WIMIUS L1 4K Action Camera Wifi 1080p 60fps 20MP Waterproof Sports Camera FPV Camera 2.0'' 170°Wide Angle Include 2pcs Batteries and Full Accessories Kits-Black.Sold by ThiEYE Authorized-US and Fulfilled by Amazon
Link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071CFHJY1
Code: 5TOZ6U2V

2 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I haven't used this exact camera, but I bought another Wimus one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXHGTG0 - and sent it back within a few days. The picture and video quality was abysmal. I saw reviews (I think here on Fatwallet) that said the 4k video quality isn't good, so I tried recording in 1080p. The lighting was fine and all, but my cat (I recorded her playing a little bit) just looked like a black blob (she is solid black) and black horizontal lines covered a good portion of the video. I don't know if I had a defective model or what, but it was so bad I was just floored. What was truly disappointing was the picture quality. Still pictures in normal lighting were grainy as hell. The last time I used a camera that was this bad was on a flip phone.

Again, it may have been a defective model or there may be some improvement in this model, but you should really field test this camera as soon as you get it to make sure you want to keep it. I couldn't even justify the other one was a throw-away due to the price and poor quality. You seriously might as well not have any camera at all for the quality I was getting.

rated:
MessinAr, it sounds like you had a defective camera. I've seen several reviews on YouTube of Wimius cameras that were quite positive, with decent quality video in their demo clips, plus this brand includes two batteries and often has a nice case for the camera and all its accessories.

For anyone who hasn't done much research into action cameras, there are dozens of models of inexpensive Chinese GoPro clones out there, some selling for as little as $16 on eBay for a 1080p model. Most of these cameras have the same physical dimensions as a GoPro and will take GoPro accessories; it would seem that a large number of them are virtually identical, were made in the same factory, and merely have a different brand name on them. Some of these cameras have video and image quality that is almost as good or in a few cases, even better than a GoPro. There are hundreds of decent reviews of these cameras on YouTube, most of which have HD video footage from the camera to examine and compare. I suspect that to get the prices so low on such sophisticated electronics, those Chinese factories are cutting a lot of corners, so their QC is not great and there seems to be some variation in quality from one unit to the next.

There are a number of Wimius 4k action cameras on Amazon for around $50 that seem to have nearly identical specs (although they claim to shoot 16mp photos instead of 20mp). The main difference seems to be that the L1 has a square body whereas the other Wimius models have the same rectangular size and shape as GoPros and most other action cameras. That would suggest to me that some or all of the typical action camera accessories would not be compatible with the L1. Looking through the specs, it does say that the L1 has "anti-shake" as a feature and if that means that it has gyroscopic stabilization built in, that would explain and justify the price difference over older model Wimius cameras, as the better models of action camera have a gyro that really makes a big difference as far as stability of the video.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017