Starting May 31, Verizon customers with two of the most popular smartphones out there can walk (or run) into any T-Mobile store, put their phone on a faster network built for unlimited—and get that phone paid off in full. This limited time offer works whether you owe $1 or $1,000 on your phone—and gets you on T-Mobile ONE with device protection. With no more phone payments to make, that could mean thousands of dollars right back in your pocket. In addition, starting tomorrow and for a limited time, T-Mobile customers with two or more T-Mobile voice lines can get two additional lines for the price of one.

What phones are eligible?
The following devices are eligible:
iPhone SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus
Google Pixel, Pixel XL

What about other phones? 
Phones need certain software to be globally compatible, and some phones don't yet have that software. We're working with OEMs to make more phones compatible and help more people #GetOutoftheRed.

Why doesn't this work for AT&T or Sprint?
AT&T and Sprint must unlock their devices, and those phones won't work right away on T-Mobile's network. But, AT&T and Sprint customers can still switch to T-Mobile. We'll pay off their early termination fees (ETFs) or outstanding phone payments via prepaid card when they get a new phone on T-Mobiles Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). And for a limited time, we're waiving the trade-in requirement for Carrier Freedom.

How is #GetOutoftheRed different from Carrier Freedom?
There's no trade-in required to get your iPhone or Pixel paid off, and you can keep that device to use on the T-Mobile network when you switch and sign up for T-Mobile ONE and Premium Device Protection Plus.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/get-out-of-the-red.htm

Views
16 Comments
Add Comment
This could be a nice money making opportunity. Go to Verizon, get a new iPhone and service, drive over to T-Mobile, switch to them, get your phone paid for, stay for a couple of months, then cancel service.

Cestmoi beat me to it. Can also be great if you're just up for renewal.

cestmoi123 said:   This could be a nice money making opportunity. Go to Verizon, get a new iPhone and service, drive over to T-Mobile, switch to them, get your phone paid for, stay for a couple of months, then cancel service.
  but you would have to sign up for a contract?  does T-Mobile pay that off as well?  and how does it work with the phone, it is on a payment plan or financed with verizon?

The devil is in the details:

Participating customers just need to insure their device with T-Mobile’s Premium Device Protection Plus for $15 per month.

Limited time offer; subject to change. New financed or leased device (or if Verizon iPhone SE, 6S, 7, or Pixel BYOD, PDP+ required), qualifying credit, service, port-in, 60+ days with carrier, and timely redemption required.

60 days with Verizon? aka not gonna work for those who don't already have BIG RED.

btw, as an old guy I can say it's just sad when 60 year old's have long dyed hair (talking to you John Legere).. jmho

Nice sharing.

What am I not getting here, when prepaid can be less per month than these type deals.

90% of T-Mobile 's promos are nothing but gimmicks. Stay away.

There's no such thing as free... because "somebody has to pay." That's the motto I live by.

account and phone DPP must have been active on vzw for the past 60 days.

Redbeard25 said:   The devil is in the details:

Participating customers just need to insure their device with T-Mobile ’s Premium Device Protection Plus for $15 per month.

Hmmm does it say anywhere how long we need to maintain their protection plan?

Could be amazing deal for someone considering switching, but i've heard too many horror stories about how many Hoops you have to jump through for these Tmobile promotions and months to get the actual credit in your pocket.

If the monthly amount is in big easy to read size and there is some so small you cant read it run away.
Of course that is ALL of them

One also needs to be paying for device at Verizon for at least 60 days. Lots of fine print. Only a few devices qualify. Good if all of this checks out. 

One also needs to be paying for device at Verizon for at least 60 days.I would need a time machine to qualify and on top of that only a few devices qualify. Good if all of this checks out. 

Traded in 4 iphones last Sept to get 4 iphone 7s under their "free" upgrade program. Supposed to get monthly credit to offset the cost of the new phones. Ended up they credit one time $150 per iphone 6 and lost one of them. Never did get the monthly credit so now I am paying for 4 iphones at the same time. Every time I call it's being taken care of. It's been 9 months and still nothing. I think they're just waiting for me to give up. I am about to give up on Tmobile.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017