EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR Chase FREEDOM CARDMEMBERS
Tap 5 times at Grocery Stores and get a $15 statement credit

Use your eligible Chase FreedomŽ or Chase Freedom UnlimitedSM VisaŽ card in Android PayTM 5 times on purchases made at Grocery Stores accepting Android Pay between May 15 and June 15, 2017, and you'll earn a $15 statement credit.

Only the first 24,000 cardmembers who qualify will receive a $15 statement credit.

This offer is valid from 05/15/2017 through 06/15/2017. Only the first 24,000 cardmembers who qualify will receive a statement credit. To qualify for this offer, you must make 5 transactions at Grocery Stores using your consumer Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom UnlimitedSM card with your Android Pay account during checkout. Purchases are when you, or an authorized user, use a card to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the qualifying purchase(s) post(s) to your account for the statement credit to post to your Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom UnlimitedSM account. To receive the statement credit, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. If you change your credit card product during the promotional period you will forfeit this offer. This offer is non-transferable. Limit one statement credit per customer or card account. Chase or Visa may terminate this offer at any time without notice.

11 Comments
Add Comment
This site may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on certain links posted on this website. These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
rated:
Headline is missing a huge piece of information: Chase Freedom $15 credit when you use Android Pay 5 times AT GROCERY STORES

rated:
Thanks, fixed

rated:
Is there some kind of sign up for this? I hate that there's a hard cap and no way to know if you hit the cap.

rated:
You really cannot enroll either. And its the first 24,000 customers who hit 5 transactions that get the $15 credit.

Why is it so hard to earn free money

rated:
I'm up for the challenge.

rated:
Another challenge (in some areas): finding a grocery store that accepts Android Pay. In my area, the grocery competition comes down to Kroger versus Walmart versus Meijer (with Meijer being the smallest player in that competition and all of their stores being found in distant suburbs, whereas the first two are much closer to and/or within the central part of the city). Of those three, only Meijer accepts Android Pay/Apple Pay.

Of course, that also depends upon what Chase considers as a grocery store. I know for the Freedom rotating categories, they don't count Walmart(not even the Neighborhood Markets that ONLY sell groceries), though they DO count Meijer even though it is much more than just a grocery.

rated:
Good thing this is a 5% cash back quarter for groceries on the Freedom card.

Looks like Wholefoods, Trader Joe's, Sprouts, and the Fresh Market are the only safe options in my area (i.e., undisputed grocery stores). There could be more but I don't even recognize 1/3 of the stores on their list of partners... some could very well be grocery stores but you can't filter by type of store. I wish terms had included a list of eligible stores, but that would be too user friendly apparently.

www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/android-pay/freedom-offer

rated:
Stater Brothers and El Super both take it here in the Southern CA area.

rated:

1 (416.39kB)
Disclaimer
On a positive note, the app tracks your eligible purchases for you (see attached). Mine updated almost immediately. Hopefully getting the little check mark after each purchase means that the offer has not reached it's limit of 24,000 yet.

rated:
I have two Freedom cards, are they both eligible or just one?

rated:
When I completed my 5th purchase today, I noticed that for the first time the app actually listed 5 qualifying grocery stores as examples. However, two of those listed don't even appear on Adroid Pay's list of stores. In case it helps anyone, they are Price Chopper and Market by Price Chopper.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017