit expires.

You can get unlimited calls and unlimited texts for one month for only $1.80
Or 300 minutes and unlimited texts for only $1

rated:
a ten dollar paygo could last me a year with wifi everwhere and obi200 at home. I think I'll keep the $7 plan just for the unlimited 2g. It's not fast but it good for emergencies, 

rated:
If you are mostly relying on Obi and wifi, why get any plan? You will likely pay less than $7/month with PayGo, even with emergency data use.

rated:
I'm still debating whether I need to keep plan with 2G. It's not much to pay to have an emergency backup to internet should power go out. I've had frequent outages but not so much now after line fixes. I figure it's like skipping a burger once a month and I'll live longer. 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   I'm still debating whether I need to keep plan with 2G. It's not much to pay to have an emergency backup to internet should power go out. I've had frequent outages but not so much now after line fixes. I figure it's like skipping a burger once a month and I'll live longer. 
I think PAYG is a much better option if you just need a backup for occasional outages.
That's what I am planning to do whenever they come out with a PAYG promotion.
Alternatively, FreedomPop AT&T SIM is also a good option if you just want internet for outages.

rated:
My son has found the 2g to be too slow to be useful. Web browsing is very slow and Waze won't work.

rated:
man I miss R+, Tello on the moto G4 hit 49/14 LTE earlier today. I found the 2G to be adequate for basic web tasks, like HTML here or SD. But you lose the tether on 2G. I'll probably go back to paygo since I have several of those. Mostly the Tribute HD, that doesn't tether anyway. I have some Freedom pop around here somewhere, that GSM was only 3G I think. I'd rather give Tello a few bucks to keep those promos coming.

rated:
last day for coupon. Ting has a good sim guide https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/205428218 and knowledge base. BB sells some of these cheap, have to ask the phone dept for you sim part number. My moto g 4 uses ting C5 or SIMGLW446C

Tello has a way to go but this is a good start.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017