posted 48 years ago by
kchunk

BUSHMASTER XM15 5.56NATO STANDARD PATROLMAN'S CARBINE
Action: Semi-Automatic • Finish: Hard Anodized • Barrel: 16" 1:9" Twist M4 Chrome Lined • Sights: A2 Fixed Front Sight; Removable A3 Carry Handle with Rear Sight • Magazine(s): 1-30rd Magpul PMAG • Stock: 6 Position Collapsible • Weight: 6.7 lbs. • Overall Length: 34.5"

Link 

Strange days continue... Cheap AK's are going up and quality AR's continue to drop!

Link to Bushmaster rebates

$150 Rebate on Bushmaster rifles
$75 Rebate on Bushmaster QRC
With the purchase of select firearms. May 15, - July 30, 2017. All requests must be postmarked by 8/30/17 (Limit 5)

(eta: Bushmaster rebate info/link)

Views
13 Comments
Add Comment
"Strange days"

Not really, considering how the industry drove the market touting Obama fears. Now, a whole lot of people are well armed, and there's a lot of excess capacity with the manufacturers.

Didn't see this coming

skidmark said:   "Strange days"

Not really, considering how the industry drove the market touting Obama fears. Now, a whole lot of people are well armed, and there's a lot of excess capacity with the manufacturers.

Didn't see this coming

I generally agree but doesn't explain why a cheap stamped WASR is now almost $700 (I prefer AK's and Glocks because I am/was pretty abusive to my gun collection).

kchunk said:   
Strange days continue... Cheap AK's are going up and quality AR's continue to drop!

$150 Rebate on Bushmaster rifles
$75 Rebate on Bushmaster QRC
With the purchase of select firearms. May 15, - July 30, 2017. All requests must be postmarked by 8/30/17 (Limit 5)

Yep should have bought AK few years ago as noticed they are going up and they used to be dirt cheap used surplus.  SKS used to literally give aways at $150...

Anyway, Bushnmaster is good about paying rebates!  I submitted 2 for Carbon lite AR 15 rifles from same address and they paid it promptly.  Easier to use online submission,

Does anybody know if this is California legal?

kchunk said:   I generally agree but doesn't explain why a cheap stamped WASR is now almost $700 (I prefer AK's and Glocks because I am/was pretty abusive to my gun collection).

For a first time buyer, this is a great rifle for the money. I purchased a slightly nicer Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced for my first AR platform rifle for twice this price(I started Target shooting with 10/22 and deer rifle bolt actions before getting into battle rifles). This XM15 patrolman carbine rifle offers much more value per dollar at this price point. I have never seen a better deal than this after rebate ever. So if you are in the market for one then I'd advise getting it.

The chrome lined barrel on that AR15 is going to remain accurate for longer than a typical 4140 or even 4150 barrel on an equivalently priced AK47(AKM). When it comes to abuse most tests show these more modern AR-15/M4 platforms hold up to more factors better than the AK47(AKM). The exception being sand of course. AR-15/M4 parts have better modularity: parts can be more freely interchanged between AR-15/M4 rifles rather than the possible machining needed on some AK platform rifles. This is due to more open tolerances on the AK47/AKM platform). The open tolerances on the AK47(AKM) does make them handle sand better though. AK47/AKM's 7.62x39mm is better for making close range kill shots than the AR15/M4 platform's 5.56x45mm. I have many of both platforms and prefer the pricing of quality 7.62x39mm at places like SportsmansGuide when they do promotions. Shooting AKM is still more economical than AR-15/M4. Since AR-15/M4 prefers clean firing(DGI) brass at roughly $350(on average) for 1,000 rounds of XM855 or XM193,  as opposed to the AKM's preferred steel case for $220(from SportsmansGuide ) for 1,000 rounds of quality Barnaul manufactured Wolf WPA or Wolf Military Classic. Both are great platforms and I like them equally. I am a mediocre shot at distance so I prefer the more accurate and more lethal AR-10 (.308, 7.62x51mm) for flat shooting distance shots.

Um yah sure sure..the most important part is they are fun to shoot. I think that was your point

I bought this rifle when it was $700 AR and that was hot, in for another

California Gun Rights
Disclaimer
windingpath said:   Does anybody know if this is California legal?

Not with a 30 round mag and no bullet button it isn't. Republic of Kalifornia(the land without rights) has limited you to 10 rounds per magazine design and a bullet button that makes magazine changes problematic and requires a tool to eject the magazine to load in  more rounds from your tiny 10 round mags. Absolutely fine for hunting but not so great for shooting paper or metal targets in succession. A featureless rifle kit will remove the bullet button requirement.  California required parts below: 
Featureless rifle kit: http://gearyouneed.com/california-featureless-rifle-kit-for-ar15... 
High quality Magpul 10 round magazine: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/765895/magpul-pmag-m3-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-556x45mm 
magnetic bullet button for slightly more ease of use: https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Bullet-Button-and-Mag-Tool-Magnetic-Quick-Release-Tool-Kit-223-5-56-MTOK-/425541501 

You can use those links as a reference to search for better deals on the parts. Those are not the lowest prices most likely. If you would like me to throw you the best deals on those parts I can look them up for you though. Just let me know.

I believe your FFL can put the parts on for you and transfer it to you as a California legal model afterwards. He would have to keep the stock 30 round magazine. I suggest going to a local gun store in Cali to arrange it prior to purchase. He would charge a FFL transfer fee of course but we pay those in gun friendly states too. Expect $20 to $60 for a FFL transfer fee.

Well we know where an invasion will take place. Good luck to them if they land in Texas.

jjmIII said:   I'd rather buy the Ruger.
https://wisearms.com/products/ruger-ar-556-5-56-nato-16-inch-black-30-rd

Which one is truly the better deal here?

The one from from an amazing company, with an amazing warranty, that is $50 cheaper, and has NO rebate to deal with...

Hi, can anyone tell me if either this Bushmaster or the Ruger mentioned in a reply are legal in New Jersey. I'm interested in either, but seeing as how you can't buy a B.B. Gun in NJ without a license I'm betting I'm SOL.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017