Posted with ToGo

FreedomPop 3-In-1 4G LTE SIM Kit: Unlimited Talk & Text + 3GB Data Trial $0.99 w/ FS

https://www.freedompop.com/offer/voicesimpromoLTE

FreedomPop is offering their GSM 3-in-1 SIM Kit + 4G LTE GSM Unlimited Talk & Text w/ 2GB Data Trial +Bonus 1GB Data + Premier Service Trial on sale for $0.99 with Free Shipping.

Note: Your subscription includes a 1-month(s) free service trial. At the conclusion of your free trial, you will be charged $32.98 at the beginning of your next subscription period if you decide not to cancel or downgrade the service. You can opt to downgrade to the 100% Free Basic Plan at any time which offers 200 Minutes Talk + 500 SMS Texts + 200MB LTE data/month.

Includes:
  • 4G LTE 3-in-1 SIM Kit (Pre-Activated)
  • Unlimited Talk & Text w/ 12GB data plan trial
    • Free for the first month then $24.99/month

• Bonus 1GB Data add-on (for a total of 3GB for first month w/ trial)
  • FreedomPop Premium Plus service trial
    • Free for the first month then $7.99/month

The 4G LTE GSM 3-in-1 SIM kit is compatible with most unlocked GSM Android or iOS Smartphone.

23 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This is sweet for dual-sim phones. Also for folks that dont use many minutes. Just be sure to change to the free plan to avoid being charged

rated:
FYI - there's a charge of $5 to disable auto reload. Note that you hit that once you get down to 100mb (ie half).

rated:
Other very useful previous threads with lot of useful info:

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1565625

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1553897

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1554201 - add your email address if you want people to "Friend" you on FreedomPop 

rated:
rsuaver said:   FYI - there's a charge of $5 to disable auto reload. Note that you hit that once you get down to 100mb (ie half).
What happens if you don't disable auto reload and go over your quota ?

rated:
Looks like they are also doing 2 sims for $1 https://familymobile.freedompop.com/offer/familypromosim?

rated:
PatioFurniture said:   Looks like they are also doing 2 sims for $1 https://familymobile.freedompop.com/offer/familypromosim?
Isn't this a better deal with FREE 1GB shared between the two (500MB per line) than the OP's deal which has 200MB free per line ?
Don't really understand the catch in unlimited minutes & texts and with FP there has to be a catch.

rated:
Good Luck using this company..you might be able to even make a phone call after you dial 6-10 times...

rated:
good luck figuring their plans out..

rated:
It's really not complicated at all if you can read and follow instructions. I have 3 internationals and 1 LTE. I have spent $2.00 total on all 4 lines since February. 2 of the internationals were $0.01 each, one was $0.99, and the LTE was $0.99. With friends bonus and by giving myself 100MB from 3 lines to 1, I end up with 600 MB on 3 lines and 1000 MB on 1 each month for free. I use either GV or TextNow on them without any problems. I totally disregard the 200 minutes and 500 texts since their app is such a battery killer.

rated:
Yeah, it seems simple enough.

rated:
I thought the family plan had a recurring $5/month fee??

rated:
They sent me 1 sim then another sim 2 days later, in 2 separate envelopes. I tried each in the phone and they have the same phone number. Is it supposed to be that way?

rated:
I think you have to use the update feature of the FreedomPop app, each time you switch out the sim card. If you open the FreedomPop app and look of the left side . You should see an icon for status of mins and data. It should do an update. I hope that helped.

rated:
PatioFurniture said:   This is sweet for dual-sim phones. Also for folks that dont use many minutes. Just be sure to change to the free plan to avoid being charged
  Does the FP app support dual sim so you can buy 2 FP sims and use both on the same phone?

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   
PatioFurniture said:   This is sweet for dual-sim phones. Also for folks that dont use many minutes. Just be sure to change to the free plan to avoid being charged
  Does the FP app support dual sim so you can buy 2 FP sims and use both on the same phone?

No, the app does not.

A dual SIM phone should be able to switch back and forth, and the app should detect the SIM (if on different email accounts, you'll need to sign out and back in to get it to work).  Note some dual SIM phones can only use GSM for calls on the second slot, while others can use higher speed data services on both.  This is based on the hardware of your phone.

rated:
Gpz1100 said:   I thought the family plan had a recurring $5/month fee??
You are correct. Only one month free trial.

