Not sure how long it will last, but I just grabbed 5 gallons for $30.  Order / Pay online and pick up in store.

http://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-and-transmission-fluid/engine-oil/shell-rotella-t5-synthetic-blend-sae-10w-30-2-5-gal-/736598_0_0 

If you have problems with link not working, search part #550045132

great for OPE & bikes...

Rebate 

21 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
For those of you who don't know their oil brands, Rotella is intended for Diesel vehicles.

rated:
60 dollars for me

rated:
nm went to advance lol.

rated:
Great deal!
Only gallon containers by me and on sale for $15 until 6/27

rated:
barbeque said:   For those of you who don't know their oil brands, Rotella is intended for Diesel vehicles.
  May I use it in gas engine? Thank you!

rated:
rotella has a 5 dollars per gallon rebate online so 2.5 dollars for 2.5 gallons!!!!! Up to 100 dollars!

rated:
GreatB said:   
barbeque said:   For those of you who don't know their oil brands, Rotella is intended for Diesel vehicles.
  May I use it in gas engine? Thank you!

There is debate about that.  While I don't think it will cause problems with the engine itself, I've read that that Rotella will foul the catalytic converter and therefore cause an engine code to get asserted.  I think Shell has said that using this oil causes too many pollutants for gas cars in the US.  Neither of these things should happen if your car does not leak or burn any oil, but as a car ages this is inevitable.   There are those who have used it without issue, but I wouldn't risk it for a few dollars savings.  It usually isn't a good idea to go against the manufacturer recommendations.

rated:
This is a great deal! Just picked up 5 gal in store for my Ford 6.0. Rang up correctly after I talked to the guy at the register despite shelf tag showing original price.

rated:
I live in a farming area and farmers like to use the same oil on their vehicles as they do in their equipment.  Rotella is a good choice for both applications.  Added benefit it is a really good oil for lawn equipment.

I was able to get 3, 2.5-gallon jugs.  I have a 50-mile drive to get it but for that price and a rebate, it is crazy not to.

rated:
Great deal gets even better with the rebate --- 12.50 rebate on 2.5 gallon jug = $2.50 + tax !!!

Congratulations to all that get the deal and rebate --- I live in RI, the only state that the rebate is not valid.

Link to rebate 

rated:
In years past there was always a question about Wal-Mart not being included in the participating retailer list. I see they are included this year. Even when they weren't on the list in previous years I always got my rebate. They have the best price by far around here.

I use this oil in my Diesel tractor and VW - great oil with a great price - the T6 5W-30 is perfect.

Thanks for the reminder OP!

rated:
I saw this at a Saturn forum. It doesn't show up as valid at my local AutoZone, in northern Virginia.

I've used Rotella in gasoline engines with no ill effect. The American Petroleum Institute (API) ratings are S-something for spark-ignition (gasoline) engines and C-something for compression-ignition (Diesel) engines. Since nothing shows up when I click the link, I can't say what the API ratings are on this type of Rotella. I know there are several variations of Rotella. It's less common for a motor oil to get ratings for both types of engines than for spark-ignition alone.

Thanks.

rated:
mahatmakanejeeves said:   I can't say what the API ratings are on this type of Rotella.
Rotella T5 Synthetic Blend is rated SM (as well CJ-4).

rated:
Awesome deal. Picked up 3  jugs.. Submitted rebate. see what happens. Will be $2.50 after rebate if they infact go through.
Thanks OP

rated:
dead for me

rated:
We used to have shell rotella with meatballs on Sundays.

rated:
Rotella is a high zinc additive oil. Bad for catalytic converters, but good for classic cars which use petrol (and have no cat). Always used it on my Classic 60's car.

rated:
This oil is great for the old school motors like the I6 4.0 flat tappet engines in the jeep Cherokees and they love the high zinc content.

rated:
DocTodd said:   dead for me
  I had to change AutoZone stores around me to find a store that had stock. It ended up having 7 on hand @ fifteen bucks but only purchased 3 for a buddy.

rated:
counseior3 said:   Awesome deal. Picked up 3  jugs.. Submitted rebate. see what happens. Will be $2.50 after rebate if they infact go through.
Thanks OP

Did the same and don't see any verbiage as to why rebate wouldn't fly. Good luck to all of us.

rated:
Just received my rebate via snail mail. Shows purchased 6/6, submitted 6/13 check issued 6/14 and I received 6/17. Shocked how quickly it showed up. Has to be a major record. The problem is I purchased three 2.5 gal jugs and my rebate was for $15. Have a feeling rebate was per container whether gallon or jug even though it says gallon. Unfortunately now getting a 404 on rebate details so can't see T&C. Oh well, better than a kick in the junk.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017