http://www.homedepot.com/p/ecobee-Ecobee3-7-Day-Smarter-Wi-Fi-Pr...

Senses ideal temperature for the rooms that matter most
ecobee3 users save significantly on heating and cooling costs
Monitor and control your heating and cooling from anywhere

Check for local rebates!

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have one of these - it's awesome.

However, be aware they just released their gen4 ($250) which also includes Amazon's Alexa built in.  

rated:
You can get this from walmart for $165
Check it from this link
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=48166519

rated:
I said: I have one of these - it's awesome.

However, be aware they just released their gen4 ($250) which also includes Amazon 's Alexa built in.  

I wonder how much you really want integrated Alexa AT YOUR THERMOSTAT.  I'd be more likely just to want a Amazon Dot separately located (which CAN integrate w/ your ecobee by the way).  Maybe the 4 has other benefits?

rated:
Bagofchips said:   
I said: I have one of these - it's awesome.

However, be aware they just released their gen4 ($250) which also includes Amazon 's Alexa built in.  

I wonder how much you really want integrated Alexa AT YOUR THERMOSTAT.  I'd be more likely just to want a Amazon Dot separately located (which CAN integrate w/ your ecobee by the way).  Maybe the 4 has other benefits?

I use it with my dot or google or siri. (all of the above, whatever is closer). Nice to have the voice commands. If I didn't have any, then having it built in would also be nice.

As you said, without knowing the other benefits, I'd prefer to get a dot or something separately.  

Also, as nice as it is to have it built in, it's yet another device that can spy on us.  Funny how someone brings up a microwave and everyone laughs (including the media).  There might not be one now, but there will be and there's plenty of other things that already can.

rated:
100 dollar utility rebate in utah

YMMV on other states

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017