4GB Shared Trial ($44.99/month)Show Details $0.00 (1)          FREE
LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle $0.50 (2)                    $1.00
Family Plan Line Access Fee Trial ($5.00/month)$0.00 (2)        FREE

So OP's deal is much better. You can get 700MB per line after adding 10 friends and no monthly charge.

rated:
hot2004 said:   

So OP's deal is much better. You can get 700MB per line after adding 10 friends and no monthly charge.

Each "friend" can donate 100MB extra to your line for up to 1.17GB per month.

rated:
I see this is the GSM plan with the ATT network. If you can live with the Sprint network, the CDMA version offers 300 mb more of LTE data at 500 mb / month.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
rsuaver said:   FYI - there's a charge of $5 to disable auto reload. Note that you hit that once you get down to 100mb (ie half).
What happens if you don't disable auto reload and go over your quota ?

I downgraded to free service with auto-reload turned off.  My plan is a little different in that it allows 500MB instead of just 200MB data.
But if I exceed 400MB data, my service (phone, mms, and data) is turned off until the next monthly billing cycle.
The error code I get translates to: "Because you have auto reload turned off your service is automatically suspended if you come within 100MB of your limit to prevent overages."

rated:
My dad hit the 400mb-No-Topup cutoff last month. It took several phone calls to turn it back on (without paying).

rated:
It's free but FreedomPop is the absolute worst. I was never able to make one call on their 3g, they always want to make you sign up for enhanced 3g. The 4g worked well for a trial then when it was over, that was it. The free text does not apply to those with SMS codes (such as the CTA in Chicago) though will work with regular phone numbers. The 500mb data cuts off at 400mb, which was the only thing that worked well.

The service isn't actually cell phone, it piggy backs off of WIFI, so in all you're getting awful service for free. This would be OK but when you can't even dial 911 than it's pretty useless, unless you have a dual sim capacity phone.

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   
hot2004 said:   

Each "friend" can donate 100MB extra to your line for up to 1.17GB per month.

This won't happen if you keep the $5 credit "active". In order to disable autotop up, you need to put $5 into your account. But the $5 credit vanishes after 30 days. It expired, but it's not gone. You can click to "reactivate" your expired credit at the end of every month. So long as you have credit in your account you can hit your limit as well as go over (but of course going over will cost you).

rated:
ericnew said:   It's free but FreedomPop is the absolute worst. I was never able to make one call on their 3g, they always want to make you sign up for enhanced 3g. The 4g worked well for a trial then when it was over, that was it. The free text does not apply to those with SMS codes (such as the CTA in Chicago) though will work with regular phone numbers. The 500mb data cuts off at 400mb, which was the only thing that worked well.

The service isn't actually cell phone, it piggy backs off of WIFI, so in all you're getting awful service for free. This would be OK but when you can't even dial 911 than it's pretty useless, unless you have a dual sim capacity phone.

The service is cellular; it's not WiFi only... that would be pointless. But it is technically a data only SIM. For voice and text you can use their messaging app to do phone calls over the data network (or wifi) but it's just like any other Voice over IP service... any lag in your connection will be noticeable. If you use their app, any cellular data you consume will be credited back to you. I prefer to use the Google Voice system (via Hangouts and Hangouts Dialer apps on android) to calls/texting over data. This data doesn't get credited back, but I don't have to worry about FreedomPop expiring my number or anything, and I can place calls and texts from my other devices and computer.

Under US Law, all cellular providers have to permit 911 calls even if you don't have active cellular service. So rather than providing 911 via their VoIP service, if you want to call 911 you have to use your phone's native dialer app. The easiest way to do this is often press the "Emergency Call" button on your lock screen. This will send the call over the normal cellular network even though your SIM doesn't otherwise permit voice calls in this manner; by law even Data Only SIMs allow 911 calls to connect.

I would generally not recommend FreedomPop GSM LTE service to anyone who makes a lot of calls. But if you mostly just use data or want a SIM for your tablet, hotspot, etc, it's pretty good. FreedomPop 's CDMA service offers a "premium voice" add on with a monthly fee that allows you to make phone calls normally.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017