posted 2 months ago by
LORENW
Packer Backer Deal-Seeker

This am I received a email from eBay in my promotions area, It tells me since I'm such a good buyer, I am invited into eBay Concierge 
They offer 5 FREE returns per quarter, just print label thru My eBay
They also offer a special phone number, that when I checked, was under 1 minute wait, or you can leave a call back time when it suits you to have eBay call you
This looks like a better level of CS

However it is YMMV since the promotion was sent with my name on it, and was linked into my account
It was in my promo email area, so check your junk, spam, or not important stuff to see if you are invited

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
i'm a horrible buyer to them, so doubt i'll ever see that

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   i'm a horrible buyer to them, so doubt i'll ever see that
  A huge % of the money I spent on eBay was buying Gift Cards, I'm not much of a customer either, unless there is a coupon or a bucks deal anymore

rated:
I also received the e-mail. Unfortunately, due to issues with items received not being as described/pictured in the listing and the policy to make me pay for return shipping on these items, I have mostly stopped shopping at eBay. Who needs the frustration?

rated:
donrull said:   I also received the e-mail. Unfortunately, due to issues with items received not being as described/pictured in the listing and the policy to make me pay for return shipping on these items, I have mostly stopped shopping at eBay.  Who needs the frustration?
  The 5 FREE returns per quarter should allow you to inspect each item and make sure it is what you ordered
They had a previous Paypal free return offer that expired on 12-31-2016, this one is better

rated:
donrull said:   I also received the e-mail. Unfortunately, due to issues with items received not being as described/pictured in the listing and the policy to make me pay for return shipping on these items, I have mostly stopped shopping at eBay.  Who needs the frustration?
FWIW, I have bought a lot at eBay over the years (many hundreds of purchases), and the only times I encountered SNAD (Significantly Not as Described) items were ones I suspected beforehand might be SNAD. And typically if there *is* an issue, eBay has the seller pay the return shipping. Normally you should only pay the return shipping if you simply decide you don't want it.

rated:
This is 100% not my experience. Twice the seller sent a completely wrong item, like sending a kids you when I ordered a laptop. eBay would not cover the return shipping nor make the seller pay it. The other time was the same poor support from eBay although that time the seller used pictures not taken by them and the item was shown as new, and when I received the item it had been used heavily for years. All three times were so ridiculous I thought I was being punked, but even after a Better Business Bureau complaint eBay just dug in and did the wrong thing. That to me is sticking a big finger at customers and why I only turn to eBay for items I absolutely can't find elsewhere.

rated:
eBay offered it to me 6+ months ago.  It's great when you need some help as you get someone online immediately and will resolve your issues - both buying and selling to your favor!

rated:
Is this a free program? Ir is there a fee?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017