posted 20 days ago by
tunthegreat

RAVPower 60W 12A 6-Port USB Charger Desktop Charger $16.50 @Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQ19QYA/
Sold by Sunvalleytek and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Use Code: XFL56NV5

6 Pack Assorted Lengths High Speed Micro USB Cable
After Coupon Price: $7.99
Coupon Code: GAEBB439

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I'm surprised they make them with this many ports. If you max it out, one would be pretty close to tripping a 15amp breaker

rated:
tunthegreat said:   60W 6-Port USB Charger $24.99 @Amazon 
Ships from and sold by Amazon. com
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-60W-6-Port-USB-Charger/dp/B01L0KN8OS

not sure how this is a hot deal - it's not on sale - and you'd be better off buying a Sabrent 10 port for $32.99 as that's the best $/port deal - $3.30/port vs. $4/port for this one

rated:
lemonhead said:   
tunthegreat said:   60W 6-Port USB Charger $24.99 @Amazon 
Ships from and sold by Amazon. com
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-60W-6-Port-USB-Charger/dp/B01L0KN8OS

not sure how this is a hot deal - it's not on sale - and you'd be better off buying a Sabrent 10 port for $32.99 as that's the best $/port deal - $3.30/port vs. $4/port for this one

The Sabrent model supplies 12A total, so the only way you can use 10 ports at once is if you use mainly 1.1A devices.   Once you plug in a 2.1 or 2.4 A device, some of the ports really become effectively dead.
The Amazon version is the same 12A spread over 6 ports, so your current per port goes from 1.2 on the Sabrent to 2 on the Amazon.   Price per port isn't necessarily the best way to look at value unless most of
your devices are 1.1 A products (and newer phones, tablets, etc. are not).   If you can't plug in 10 devices and get reasonably fast charging, it is better to save the $8 and get fewer ports with higher current rating.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   I'm surprised they make them with this many ports. If you max it out, one would be pretty close to tripping a 15amp breaker
  Maximum of 12A, so you would not trip a breaker.

rated:
leonc said:   
MeIsCheap said:   I'm surprised they make them with this many ports. If you max it out, one would be pretty close to tripping a 15amp breaker

Ya I get that, but if you plug it in a normal household, there typically other devices already plugged into the circuit. You also don't want to put more than 80% of what the circuit is rated for, otherwise it would be considered overloaded. So that 15 amps, is really a max of 13.5, before other devices. 

rated:
Reviews state it has cheap capacitors and gets crazy loud whine while charging. Probably not for use during the day in an office environment.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   
leonc said:   

Ya I get that, but if you plug it in a normal household, there typically other devices already plugged into the circuit. You also don't want to put more than 80% of what the circuit is rated for, otherwise it would be considered overloaded. So that 15 amps, is really a max of 13.5, before other devices. 

The 12A is the output at 5V DC --> That is how they arrived at the 60 Watts (12A x 5VDC). So if it were 100% efficient, it would draw only ~0.6A at 110VAC on the input side.  Even with 60% efficiency (which would be terribly inefficient) it would only draw 1A of AC power at 110V.   

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017