https://www.walmart.com/ip/Louisville-Ladder-AE3240-40-Aluminum-...

• This Louisville 40' aluminum extension ladder has a 250 lb load capacity, rated ANSI Type I
  • This ladder includes the patented QuickLatch RungLock system that provides a simple, intuitive method of securing the fly and base sections of the ladder when extended
  • This ladder also features outside slide guides, D-shape rungs fully serrated for a slip-resistant surface, mar-resistant rail end caps, rope and pulley, modified I-beam for a more stable connection and to prevent twisting, and swivel safety shoes to be used as tread down or in spike position
  • The Louisville AE3240 aluminum extension ladder meets or exceeds the safety standards set by ANSI, CSA, and OSHA

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Wow! I could have used this back when I was strong (and young) enough to easily move it... 80lbs. Awesome deal!

rated:
$95 for shipping kills the deal. "Free pickup at store" option comes up as "not available" when you try to check out.

rated:
DIYers working atop a 40-foot ladder has to be a product liability lawyer's wet dream.

rated:
A 40' type I. Great workout!

rated:
I'm getting vertigo just looking at it

rated:
No, no! This ladder is not for toting around and using as shown (and certainly not without stabilizers). You buy one with your neighbor and each take a 21-ft half. Much more usable, under $90, and all in a single unit -- no annoying extension to fiddle with.

And driving from WM with this thing strapped to your vehicle could make you famous.

rated:
Can anyone get to checkout with this? It looks like it will ship to my local store but I get an error when I start to checkout.

rated:
Checkout error... ???

rated:
bobwilley said:   Checkout error... ???
Like I said above, you need to have it shipped to your home...at a cost of $95. That kills the deal.

However, as a poster above mentioned: How do you plan to drive it home, even if you could get pickup at your store? That ladder is more than 20 ft long. The cops may have something to say about that.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   However, as a poster above mentioned: How do you plan to drive it home, even if you could get pickup at your store? That ladder is more than 20 ft long. The cops may have something to say about that.Rent / borrow a Chevy Suburban / Ford Expedition EL, put it on the roof, and utilize all 18.5' of it's length = only 1' overhang front and back.

rated:
In for one.

rated:
the highest i went on a ladder is a 30ft'er from Home Depot. i used it to cut down branches from my old palm tree. that was scary enough that i cut down the trees few months later.

i can't imagine going up a 40 ft'er or moving the heavy ladder from place to place

As for the deal, i think it is green even with the $100 shipping. if you can use the ladder on a regular basis, the price can't be beat.

rated:
A fully extended 40' Type I ladder is going to have some scary flex.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017