posted 2 months ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

15 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This should qualify for rebates with a lot of utilities.

rated:
Does not qualify for rebate with Chicago area util co's.

rated:
Installed a pair of these in my home a few months ago and love them...paid more than $129 each though

..make sure you have a 'c ' wire with your current setup (or know how to rig your current wiring to use one of the other wires - plenty of youtube videos on how to do this)...

I had to connect the 'C' wire up at the zone controller which took about 5 minutes, but once I did that, the connections to the back of this were very simple...

rated:
model RTH9580WF

rated:
I've had this for nearly 2 years--bought for a little less on eBay. Has gotten me $125 from SCE and SoCal Gas, and just got *another* offer from honeywell/SCE/Socal Gas for $75.

Keep an eye out for emails from honeywell, they've been the ones who sent me the offers.

rated:
I have one; it is nice.

One annoying "feature" is that around 2am every night it turns the screen white for a couple hours supposedly to prevent burn in. It is bright enough that is wakes me up sometimes since it is right around the corner.

rated:
shows as $161

rated:
This is the newer model. My husband hooked it up in less than 10 minutes a few months ago and we have been enjoying it ever since. If you're looking for some smart tech with wow factor for your home, this thermostat is it.

rated:
chachucris said:   This is the newer model. My husband hooked it up in less than 10 minutes a few months ago and we have been enjoying it ever since. If you're looking for some smart tech with wow factor for your home, this thermostat is it.

for an additional wow factor, these are compatible with Alexa....setting the temperature using voice control is great....

rated:
need to put in code P20MEMDAY

rated:
this or the ecobee v3?

rated:
worth the price.

rated:
Does it have an adaptor if you don't have a C wire?

rated:
aus said:   Does it have an adaptor if you don't have a C wire?

you need to look at the youtube videos on how to use the B wire as the C wire...however, doing this will prevent you from using the fan only option on your thermostat but will allow you use this honeywell thermostat...

rated:
Here is an article on how to it:

https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/10482/how-can-i-add-a-c-... SolutionThis solution is illustrated in this video from Honeywell

. With this solution you lose the ability to manually turn on the blower fan, but the fan will still run properly in the [code]Auto[/code] position.WARNING: This procedure involves modifying the wiring in the furnace, and may not be approved by every manufacturer. Check with the furnace manufacturer, and all local codes before attempting this procedure. Make sure the breaker for the furnace is OFF before you begin.

1. Make sure the breaker for the furnace is OFF.
  2. Start by removing the access panel on the furnace, and locating the thermostat wires.
  3. Remove the wire from the [code]G[/code] terminal, and connect it to the [code]C[/code] terminal.
  4. Using a short piece of 18 AWG wire, make a jumper and connect it between the [code]Y[/code] and [code]G[/code]terminals (this is only required if you have both heat and central air).
  5. Replace the access panel.
  6. Remove the thermostat from the wall to gain access to the wiring.
  7. Remove the wire from the [code]G[/code] terminal, and connect it to the [code]C[/code] terminal.
  8. Replace the thermostat.
  9. Turn the furnace breaker back on.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017