posted 2 months ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

DirecTV Now 1-Month Trial  - FREE

Free via code "ROKU1MONTH"
Expiration: August 31

New subscribers can try out a DIRECTV NOW 1-Month Trial for free via the coupon code above. (The service typically only offers a 7-day trial.) Works for any plan, go big! Try the 120-channel "Gotta Have It" option, which normally costs $70/month, to get the most out of the trial.

Note: Make sure to cancel your subscription before the trial period ends to avoid being billed if you don't wish to continue the service.

35 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Worked for me! Thanks, OP!

rated:
Nice!! Thx OP

rated:
Funny its got roku on the deal but there isn't anything like a free roku, where as sling tv will give you a free roku for one months subscription.

Anyways.. been using direct tv now as I took advantage of its free apple TV 4th gen promo for 3 months, it has worked great but this fall we will be moving to sling TV for Red Zone.

rated:
I was thinking it was only for Roku users. I finally cut the cord with this. I also discovered a lot more out there if you really look. Streaming 2 DTVN, one Pluto TV, and some local news. Making the most out of the new DSL deal.

rated:
Can you cancel it immediately and still get the full month? I always forget to cancel these in time.

rated:
zoid99 said:   Can you cancel it immediately and still get the full month? I always forget to cancel these in time.

"Once canceled you can access DIRECTV NOW through the remaining monthly period.". 

rated:
​​​​​​​Note that this offer is for Roku users ONLY. the OP should really put that in the title.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   ​​​​​​​Note that this offer is for Roku users ONLY. the OP should really put that in the title.
  Where does it say Roku user only? I have Amazon Fire TV and would like to take this advance.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   ​​​​​​​Note that this offer is for Roku users ONLY. the OP should really put that in the title.
  How is it for Roku only?  I can stream to a web browser using the login.  I can't test the stream on my FireTV due to the the app crashing on startup.   

rated:
Also note, when you click through to signup it says "7 FREE days of DIRECTV NOW are moments away. But first, let’s create your account.' On the page before it says 'USE PROMO CODE ROKU1MONTH TO START YOUR 1 MONTH FREE TRIAL'.

So keep your eyes open when your are signing up as to what you are actually getting....

P.S. I signed up for DirecTVnow with their original startup offer and am impressed with the service. I've only had a few shows lag or have other problems. For the most part it has been great, which is unusual for a new service.

rated:
phdo said:   
  Where does it say Roku user only? I have Amazon Fire TV and would like to take this advance.

In the Terms and Conditions.

As far as I can tell, you need to sign up using your Roku. Otherwise, you only get the 7 day trial.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
phdo said:   
  Where does it say Roku user only? I have Amazon Fire TV and would like to take this advance.

In the Terms and Conditions.

As far as I can tell, you need to sign up using your Roku. Otherwise, you only get the 7 day trial.

I signed up on my Mac then I cancelled.  I got the full month and it expires on July 2nd.  I have not touched a Roku and I can stream all of the channels in my browser.

rated:
They also offer free 1 month trial with free Amazon fire stick. Wondering if it can be stacked with this promotion.

rated:
any cricket channels here? For the current Champions Trophy?

rated:
Is this commercial free or full of commercials?

rated:
I believe that FIrestick promo ends on June 30th. The current gen firstick may be a bit underpowered, I have no problem with FTV2.

Good to hear you can get this one month without Roku. Here are the supported models (my Roku 2xs 3100 is out)
Select your player for detailed setup instructions.

For best DIRECTV NOW viewing experience, we recommend:

Roku Streaming Stick (model: 3600)
Roku 4 (model: 4400)
Premiere (model: 4620)
Premiere+ (model: 4630)
Ultra (model: 4640)
Also compatible with DIRECTV NOW:

Roku 2 & 3 (models: 4210, 4200 & 4230)
Roku 4K TV (model: 6000)
Roku Express (model: 3700)
Roku Express+ (model: 3710)
If your Roku player is not listed above, consider one of the compatible devices.
https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000637383

rated:
phdo said:   They also offer free 1 month trial with free Amazon fire stick. Wondering if it can be stacked with this promotion.
I don't think so
DIRECTV said: When you prepay 1 month of DIRECTV NOW, our new live-streaming TV app

rated:
Where do they list what channels it comes with?

