posted 2 months ago by
zubrin
Ancient Member

I signed up with Cricket 3 months ago when they had the same promotion of $50 port-in bill credit and I received it after 75 days.  Great deal.

$50 Bill Credit fine print: Must port eligible number (excludes AT&T ports) & activate new service on qualified plan in same transaction. Excludes basic phones & upgrades. Must be active & in good standing for 45 days. Credit received w/in 60 days from activation, is not redeemable for cash, has no cash value & is not transferable or refundable. Credit forfeited if account is cancelled. 1 credit per qualifying line. Bring Your Own Phone: $9.99 Universal SIM Card Kit & unlocked, GSM-compatible smartphone req’d. Taxes, fees & restrictions apply. General:Service subject to network management policies; see cricketwireless.com/mobilebroadband for details. Download speeds max 8Mbps (LTE)/4Mbps(4G). Add’l one-time fees (up to $3 Customer Assistance Fee) may apply; see cricketwireless.com/fees for details. All terms subject to change w/o notice. By activating/using svc, you agree to Cricket Terms of Service (cricketwireless.com/terms). Svc good for 30 days. Coverage & svc not avail. everywhere. See store for details.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/current-phone-and-plan-deals

6 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 23, 2017 @ 12:39pm
rated:
zubrin said:   I signed up with Cricket 3 months ago when they had the same promotion of $50 port-in bill credit and I received it after 75 days ... See store for details.

Why don't you give us the details from your experience?

rated:
it looks like for Bring Your Own Phone: $9.99 Universal SIM Card Kit is required?

rated:
KKDowing said:   it looks like for Bring Your Own Phone: $9.99 Universal SIM Card Kit is required?
  Order a free LG Fortune with porting and it comes with a nano size SIM, just pop it into your own phone after activation.

rated:
ocean935 said:   
zubrin said:   I signed up with Cricket 3 months ago when they had the same promotion of $50 port-in bill credit and I received it after 75 days ... See store for details.
Why don't you give us the details from your experience?

I am 100% happy with Cricket services.  Great coverage, clear voice comparing to Sprint and T-Mobile.

rated:
Thanks for responding.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. How exactly does the credit work, and what's the lowest on-going oop?

rated:
ocean935 said:   Thanks for responding.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. How exactly does the credit work, and what's the lowest on-going oop?

When you order a free phone with porting, you pay $40 upfront for the 1st month service as a single line.  However, after you receive the phone, do not activate until find a family plan at reddit then activate and merge your account into the family plan.  Upon merge, your 1st month service fee becomes $20 and you will receive $20 credit in the group account (but it is yours that you can use it to pay the 2nd month service or as a refundable security deposit).  3 days after activating your line, you will go out (don't use anyone in your group) and find a referral link or code and register with Cricket Rewards for $25 referral bonus.  You will pay $20 for the 3rd month service.  During the 3rd month, both $50 port-in bonus and $25 referral bonus will be deposited into the group account and they are yours.  Cricket will deduct bill credit first before charging credit card on file.  Therefore $75 bill credit will pay for your next 3.5 months of services.  So to answer your question, your OOP cost will be $60 for 6.5 months of services.  After that $20/month.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017