https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_pg_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3...

Amazon has lots of digital comics for free and I got an email saying that my order of Avengers: Heroes Welcome #1  (Free) entitled me to one of the paid graphic novels. I picked up the Infinity Gauntlet.

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Careful when loading up on the freebies.  When you sort them by "lowest price first" you transition from $0.0 to $0.80 to $0.99 without noticing at first because the cents are in a much smaller font.  Easy to miss when using one click check-out.  Ask me how I know.

rated:
GatorJ said:   Careful when loading up on the freebies.  When you sort them by "lowest price first" you transition from $0.0 to $0.80 to $0.99 without noticing at first because the cents are in a much smaller font.  Easy to miss when using one click check-out.  Ask me how I know.
  QFT. I almost missed it myself.

rated:
Now for $3, I miss?

rated:
Yes ,when sorted by price low to high, there are many books for free or at very low price.

rated:
Nice find, and a good tip about it jumping from $0.00 to $0.80, I almost done the same thing. But there are a couple of nice graphic novels for $1 I picked up.

rated:
JohnLaw3742 said:   
Amazon has lots of digital comics for free and I got an email saying that my order of Avengers: Heroes Welcome #1  (Free) entitled me to one of the paid graphic novels. I picked up the Infinity Gauntlet.

This is frankly the best part...I got the same offer and also redeemed for Infinity Gauntlet

rated:
Spend the 80¢ and get Thanos Quest. I consider it required reading if you are going to read the Infinity Gauntlet

rated:
Personally I prefer Comixology. The comics are probably a little more expensive, though they had some of the same freebies (they are owned by Amazon now). But I really like the reading interface, which smoothly moves from panel to panel. 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   Personally I prefer Comixology. The comics are probably a little more expensive, though they had some of the same freebies (they are owned by Amazon now). But I really like the reading interface, which smoothly moves from panel to panel. 
   All the books I 'bought' on Amazon look to also be available in my Comixology account so best of both worlds.

rated:
JohnLaw3742 said:   
Virgil27 said:   Personally I prefer Comixology. The comics are probably a little more expensive, though they had some of the same freebies (they are owned by Amazon now). But I really like the reading interface, which smoothly moves from panel to panel. 
   All the books I 'bought' on Amazon look to also be available in my Comixology account so best of both worlds.

Nice! I thought these were only in Kindle format, but maybe since Amazon acquired Comixology, the formats are interchangeable? 

rated:
Slider said:   
JohnLaw3742 said:   
Amazon has lots of digital comics for free and I got an email saying that my order of Avengers: Heroes Welcome #1  (Free) entitled me to one of the paid graphic novels. I picked up the Infinity Gauntlet.

This is frankly the best part...I got the same offer and also redeemed for Infinity Gauntlet

Dumb question, but how did you redeem the free book? I received the same email, but when I go to purchase a comic, my only options are "buy now with 1 click". 

Have never used a promo with digital content before, and with others I was always able to see the cart first.

Any help appreciated.

rated:
tbuccelli said:   
Slider said:   
JohnLaw3742 said:   

Dumb question, but how did you redeem the free book? I received the same email, but when I go to purchase a comic, my only options are "buy now with 1 click". 

Have never used a promo with digital content before, and with others I was always able to see the cart first.

Any help appreciated.

I received the same offer and have the same question on applying the promotional credit toward the purchase. I looked up my balance (link below) and it's zero. Perhaps the way it works is that Amazon is going to refund me the price of the book I purchased? Whoever has completed the promotional purchase, please confirm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661&linkCod...

rated:
Thanks grabbed a bunch of them and now I have to reinstall comixology on my kindle - so I can read them.

rated:
FatMulanNo1 said:   
tbuccelli said:   
Slider said:   
JohnLaw3742 said:   

Any help appreciated.

I received the same offer and have the same question on applying the promotional credit toward the purchase. I looked up my balance (link below) and it's zero. Perhaps the way it works is that Amazon is going to refund me the price of the book I purchased? Whoever has completed the promotional purchase, please confirm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661&linkCode=as1&tag=fatwalletcom&ascsubtag=ebs2d647362d1d1496765941393sbe#gc

I only noticed the promo free one after I bought some cheap books.  Turns out I got it from the first purchase and it was automatically used on my second purchase.  If you did buy some books after the one that gave you the offer, you should see the credit taken off in the email from the order.  Sadly, the second book I bought was only .80

rated:
I clicked on the link from the email to get to the selection of free ones. I picked up Hickman's Secret Wars and it was automatically credited, even though it said buy with 1 click

rated:
Larryslug said:   I clicked on the link from the email to get to the selection of free ones. I picked up Hickman's Secret Wars and it was automatically credited, even though it said buy with 1 click
  Confirmed.  I just redeemed my offer the same way.

rated:
Any recommendation on what free book is the best bang for the buck or story?

rated:
CPAESQ said:   Any recommendation on what free book is the best bang for the buck or story?
Just looking over the lowest-priced books, here would be my recommendations:

You really can't go wrong with The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 

Wolverine by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont is pretty good - this is the first solo wolverine  mini-series, and used for the basis of the second wolverine  movie.  

It's controversial but I like Thor Vol 1: Goddess of Thunder. Yes, Thor is now a woman. Yes, it's explained - and actually pretty awesome.   

And if you're excited about the Dark Tower movie, you might try the graphic novel by Peter David and Jae Lee.

Definitely check out Astonishing X-Men Vol 1. It's apparently free - and written by Joss Whedon of "Buffy" and "Firefly" fame. It's one of my favorite X-Men reads. 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
CPAESQ said:   Any recommendation on what free book is the best bang for the buck or story?
Just looking over the lowest-priced books, here would be my recommendations:

You really can't go wrong with The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 

Wolverine by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont is pretty good - this is the first solo wolverine  mini-series, and used for the basis of the second wolverine  movie.  

It's controversial but I like Thor Vol 1: Goddess of Thunder. Yes, Thor is now a woman. Yes, it's explained - and actually pretty awesome.   

And if you're excited about the Dark Tower movie, you might try the graphic novel by Peter David and Jae Lee.

Definitely check out Astonishing X-Men Vol 1. It's apparently free - and written by Joss Whedon of "Buffy" and "Firefly" fame. It's one of my favorite X-Men reads. 

Thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017