posted 48 years ago by
marcopolomle
Senior Member - 4K

Title says it all.
Check your offers.

This becomes a $25 Moneymaker with Swagbucks offer 

For example:
If you sign up today for $11.99 plan (+ 6%Tax = $12.70) and have Amex offers on two cards, then:

1. Change your credit card after 8/23 but before 9/23/2017

2. Cancel your subscription after 12/23 but before 01/23/2018

8 months of free Hulu with two cards with Amex offers.

Thanks Chuck @DoC

Views
29 Comments
Add Comment
I got it - Nice - Looking forward to taking a long Hulu Test Drive. 

Any FW gurus know how to use this to get ahead on payments? I'm already paid in full through August and have this on 2 Amex cards. I don't see any options to pay ahead other than applying gift cards, and they don't sell gift cards on the website.

I think if I read the terms correct... as long as you spent $50 in total before Feb or 2018 you should receive the credit, instead of a one-time $50.

jasonv1 said:   Any FW gurus know how to use this to get ahead on payments? I'm already paid in full through August and have this on 2 Amex cards. I don't see any options to pay ahead other than applying gift cards, and they don't sell gift cards on the website.
  I just called them and they said there's no way to pay in advance. I have this on two cards and I'd love to "bank" $100.

Bah, wish I got this one.

gpinzone said:   
jasonv1 said:   Any FW gurus know how to use this to get ahead on payments? I'm already paid in full through August and have this on 2 Amex cards. I don't see any options to pay ahead other than applying gift cards, and they don't sell gift cards on the website.
  I just called them and they said there's no way to pay in advance. I have this on two cards and I'd love to "bank" $100.

pay 6 months on one card and then switch to the other card until feb 18. You will be close to $100..

gpinzone said:   

They got smart.  Last time they offered this through AMEX (couple of years ago) Hulu sold gift cards.  At that time I was able to stock up on 18+ months of membership.

guho said:   
gpinzone said:   

pay 6 months on one card and then switch to the other card until feb 18. You will be close to $100..

I paid up through 7/22 using gift cards a while back.

It didn't say you have to spend 50+ in one transaction.

This becomes a $25 Moneymaker with Swagbucks offer​​​​​​​ 

Mr0ffic3r said:   I got it - Nice - Looking forward to taking a long Hulu Test Drive. 
  Test drive using commercial free option.  Their commercials really suck.

marcopolomle said:   This becomes a $25 Moneymaker with Swagbucks offer​​​​​​​
  This won't work as you will have to use Amex's link.

cohcoh said:   
  You have to use Amex's link.

All you have to do is to add the offer to your Amex cand and use it to pay at Hulu.
This is how Amex Offers work.
AFAIK you don't have to use any links to get Amex offer credit but YMMV.

*SB Awarded within 24 hours. Please note: If you cancel your membership within 8 days, your SB may be revoked. Offer applies to new and eligible returning subscribers only. This offer may only be redeemed (1) one time per user. This offer is presented to you by Swagbucks on behalf of a third-party merchant or sponsor ("Merchant"). Swagbucks does not endorse (and therefore is not responsible to you for) the Merchant's views, policies, products or services. Have questions? Please contact the Swagbucks Help Center.

How do you know if you're an "eligible returning subscriber"?

tree100 said:   
  *SB Awarded within 24 hours. Please note: If you cancel your membership within 8 days, your SB may be revoked. Offer applies to new and eligible returning subscribers only. This offer may only be redeemed (1) one time per user. This offer is presented to you by Swagbucks on behalf of a third-party merchant or sponsor ("Merchant"). Swagbucks does not endorse (and therefore is not responsible to you for) the Merchant's views, policies, products or services. Have questions? Please contact the Swagbucks Help Center.

How do you know if you're an "eligible returning subscriber"?

You can check some of the Hulu threads on Swagbucks/Reddit sub-forum. Don't hold me to it but it's something like you haven't subscribed in X months. X=6 months but it could be 3 or even 12.

Damn no offer. I don't suppose you can get it via twitter or somewhere else?

Did that long ago. Maybe they serve some people's needs, but they seem overpriced for what you get.

yes.thanks for sharing

0 for me.

So I must ign up first? Or I cannot get this offer.

Also worth pointing out, there are often Plenti point offers where you can get up to 600-1200 Plenti points per month for watching certain programs on there. They used to offer three different 200 point offers every two weeks (one for comedies, one for dramas, and one for kids shows), but they've sort of cut down lately, though it still seems to show up about once a month or so.

baker66 said:   So I must ign up first? Or I cannot get this offer.
No. You have to have Amex Offers in your Amex credit account.
If you have the offer then you add it to your amex card and use that amex card to pay for the hulu offer.
Read more details here.
Check out these 14 Things to Know about Amex Offer Deals.

I called HULU to help me break this deal down & they realized it's an error they have to correct it. They thanked me with a $500 check to be sent, thank you FW !!

Is this still working and is this worldwide?

For those of you who banked several months ahead you can add live TV service for $35 a month or go to the no commercial plan to use up your banked money quicker so you can use this offer. Hulu Live TV is not yet available for Samsung TVs but is coming soon according to the website, so I think I will wait until then to make the switch.

this might not work with swagbucks.

to redeem this amex offer, it says you have to enroll at hulu.com/start/amex, which takes you to a different enrollment page than if you click on the swagbucks offer. so it's not like a usual amex offer that merely requires payment.

Roku user here. Our Hulu account is billed through Roku, with no option to change it. I'll need to figure that out first.

no luck for me

crabbing said:   this might not work with swagbucks.

to redeem this amex offer, it says you have to enroll at hulu.com/start/amex, which takes you to a different enrollment page than if you click on the swagbucks offer. so it's not like a usual amex offer that merely requires payment.

With past American Express offers for Hulu, they don't care where you sign up or if you're even a new member, just whether or not your card gets charges from Hulu. I"ve done offers like this twice before and I wasn't even a new member either time, I just went into my account and changed my card to the appropriate American Express card. I would assume this is the same.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017