posted 2 months ago by
r00st

Home Depot offers the Cree 40-watt Equivalent A19 Dimmable LED Light Bulb in Soft White for $1.59.
Opt for in-store pickup to dodge the $5.99 shipping charge.

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
No more Cree bulbs for me. Of the half dozen I bought they all failed prematurely. Even at this price it's money wasted.

rated:
TellyTubby said:   No more Cree bulbs for me. Of the half dozen I bought they all failed prematurely. Even at this price it's money wasted.
  Have you tried to file a warranty claim?  I suppose the return postage is more than $1.59 though.

USA 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Cree LED Bulb with 4Flow™ Filament Design 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: This product is guaranteed to give 100% performance satisfaction and is covered by a limited warranty. If within 5 years from the date of purchase you are not completely satisfied with the performance of this product, return the product to Cree, Inc. (Consumer Warranty), 4600 Silicon Drive, Durham, NC 27703 USA. Cree will send you a replacement or at Cree's option refund the original purchase price. Cree may require a purchase receipt. For warranty and other questions, please call 1-866-924-3645. REPLACEMENT OR REFUND IS CREE'S SOLE WARRANTY OBLIGATION. INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Effective Date: September 14, 2015

rated:
vadeltachi said:   
TellyTubby said:   No more Cree bulbs for me. Of the half dozen I bought they all failed prematurely. Even at this price it's money wasted.
  Have you tried to file a warranty claim?  I suppose the return postage is more than $1.59 though.

USA 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Cree LED Bulb with 4Flow™ Filament Design 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: This product is guaranteed to give 100% performance satisfaction and is covered by a limited warranty. If within 5 years from the date of purchase you are not completely satisfied with the performance of this product, return the product to Cree, Inc. (Consumer Warranty), 4600 Silicon Drive, Durham, NC 27703 USA. Cree will send you a replacement or at Cree's option refund the original purchase price. Cree may require a purchase receipt. For warranty and other questions, please call 1-866-924-3645. REPLACEMENT OR REFUND IS CREE'S SOLE WARRANTY OBLIGATION. INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Effective Date: September 14, 2015

I've had several of their bulbs fail.  I emailed them asking how to get a replacement, and they just sent me the replacements, didn't require me to return the bulbs.  

rated:
I love the CREE bulbs. Have never had one fail. I always buy bright day light bulbs. They seem brighter and more "daylight" than other brands, regardless of claimed lumens.

rated:
OOS online and in-store...obviously a hot clearance item.

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
vadeltachi said:   
  Have you tried to file a warranty claim?  I suppose the return postage is more than $1.59 though.

I've had several of their bulbs fail.  I emailed them asking how to get a replacement, and they just sent me the replacements, didn't require me to return the bulbs.  

Yeah I had one fail recently. Emailed them with the info from the bulb which included what looked like a MFG date and they are sending a replacement. Didn't need to return the dead bulb or even provide proof of purchase. Just said to recycle the old bulb.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017