posted 2 months ago by
elizabethannephant

I just moved to T-Mobile from ATT using the STUDENT01 discount.  I got 2 Galaxy S8s for the price of one and saved an extra $400 on my 4 lines.   When you use this discount promo you get a $75 Mastercard gift card for each new line and T-Mobile waives the $25 a line activation fee you pay in stores or at T-Mobile.com.   Really easy, just call 844-786-2964 and give the STUDENT01 promo code and they’ll set you up.

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Did you have to start 2-year contract to get the BOGO? You just paid $750 for the first phone and they sent you two, or is it a pay-$25-monthly deal?

rated:
I just moved from Verizon to ATT and got B1G1 free S8 Plus with 2 year plus a S3 Frontier for 50 bucks and to top it off they gave me 400 trade in for 2 old galaxy S3's. Why does these companies make us play these games of bouncing back and forth between them every 2 years to take advantage of new customer promos. Why can't old customers get a deal man!

rated:
So anyone can get this deal, you just need to activate a new line of service for 3 months, get the $750 rebate, cancel the extra line. Not a terrible deal even for current customers -on tmobile one.

rated:
They've reused that same promotion code (STUDENT01) for 2 promotions this year. The most recent one was for $200/port-in line and it hasn't posted yet.

rated:
Anyone familiar with T-Mobile coverage in Nebraska?

rated:
I do not know about Nebraska, but I do know you cannot believe their coverage map. I have a house in TN and per their map I have coverage at the house and all around, when in truth there is zero coverage in the entire area except the local cities which only extends to about a mile from the cities.I waiting for a BOGO deal from Verizon or ATT so I can switch From T-Mobile.

rated:
And BOGO without DIRECT TV? Was it Before April 1 deal?

rated:
wondering if this would impact 20% hookup code discount in anyway ? i mean while calling need to mention student01 as promo code which is for called student network ...

rated:
blumerj said:   I do not know about Nebraska, but I do know you cannot believe their coverage map. I have a house in TN and per their map I have coverage at the house and all around, when in truth there is zero coverage in the entire area except the local cities which only extends to about a mile from the cities.I waiting for a BOGO deal from Verizon or ATT so I can switch From T-Mobile

What phone do you have? Band 12 (700mhz A block) with VoLTE and E911 is needed for best coverage on T-Mobile. If you don't have a phone that supports that their coverage isn't hugely improved over where it has been in the past but if you do have that it is noticeably better.

rated:
I'm currently on a family plan with T-Mobile but without a contract (nor am I paying off a phone)- any reason I can't just drop off one of my lines and immediately add a "new" line back on to get this promotion?
Anyone ever tried this before? 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017