posted 2 months ago by
nwrain

Newegg had these at a regular price of $179 (the same as Amazon ) as of yesterday.  Today Newegg raised the price to $199 and added a coupon code to bring the final price down to $168 with free shipping, not a great discount but the best I've found in the past week or so.  This item is also Shoprunner eligible for free 2 day shipping. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147373&ignorebbr=1 

Promo Code EMCRFRE64

Samsung SSDs consistently rank at the top in both professional reviews of SSDs and customer reviews.  This drive is currently rated at 5 eggs on Newegg and 5 stars on Amazon

8 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jul. 24, 2017 @ 11:54pm
rated:
Not really that great of a deal. 500GB SSD were about $100 last BF...

rated:
these ssd are priced way to high,,,it wont be long till the bottom falls out on them...

rated:
Wow, why are the prices of these things going up? Regular price for the 850 EVO 500GB used to be $149, cheaper on sale. Got one for that price about a year ago.

rated:
There have been multiple reports of memory shortages causing the price for Ram and SSDs to climb. It is suggested that prices will not stop rising until Q3 2017.

rated:
fatxman said:   Not really that great of a deal. 500GB SSD were about $100 last BF...
Good luck finding one (especially a Samsung) for that now.  You'll have to invent a time machine.  Technology prices sometimes do go up instead of down.  As FWer wizardking said, there are well documented component shortages from multiple manufacturers that have driven the prices up. 

This to be followed (no doubt) by multiple attorneys general announcing charges of price fixing and collusion against those same manufacturers.

rated:
Wow prices went up. I have the same exact drive. I bought it for $114 from Amazon round xmas time

rated:

chart (33.79kB)
Disclaimer
Check out the camelcamelcamel price history chart below. Prices on this have been rising since mid-2016.

rated:
I was going to say I think I bought this last year for like 117 or something how does it go up higher then before..... Dear Samsung stop trying to make up money for the phones that turned into a epic fire sale ....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017