rated:
Tried the trial and you do need to pay $10 on taxes, so not completely free. Used the code ROKU1MONTH and got the month trial. Went forward either way for $10. No roku needed just signed up on browser and playing ok.

rated:

Plans (37.21kB)
Disclaimer
After signing up you'll get the options 60+,80+,100+ and 120+. I subscribed to 120+

rated:
dang, you can find just about anything with a good search. Channel line up comparison. 
https://www.cnet.com/news/youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv-vs-directv-now-...

and yes there are commercials, some channels are worse than others but I mostly swap audio between two streams to avoid the noise. 

rated:
collin2008 said:   Tried the trial and you do need to pay $10 on taxes, so not completely free. Used the code ROKU1MONTH and got the month trial. Went forward either way for $10. No roku needed just signed up on browser and playing ok.
  I paid nothing.    Maybe a state thing?

rated:
collin2008 said:   After signing up you'll get the options 60+,80+,100+ and 120+. I subscribed to 120+
  Same here, also get HBO, Cinemax and Starz too.  It will be free for one month.
Cancel before end of month.
If you decide to keep DTVN, HBO for $5 is a good deal.

rated:
zoid99 said:   
collin2008 said:   Tried the trial and you do need to pay $10 on taxes, so not completely free. Used the code ROKU1MONTH and got the month trial. Went forward either way for $10. No roku needed just signed up on browser and playing ok.

Which State has no tax?

rated:
hmmm, free roku express with one month of sling still alive. I also just noticed a lot of apps are now working.

Here are the apps it already had access to with DIRECTV NOW login: -Remember: If you have AT&T Wireless and do not want DIRECTV NOW streaming to count against your data cap (if you have one) you will need to use the DIRECTV NOW app. Using apps such as WatchESPN or BTN2GO (Big 10 Network) will count against any data usage.Access to these apps often gives you access to even more on-demand content than you get from DIRECTV NOW. This makes these apps very popular with many cord cutters.See more at: http://cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-adds-support-bbc-america-... 

rated:
NO SALES TAX:
Delaware is one, Montana, New Hamster, and, Oregon are the three others, plus Alaska..sort of partially.

rated:
It isn't a sales tax it is a streaming tax. Something some municipalities have enacted because they used to get a certain amount of revenue from cable TV monopolies and cord cutters are hurting that.

As far as I know they're a city by city basis.

rated:
Stubtify said:   It isn't a sales tax it is a streaming tax. Something some municipalities have enacted because they used to get a certain amount of revenue from cable TV monopolies and cord cutters are hurting that.

As far as I know they're a city by city basis.

City officials across the country think they are running businesses now rather than acting as our representatives.

rated:
ubuntu88 said:   
zoid99 said:   

Which State has no tax?

California has no tax on streaming or Internet services. I have Hulu now and pay no sales tax.

rated:
I signed up for the trial yesterday, and no Calif tax .

Not too happy about commercial overload still with these streamed channels though. Any Discovery company related channel is the worst offender .

rated:
I signed up and got the free month. However, how do you watch it on Roku? I can't find the DIRECTV NOW channel in Roku...

rated:
I have a Roku 2. It will not work on that model. You have to have a newer one I have a Roku Express that I was able to download it onto.

rated:
Can I use this to reactivate my old HR10-250 along with my Roku 2 to get the lifetime sub on the Tivo reactivated . The hard drive died several years ago while using it as an OTA tuner/recorder.

rated:
no HD DVR box will work on this, streaming only. Only possibility is to DVR with Playon but that's not free and barely HD. Here are the supported apps that work now. http://cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-adds-support-bbc-america-... I want travel and velocity channel.

rated:
po90260 said:   Is this commercial free or full of commercials?
   This is  live tv.

Does not stack with a trial, says so.
DirectvNow stopping to constantly buffer,? you can access the hidden menu for Roku on the home screen to set the max bandwidth allowed:
Press Home five times, RW three times, FF twice.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017