posted 27 days ago by
Chinsurah

I bought this TV last week from Fry's during Daily Promotion at $599 + tax. (We see this price at final checkout window).
http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-60UJ6540-4k-uhd-tv 
Very pleased with the picture quality and haven't found a lower cost yet. This is again on sale today - at daily promotion at same price.
Fry's will not pay the Tax (as opposed to more expensive TV models), but will ship free. I am posting a screen shot from their website (you may not see it without the link emailed to us).

Pros:
1. It is 2017 model with WebOS 3.5
2. It includes a web browser.
3. Streaming 4K content (using builtin youtube app) is amazing.
4. Deep blacks, and high contrast (even in ambient lighted rooms)
5. It has 4 HDMI (HDCP 2.2) ... but I like that a lot of apps are builtin. For 4K content I like to reduce the number of hardware (like Roku) processing that data and cables carrying that high bandwidth signal.
Cons:
1. The remote control is not smart (no bluetooth, can not speak into it etc). For me it was not a deal breaker.
2. It is native 60Hz (120Hz true motion). I was a bit apprehensive about it, but once I saw the 4K content, did not want to return the TV.

Note: There are other expensive models with LG Magic Remote Control with Voice Mate™  ... but I was  cost sensitive and my emphasis was on picture quality. (I am a cable cutter, use OTA antenna, Kodi on Fire stick & Netflix. Own but do not use Apple TV and Chromecast).

5 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Fry's freebies (Free after Rebate) thread.
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Jun. 24, 2017 @ 11:25am
rated:
Free local delivery, but no free shipping for those of us not near a Fry's.

rated:
Shows $699 here, so I guess this promotion is just regional, not nation wide.

rated:
I understand that in order to use OTA the TV needs to have a tuner and not all of them do anymore.  Do the LGs have tuners?

rated:
This TV has three built-in tuners, an ATSC tuner, an NTSC tuner and a QAM (64 & 256) tuner.

rated:
lovecd said:   Shows $699 here, so I guess this promotion is just regional, not nation wide.
  I think you have to subscribe to their mailings (and they do send a lot!) to receive a special code which you either show the cashier or enter in your online order. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017