Posted with ToGo

Ryobi 16 in. 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Lawn Mower with Jet Fan Blower Combo Kit
$219.00
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-16-in-40-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Lawn-Mower-with-Jet-Fan-Blower-Combo-Kit-RY40140-4X/206698800

This Ryobi 40-Volt combo kit makes lawn care easier than ever before. The lightweight and compact 40-Volt Lawn Mower features a 16 in. cutting deck and fold-able handles for compact storage. With hassle free push button start and single point height adjustment, this quiet Mower is the perfect solution for any small yard.The Ryobi 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower boasts gas-like power and takes cordless tools to the next level. With a sophisticated jet fan design, this cordless blower provides fade-free operation at 155 MPH and 300 CFM. It features a pressure-sensitive trigger for airspeed control and a soft-grip handle for user comfort and command. This kit is equipped with a 4.0 Ah High-Capacity 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Battery to deliver fade-free power and extended run time. The 40-Volt Lithium-Ion battery and charger are compatible with any of the Ryobi 40-Volt tools. Backed by a 5-year warranty.

9 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Awsome deal! in for 1
Thanks

rated:
I have one....first...it is NOT self-propelled...two...it worked for ten min and has never worked since...this is Chinese technology and worthless at best.

rated:
If you don't want/need the blower, the mower itself is only $180 right now.
(The blowers can often be had dirt cheap on craigslist or eBay, as they come in all the combo kits and people don't use them.)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-40-Volt-16-in-Lithium-Ion-Cordl...

rated:
awesome deal - I've been using the mower for 5 years and love it - batteries seem to last only about 3 years, so plan on replacing them that often - just something to know that it's not going to be completely free to operate

rated:
misterphillip said:   I have one....first...it is NOT self-propelled...two...it worked for ten min and has never worked since...this is Chinese technology and worthless at best.
It doesn't claim to be self propelled. 
Also they did have some issues with the 40v batteries going un-chargable there for awhile, but reports are that they've ironed out the issue. Many people are using the 40v system quite happily, including myself. 

rated:
Deal posted 7 mins after SD.

One review says battery lasts 20 minutes. Another says less than 1/2 hour.
Battery on a  friends cordless blower only lasted 2 seasons, and a new battery is $40-50 or so.  That gets expensive.
Li-Ion batteries on my $230 Dewalt drill lasted less than a year. Got more and they had the same life.  They're $80-$100 each.
Numerous reports of batteries in power banks, car jump starters, etc only lasting short periods of time.
Numerous Li-Ion batteries in my various electronics last a short period of time.

Mainstream Lithium battery technology just isn't good enough yet; or at least the ones for home use. New technologies are coming. I think IMR is one.
Maybe they'll be more tolerant to cheap Chinese manufacturing.

rated:
Slickone said:   Deal posted 7 mins after SD.

Battery on a  friends cordless blower only lasted 2 seasons, and a new battery is $40-50 or so.  That gets expensive.
Li-Ion batteries on my $230 Dewalt drill lasted less than a year. Got more and they had the same life.  They're $80-$100 each.
Numerous reports of batteries in power banks, car jump starters, etc only lasting short periods of time.
Numerous Li-Ion batteries in my various electronics last a short period of time.

Mainstream Lithium battery technology just isn't good enough yet; or at least the ones for home use. New technologies are coming. Maybe they'll be more tolerant to cheap Chinese manufacturing.

If you are running the batteries until they're completely discharged you are not using the Li batteries properly. With Li batteries the mantra is do not discharge completely and recharge often..

rated:
kshell said:   
Slickone said:   Deal posted 7 mins after SD.

Mainstream Lithium battery technology just isn't good enough yet; or at least the ones for home use. New technologies are coming. Maybe they'll be more tolerant to cheap Chinese manufacturing.

If you are running the batteries until they're completely discharged you are not using the Li batteries properly. With Li batteries the mantra is do not discharge completely and recharge often..

I don't. I'm an RC hobbyist so I know how important it is to not over discharge.  Best storage state is about 40-50%.
Probably another problem with cordless yard tools and such is they will allow you to over discharge. Then some people store them that way until next season, which gets even worse as they slowly discharge more over that time. RC hobbyists usually have low voltage alarms and/or cutoffs.

rated:
I have the blower and a few other tools already (all refurbs). I had 1 of 3 battery packs refuse to recharge (likely to over-discharge trying to finish up blowing).

The blower is pretty weak yet still eats batteries. Good enough for a small/medium driveway and nothing else. The design is comfortable at least.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017