posted 2 months ago by
bosshog

I got a fever, and the only prescription is . . . morecowbell, who coincidentally, is the Star of the Week.

In addition to being an all-around great guy, morecowbell is one of our most helpful and polite members, as you can see from his posts, whether its sharing his experiences on amps or taking sight seeing tips from fellow members! He also recently returned to the forums with quite a lot of fanfare

He even visited us a few years back. He toured our offices and was equally content to shoot the breeze with FatWallet employees. This is probably why MVP9596 said morecowbell is "one hell of a guy."

morecowbell will receive a special "Star of the Week" badge, a custom title for the next week, recognition throughout the site and a special FatWallet Mystery Box! We'll have to see if he shares what he gets.

Keep making awesome contributions and thanks again for being part of the FatWallet Community.

Ryan Washatka
General Manager
FatWallet.com
"Bosshog" 

47 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Congrats!

rated:
Aw, yeah! MCB you were one of the first forum members I interacted with way back in the olden days on my personal account. You were super helpful and teased me much less than the rest of Off Topic. Very well-deserved, congrats! 

rated:
Great!

rated:
My heartiest congratulations morecowbell
Very well deserved.

rated:
one of MCB's great lifetime achievements. i'm sure his mom is proud.

rated:
Awesome!

rated:
Nice to see! Always appreciated your posts mcb.

rated:
Good for you MCB, well deserved!!

rated:
Send him a Wawa giftcard.

rated:
ganda said:   Send him a Wawa giftcard.
.......and beer

rated:

MCB (34.34kB)
Disclaimer
bosshog said:   morecowbell is one of our most helpful and polite members...

The good news: MCB got this. Yay!
The bad news: It means I am never, ever, gonna get it. Nay!

rated:
wow! i sure am surprised! there are so many members that contribute so much to the forums, i am glad that some outside of off-topic even recognize the name 

going to beloit was a great moment for me, as well. it wasnt well planned on my part, but the FW staff still made it very memorable! i still need a rematch wth MVP on foosball...

i am also glad i made some friends on here, as well as having met some in person. this community has some really great members! there are a lot of different viewpoints, as well as some creative/witty banter! FWis always fun and interesting 

rated:
Congrats morecowbell!

I liked your old avatar better.  Not that I don't like Han but Han don't know nothing about cowbell...

Or perhaps I'm confusing you with someone else?  Either way, congrats!

rated:

MCB (48.92kB)
Disclaimer
ChinaRider said:   Congrats morecowbell!

I liked your old avatar better.  Not that I don't like Han but Han don't know nothing about cowbell...

rated:

MCB (29.88kB)
Disclaimer
ChinaRider said:   Congrats morecowbell!

rated:
iirc, the old avatar was will ferrell. and didn't land his airplane on the taxiway

rated:
bosshog said:   This is probably why MVP9596 said morecowbell is "one hell of a guy."

I said that?  Huh, I must have been hallucinating.   Fine fine, I admit I said it.  Congrats MCB, well deserved!

rated:
Congratulations are very nice

rated:
He is a loyal and subservient subject. I approve of this commendation.

rated:
aasamet said:   Congratulations are very nice
Never thought about it this way.......

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   He is a loyal and subservient subject. I approve of this commendation.
You mean they didn't consult you beforehand?

rated:
Congratulations! That's excellent.

I had a pleasure of meeting MCB in San Diego a few years back. It was brief, but was a good time talking in person. And thankfully, he didn't shoot first.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
bosshog said:   This is probably why MVP9596 said morecowbell is "one hell of a guy."

I said that?  Huh, I must have been hallucinating.   Fine fine, I admit I said it.  Congrats MCB, well deserved!

Right after you praised me for something or another...

Congrats MCB, well-deserved!

rated:
st4rdust said:   Aw, yeah! MCB you were one of the first forum members I interacted with way back in the olden days on my personal account. You were super helpful and teased me much less than the rest of Off Topic. Very well-deserved, congrats! 
  I pressed the positive button on the top right corner of your chat thinking that it was a like button. I realized it was not the like button but an alert to mod. Am i right before or now :/ still confused 

rated:
marcopolomle said:   My heartiest congratulations morecowbell
Very well deserved.

you were also the start of the week :/ so how many stars are there in a single week. Plzz help

rated:
johnadamthegreat said:   
  I pressed the positive button on the top right corner of your chat thinking that it was a like button. I realized it was not the like button but an alert to mod. Am i right before or now :/ still confused 

Nope, still confused. The green + button is in fact the "like" button.  

Also there is one star of the week, each week.

rated:
ctgolfer said:   Good for you MCB, well deserved!!
  it is hard to beat you he surely deserved that. 

rated:
Nope, still confused. The green + button is in fact the "like" button.  

Also there is one star of the week, each week.

Thankyou

rated:
Congratulations!

rated:
morecowbell said:   iirc, the old avatar was will ferrell. and didn't land his airplane on the taxiway
  Hey PM one of the mods so we can get your address to send you your box please and thanks. 

rated:
Neilium said:   
morecowbell said:   iirc, the old avatar was will ferrell. and didn't land his airplane on the taxiway
  Hey PM one of the mods so we can get your address to send you your box please and thanks. 

He told me to tell you to send it to:

Kandy Korn Head
c/o General Delivery
North Daktoa, USA

rated:
Congrats

rated:
He's too busy playing Jud in OKLAHOMA!

You know, Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.

rated:
Congratulations!

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
Neilium said:   

He told me to tell you to send it to:

Kandy Korn Head
c/o General Delivery
North Daktoa, USA

Okay, its in the mail.... we saved by having it go on the slow truck... the really slow truck

rated:
Congrats!

rated:
Nice to see!

rated:
i got my box of swag today!

i got a couple of t-shirts, one xxl and one ladies large, of black friday origin. i got a yoda fuzzy basket, and some random star wars hollow candy holding heads. i got a bunch of general stuff (too much to list) that will come in Handy in one way or another. got a couple of pens, and a FW sticker, and a bunch of candy and mints! oh yeah, and a mug, and some laces

thanks! i already thought of immediate uses for much of it 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017