https://www.t-mobile.com/content/t-mobile/consumer/offers/2aB6t91.html 

LIMITED-TIME OFFERBUY THE NEW Samsung GALAXY S8,GET ONE FREEVia prepaid card when you have T-Mobile ONE™ with 24-month finance agreements. If you cancel wireless, remaining balance at full price is due. Order now! Call 1-844-408-0499 

Existing Tmo Customers

https://promotions.t-mobile.com/OfferSearch

Promo Code:

17SAM8BOGO 

24 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is T-Mobile Choice plan same as T-Mobile ONE?

rated:
I don't see where does it says Simple Choice plan, I think this is only for T-Mobile One only.

rated:
For well-qualified customers. Fin. agmts for both devices, qual’g credit, & a new line of qual’g service req’d. Galaxy S8: $30 down & $30/mo x 24, full pre-rebate price $750. +tax due at sale. Rebate via Prepaid MasterCard® Card. Cards issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from MasterCard International and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Card terms and conditions apply. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks.

Also, you need to get a new line, it is required for the second phone.

rated:
Assuming one has a family plan, an extra line is $20/month (taxes are now included!), so 20x24=$480 additional charge. not sure if T-Mobile still does the $10 credit if one uses less than 2GB. So, it is an additional $250 or $500 for the second phone with service - and you pay full price for 1st line. The $200 for LG G5 or free with trade-in for iPhone 7 were better deals. Arguably, currently LG V20 or G6 for $500, no requirements for extra lines, are a better deal.

EDIT: apparently, there is also a $500 rebate for buying 2 LG G6, which makes it a $250 per phone AR (search for LG on FW) - a great deal for a brand new flagship, and no new lines required!

rated:
Just checked. Prepaid customers are not eligible for this promotion???

rated:
hong said:   Just checked. Prepaid customers are not eligible for this promotion???

For real? Why would Tmobile wants to give you B1G1 S8 if you are prepaid customer?

rated:
Anyone can do it but, you HAVE to add a line to the 2nd phone.

rated:
Anyone can do it but, you HAVE to add a line to the 2nd phone.

rated:
Where did you see the $500 rebate for the LG-G6?  Thanks.

rated:
zklopman said:   Assuming one has a family plan, an extra line is $20/month (taxes are now included!), so 20x24=$480 additional charge. not sure if T-Mobile still does the $10 credit if one uses less than 2GB. So, it is an additional $250 or $500 for the second phone with service - and you pay full price for 1st line. The $200 for LG G5 or free with trade-in for iPhone 7 were better deals. Arguably, currently LG V20 or G6 for $500, no requirements for extra lines, are a better deal.

EDIT: apparently, there is also a $500 rebate for buying 2 LG G6, which makes it a $250 per phone AR (search for LG on FW) - a great deal for a brand new flagship, and no new lines required!

Where did you see the rebate for the LG=G6?  Thanks.

rated:
couponking1953 said:   
zklopman said:   Assuming one has a family plan, an extra line is $20/month (taxes are now included!), so 20x24=$480 additional charge. not sure if T-Mobile still does the $10 credit if one uses less than 2GB. So, it is an additional $250 or $500 for the second phone with service - and you pay full price for 1st line. The $200 for LG G5 or free with trade-in for iPhone 7 were better deals. Arguably, currently LG V20 or G6 for $500, no requirements for extra lines, are a better deal.

Where did you see the rebate for the LG=G6?  Thanks.

Found it.  Thanks!

rated:
This is a decent deal, but the one for the G6 seems better, since you don't need to create a new line but that's personal preference. G6 link for those interested.

rated:
Just walked out of the TMobile store with (2) S8+, (2) LG G2, (2) LG GPad X 8.0.

I'm not sure if I should say thank you or not ;P

rated:
joemi said:   Just walked out of the TMobile store with (2) S8+, (2) LG G2, (2) LG GPad X 8.0.

Do you need to add a new line ?

rated:
kenwallet said:   
joemi said:   Just walked out of the TMobile store with (2) S8+, (2) LG G2, (2) LG GPad X 8.0.

Do you need to add a new line ?

Yes, at least until the rebate comes. 
Also the tablets need service as well.  $20 SIM + $25/Motnth service each. 

rated:
But on the mobile lines don't you get back $5 for autopay and $10 discount for having voice lines making it effectively $10/mo?

rated:
After adding a new line, can we cancel and prepay the first phone after we get the rebate for the free phone in about 2 months?

Also, I currently have 3 line for $100 all unlimited. I am being told that if I add the new line it will be $40/month and once I cancel after two months it will go back to 3 lines for $100. I have my doubts tho?

Thoughts?

rated:
I have been with tmobile for 2.5 years, and can tell you from experience, there is no going back. I was receiving $85 discount on my bill from two different promotions for 2 years. I then was told I could get a $40 discount and it would replace the $25 discount I was getting for a total of $100. Well, that $40 replaced the $85, and after talking to 4 different reps, 2 emails, they said there's no going back to previous promotions and were fine with my canceling all 9 of my lines.

I wouldn't risk it. I think if they are still offering the 2 lines for $100 you'll get it, but not the 3rd line free. Personally I'd play it safe and get two G6s for $500. I'm on the s8 (JOD) and miss the G6 I had for a month.

rated:
Reviews of g6 are saying it's not as good as s8....why miss the g6?

rated:
ElGuache said:   I don't see where does it says Simple Choice plan, I think this is only for T-Mobile One only.
  Just spoke with CS and only Tm-mobile one and simple choice unlimited plan are qualified.

rated:
Im currently on a family plan with T-Mobile but without a contract (nor am I paying off a phone)- any reason I can't just drop off one of my lines and immediately add a "new" line back on to get this promotion?
Anyone ever tried this before?

rated:
JJOmallie83 said:   Im currently on a family plan with T-Mobile but without a contract (not am I paying off a phone)- any reason I can't just drop off one of my lines and immediately add a "new" line back on to get this promotion?
Anyone ever tried this before?

I am thinking the same way. 

rated:
I'm also curious about this. How would it work?

I have a family plan with 7 lines. I checked on the promo page, and I'm eligible for this promotion.

So, what would be the order? 

1. Call TMo, cancel one line? What happens to that phone number?
2. Go through with this promotion. Would they just add the new line to my family plan?
3. I enter into a payment plan for the new phone. Do I have to do the payment plan? Or can I just pay off the new phone? This would be better, because I can submit it as a work expense.
4. Then I get the Pre-Paid mastercard?

Sorry for being dense about it. Just trying to understand the promotion and how it works.

Thanks.

rated:
mofrebourg said:   Reviews of g6 are saying it's not as good as s8....why miss the g6?
  The fingerprint reader is my biggest issue. It's not just the s8 placement is bad, but even with my finger on the sensor, it takes 2-3 tries to get it to work, while my G6 was instant and perfectly reliable (unless getting out of the shower).

Both are fast but I use it for just a couple game, MLB streaming, Amazon video, and several other little apps. I know the processor is much better in the s8 but I couldn't tell a difference. S8 camera is same as the s7 and it's still good. I've tested pictures with my wife's G6 and can't tell a difference on my home IPS monitor. Battery life feels the same (about a day for me). S8 screen is better and it doesn't over saturate like previous samsungs would do.

I use the fingerprint reader dozens and dozens times a day, and that being so awful is what makes me miss the G6. Using the face unlock or iris scanner is so half baked. Iris scanner works 30% of the time at best, and face is probably a little over 50%. If you would never use the fingerprint reader, I think it's a closer decision with the Samsung costing more, but if you do, without a doubt LG is my vote.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017