posted 8 days ago by
anticlawson
I am usually on vacation.

Groupon has the BJ's Wholesale Club 1-yr. Membership on sale for $25.00

• Must be Activated In-store
  • Enrolls You Into the BJ's Easy Renewal Program (Can Be Cancelled at Any Time)
  • Promotional Value Expires August 1, 2017

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thanks OP!  
been waiting for a BJ's membership deal similar to the deals they had in 2015 and earlier years......went thru the details and this time they are not including any of the freebies....so it's a straight $25 for the 1 year membership....I have the Costco membership but that's 7 miles away while BJ's is practically next door (about 1 mile) and both these places have Gas Stations with prices almost always same .... I'm torn in deciding whether $25 is worth just for Gas....

rated:
dealgain said:   Thanks OP!  
been waiting for a BJ's membership deal similar to the deals they had in 2015 and earlier years......went thru the details and this time they are not including any of the freebies....so it's a straight $25 for the 1 year membership....I have the Costco membership but that's 7 miles away while BJ's is practically next door (about 1 mile) and both these places have Gas Stations with prices almost always same .... I'm torn in deciding whether $25 is worth just for Gas....

BJ's accepts manufactures coupons in addition to  store coupons (For a 3 pack of body wash you can use 3 manufacturer's coupons and thus savings add up).

Coupled with BJ's mastercard (10 cent gallon discount),   gas discount  at minimum is 20 Cents a gallon for me compared to next lowest priced gas station's  cash price. At 10 gallon per week for Normal commute that alone is worth $100 for the year for me without accounting for savings for long drives.

BJ's routinly offers extra 5 cent gallon discount when you make purchase in store first and  I have not accounted for that.

rated:
There is a new BJ's opening in my area, paid $45 for a year and 4 months as a promotional deal. I think I got a granola bar, a reusable grocery bag, ten cents off a gallon of gas for 6 months, and a $10 gift card for signing up. Can this be added on to current membership?

rated:
which area are you in ??

rated:
Just to be clear, can I buy the Groupon now but not redeem it until July 9th, when my Sam's Club membership expires? Fine print says promotional value good until 8/1/17, but when I start to checkout on Groupon, it asks for the name and address to include on my card...just wanna be sure it won't start the year membership upon purchase.

rated:
paratoke said:   Just to be clear, can I buy the Groupon now but not redeem it until July 9th, when my Sam's Club membership expires? Fine print says promotional value good until 8/1/17, but when I start to checkout on Groupon, it asks for the name and address to include on my card...just wanna be sure it won't start the year membership upon purchase.
This is for BJ's, I'm not sure if it activates right away. I think you have to take it in store to activate but not positive.  

rated:
In the past you got a voucher to activate in store; Groupon isn't tied into BJ's/Sam's membership programs so it isn't like they can activate you.

The deal does say "Membership begins on date redeemed."

Near perfect timing as my Sam's membership I got from the big deal last year expires in mid-August.

Side note/fun fact: You don't need a membership to buy third party gift cards online from BJ's, and they sell certain values ($100 and higher) of Disney gift cards at 5% off face with no apparent limit on order size and free shipping; easy 5% off if you are planning on spending cash on the mouse (note: no observed limit on $100 cards, but you can only buy 1 $500 card per an unknown period of time). Buying gift cards also qualifies for credit card cashback spend at wholesale clubs (which Discover and Chase have offered recently).

They also sell other cards of course but I can't comment on any deals on those.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017