posted 13 days ago by
publicpersona

Champion 46596 3500-Watt Generator at Wal-Mart. They recently had a similar deal but sold out quickly. This one is still in stock as of now. Yes, Amazon has (for Prime members only) the same item for a dollar or two cheaper. However, Amazon wants $35.64 to add the wheels/axle/handle and Wal-Mart has a bundle that includes both items for $221.56.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Champion-Power-Equipment-46596-3500-Watt-RV-Ready-Portable-Generator-Not-for-sale-in-CA/22288670#about-item 

"RV Ready - Equipped with a standard 30A RV outlet, enough power to start and run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner 4000 starting watts, 3500 running watts with up to 12 hours run time on a full tank of gas"

Not legal in California apparently.

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have one of these from a few years ago. Good cheap brand.

rated:
Out of stock

rated:
Maybe back in stock? I was able to add to cart at that price as of just now.

rated:
Walmart: add gas, out of luck returning it.

Amazon will take it back. Ahhh, the luxury of Prime.

rated:
No shipping to California. Anyone know why?

rated:
How loud is it? and how is the maintenance? I have a Champion 2000w inverter generator... ran it for almst 24/7 for 6 weeks last summer... but it needs maintenance every 100 hours so every 3-4 days I had to take it apart, clean the spark suppressor, change the oil, clean / oil the air filter and put it back together. Of course its bolted together with metal inserts into plastic... so in 6 weeks 3-4 of the bolt inserts came out of the plastic. I doubt it will survive another summer.

rated:
PharmerNate said:   No shipping to California. Anyone know why?
  Generators sold and operated in CA need to be CARB compliant.  What is a CARB compliant generator? 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017