posted 1 month ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

Posted with ToGo

Discount Tire Memorial Day Sale - up to $320 off via Rebates

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findPromotions.do?pgid=...

Discount Tire is offering up to $320 back in total rebates on select Tires & Wheels during their Memorial Day Sale (Exp 5/30).

Get a $25, $75, or $100 Visa Prepaid Card on select sets of 4 tires
Get a $100 Visa Prepaid Card on a select sets of 4 wheels
You can also save on select tires with their Manufacturer Rebates:

Hankook: Up to $100 Rebate on 4 Select Tires
Goodyear: $80 Rebate on 4 select Tires
Vogue: $75 Rebate on 4 select Tires

9 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Yes! I managed to wait since President's Day for this sale to come back! Kept expecting to blow a tire.

rated:
Xenocrates said:   Yes! I managed to wait since President's Day for this sale to come back! Kept expecting to blow a tire.
  I ran a pair of tires down to the cords waiting for this sale ... did not realize it until today.

rated:
Likewise, I have a a truck and a trailer each using their spares to get by. I just wasn't sure which day the sale would begin. Thanks OP
The link isn't working though?

rated:

rated:
I checked Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires, and the prices on Discount Tire are the cheapest by approx $8/tire (once the $75 rebate is included). The next cheapest is Amazon.

Remember that the Amazon price requires no rebates at all. If you ignore the rebate, Amazon is cheaper.

Is the hassle of a rebate worth $8/tire? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't call this a hot deal.

rated:
Obviously you should price shop any deal you find.

In some cases it depends on the shops where you live. Some may refuse to mount tires they didn't sell you themselves, won't sell you road hazard (if it matters), or have a nationwide presence for warranty claims.

I used this promo on one car a couple of years ago, but got a similar deal at the local dealer as they gave me a "buy 3 get 1" coupon when I bought the car new. It really just depends.

Now that I own a car with alloy wheels I stress more about the techs dinging them during my first tire change than saving a few bucks a tire.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   I checked Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires, and the prices on Discount Tire are the cheapest by approx $8/tire (once the $75 rebate is included). The next cheapest is Amazon

Remember that the Amazon price requires no rebates at all. If you ignore the rebate, Amazon is cheaper.

Is the hassle of a rebate worth $8/tire? Maybe. I certainly wouldn't call this a hot deal.

But remember that not everyone is looking for Goodyear Eagle tires in your size. I got a great deal during the last promo on General Altimax tires. YMMV based on brand, model and size.

rated:
also ebates is 3%CB + 3% using their visa.... 6% on 4 tires can be a good ~$50.... along with up to $320 in savings/rebates

Correction.... using the 3% ebates vs the discount credit is not worth it....   use discount credit to get additional money if available

rated:
camar0 said:   also ebates is 3%CB + 3% using their visa.... 6% on 4 tires can be a good ~$50.... along with up to $320 in savings/rebates

Correction.... using the 3% ebates vs the discount credit is not worth it....   use discount credit to get additional money if available

i use befrugal, cashback varies but usually highest this round is 6%, posting is fast too usually the next day sometimes the same day

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017