posted 3 months ago by
MISTERCHEAP
The Last MOTY

https://www.exxon.com/en/speedpassplus?nlcid= 

For the Speedpass+ Earn Promotion, customers can earn 2,000 PlentiŽ Points worth at least $20 in savings after three (3) qualifying transactions of ten (10) gallons or more each. This promotion will begin May 15, 2017, and end at 11:59 PM EST on August 31, 2017. In order to qualify, customers must complete three (3) outdoor purchases for a minimum of ten (10) gallons of fuel each using the Speedpass+ app. The three (3) qualifying purchases do not have to be consecutive. All fuel grades, including Diesel, are eligible. Qualifying fuel purchases may be made alone or in conjunction with any other purchases, including a combination of fuel and car wash. The qualifying purchases must be made during the promotion period using the Speedpass+ app. The purchases may be made with or without a Plenti card linked to the Speedpass+ app.

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thank you MC!

rated:
It's been on my phone for about two weeks and appears to be generally available to anybody. Good thing about the app is that it supports ApplePay. No need to take any card out of wallet.

rated:
To use speedpass, do we pay the credit card price?

rated:
Would be the price as if you plug the card directly into the dispenser.

rated:
Great deal, though it looks like EM GCs might not qualify for payment (unless one has Apple or Samsung pay?) Just a personal preference of mine to use GCs when paying at the pump.

rated:
Exxon is so overpriced in my area. Drive 10 miles and Exxon's are at least .25/gallon cheaper.

rated:
My car won't take 10 gallons

rated:
nortotron said:   My car won't take 10 gallons
Bring a gas can.  

rated:
Thanks OP. Will check how fast is Apple Pay compared to swiping the card.

rated:
Pump authorizes almost instantly with apple pay

rated:
How do you coordinate using the app with ApplePay? ApplePay only lets you add credit cards, but you have to be using this app to activate the Speedpass functions?

rated:
does the app support fleet payment card that requires odometer reading and pin?

rated:
FatWKing said:   does the app support fleet payment card that requires odometer reading and pin?
  probably not, but why don't you try it out and let us know

rated:
Johnnyma45 said:   How do you coordinate using the app with ApplePay? ApplePay only lets you add credit cards, but you have to be using this app to activate the Speedpass functions?
  Same way ApplePay works within Uber or Grubhub apps.

rated:
This question might have been answered but can I pay 10+ gallons of gas with my plenti points three times and still receive the $20 in points?

rated:
puppyluvr said:   This question might have been answered but can I pay 10+ gallons of gas with my plenti points three times and still receive the $20 in points?
  Yes

rated:
nice sharing. thanks.

rated:
The expiration date on this has been moved out to September 30th. I needed one more transaction and was going to go out on Thursday night but checked the expiration date and was pleasantly surprised. That's the good news. The bad news is that this has to be among the worst apps I've ever used. I guess I was clueless but it took me like a month of trying to login with ny Speedpass info before I realized that I needed to create an entirely new id for Speedpass+. Then, once I finally got it set up, the first time I tried to use it, the app was unable to contact the server so I couldn't use it! When I did manage to get it to work, I found it taking a minute or two to get the transaction authorized, much slower than the Speedpass fob you just touch to the pump and go. I tried to use Samsung Pay on more than one occasion and the transaction was declined (presumably by Bank of America, but they never complain with the Speedpass fob, nor have I had any other Samsung Pay transactions declined).

And then, as if it couldn't get any worse...
GreatB said:   To use speedpass, do we pay the credit card price?

With the old Speedpass fob, you got the cash price when using a credit card, which was a great deal (and made Mobil more competitive in my area). With Speedpass+ you pay the credit card price! I contacted them about this and they responded as follows:

Currently the discount will only apply for fuel purchases made through the Speedpass+ app used in conjunction with an ExxonMobil credit card (Smartcard).

The Speedpass+ app is able to recognize what type of payment method is added, which leads to only ExxonMobil smart cards being part of the discount.

Please be advised that the service stations in the United States are supplied by an ExxonMobil-branded wholesaler, and is either owned by that branded wholesaler or an independent dealer; ExxonMobil no longer owns retail service stations within the United States.

Since stations are privately owned and operated, please note that pricing is decided by the station and is up to them whether they honor cash price instead of credit price.

I plan to delete the app as soon as I get the 2,000 Plenti point bonus.

rated:
Didn't know hat speedpass with credit card gets cash price. Will have to give it a try next time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017