Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

The Mummy (Blu-ray + Digital HD) + $8 Movie Ticket for The Mummy (2017)
$7.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-mummy-includes-digital-copy-ultraviolet-blu-ray-1999/5713169.p?skuId=5713169

Pay only $6.99 when using the Best Buy Mobile Site (not the app).

1893 Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I purchased Dracula Untold, which had the same movie cash offer.

The movie cash turned out to be effectively worthless. It only applies to the 2-dimensional version of The Mummy, not 3D.

I called Best Buy to try to resolve this (false advertising), but I was sent 3 times to the Geek Squad, who know nothing about movie cash offers.

rated:
lgmayka said:   I purchased Dracula Untold, which had the same movie cash offer.

The movie cash turned out to be effectively worthless. It only applies to the 2-dimensional version of The Mummy, not 3D.

I called Best Buy to try to resolve this (false advertising), but I was sent 3 times to the Geek Squad, who know nothing about movie cash offers.

  It's not false advertisement and it's not BB's problem.  The ticket is worth $8.  If you want to watch 3D or IMAX, you need to pay extra what ever that is over $8.

rated:
I must admit that The Mummy is a great movie. at first I saw it because my teacher showed it to us in the class and she didn't shows us all because of the limited time. I was attracted and wanted to see them all. so I bought this.It is very good though it is not 3D. thanks ragingwookiee's share.

rated:
linrick said:     It's not false advertisement and it's not BB's problem.  The ticket is worth $8.  If you want to watch 3D or IMAX, you need to pay extra what ever that is over $8.
  Wrong.  You obviously didn't try it yourself.  The movie cash has been programmatically bound to the 2D version of The Mummy--only that version of that movie, and no other.  It will not work at all on any other movie nor any other version--not even The Mummy 3D.

Perhaps I should explain that this version of movie cash is not like a pseudo-credit card (as some previous movie cash offers were).  Rather, it is merely a promo code to Fandango 's web site.  Fandango has strictly programmed the promo code to apply to the 2D version of The Mummy, but not The Mummy 3D.

rated:
ragingwookiee said:   The Mummy (Blu-ray + Digital HD) + $8 Movie Ticket for The Mummy (2017)
$7.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-mummy-includes-digital-copy-ultraviolet-blu-ray-1999/5713169.p?skuId=5713169 

Pay only $6.99 when using the Best Buy Mobile Site (not the app).

  What do you mean by Mobile site. I googled Best Buy Mobile and the the price is still $7.99.

rated:
Norseman said:     What do you mean by Mobile site. I googled Best Buy Mobile and the the price is still $7.99.
 

  You have to switch to the Mobile version of Best Buy's web site.  You must initially select shipment to your home.  Then, on a later screen, you should be asked whether you want to save $1 by picking up the item in the store.

rated:
I went to their site on my phone and followed your steps but it didn't ask about saving a $1 on the page prior to payment.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017