posted 17 days ago by
BigFatCat
Senior Member - 1K

Pretty good deal on what is still a decent spec phone... seller refurb (guaranteecelluar), but they're usually pretty good...

LG G4 

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 28, 2017 @ 4:02am
rated:
I would agree that the specs on the LG G4 are excellent. The camera is also very nice! However, they have a known issue where they develop a boot loop due to a soldering issue. I just had mine repaired by LG to fix an intermittent WiFi / Bluetooth connection, which is also a known issue.

Therefore, if you like to use your phones for longer than 4 months, you may want to consider a different model, or purchase them with some kind of warranty.

rated:
cdhamma said:   I would agree that the specs on the LG G4 are excellent. The camera is also very nice! However, they have a known issue where they develop a boot loop due to a soldering issue. I just had mine repaired by LG to fix an intermittent WiFi / Bluetooth connection, which is also a known issue.

Therefore, if you like to use your phones for longer than 4 months, you may want to consider a different model, or purchase them with some kind of warranty.

Yeah, I had to replace my G4 again today due to the boot loop issue.  This is my 3rd phone, luckily still under warranty.  

rated:
I also have this phone and love it. The camera is phenomenal taking pictures and video. I suffered the boot loop error as well. LG fixed mine as VZW said it was out of warranty through them.

rated:
Boricua65 said:   I also have this phone and love it. The camera is phenomenal taking pictures and video. I suffered the boot loop error as well. LG fixed mine as VZW said it was out of warranty through them.
  Same here.  Got mine new from eBay for $175 and after 4 months DIED - was sitting on my desk and would not turn on...

Filled out warranty repair request with eBay receipt (which said sold as is) and LG fixed it free and shipped back in 2 days.

rated:
I'm curious...it's a Verizon phone "Unlocked for GSM". So the CDMA portions is still locked to Verizon?

rated:
Another vote for great phone, but not likely to be one you will use for years. My wife got one at launch, and is on the third replacement.

She loves the phone, but is tired of the boot loop issue.

I used a Verizon G4 for a short time and liked it, but didn't have it long enough for it to fail.

rated:
george2001 said:   I'm curious...it's a Verizon phone "Unlocked for GSM". So the CDMA portions is still locked to Verizon?
  Yes.  This will not work for Sprint.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017