posted 19 days ago by
wtjc
Senior Member - 1K

Kobalt 4" wet/dry segmented circular saw blade  normally $16.98  now as low as $4.24 some stores -  from there it varies to full price  

Kobalt 10-in Wet or Dry Segmented Circular Saw Blade  normally $63  now as low as $17.49  YMMV

Kobalt 7-in Wet or Dry Segmented Circular Saw Blade    normally $39.98  now as low as $9.99   YMMV

Kobalt 7-in 1-Tooth Wet or Dry Continuous Diamond-Tipped Steel Circular Saw Blade  normally $24.98  now as low as $5.99

Kobalt 4-in 1-Tooth Wet or Dry Continuous Diamond-Tipped Steel Circular Saw Blade  normally $16.98  now as low as $4.24

Skil 7-in Wet or Dry Turbo Diamond Circular Saw Blade   50% off in all stores that have it in stock   normally 14.99
     Use drop down arrow to see prices for 4" and 4 1/2" blades   -   all 1/2 off

Skil 4-in Wet or Dry Continuous Diamond Circular Saw Blade    50% off
      Continuous rim diamond blade usually works best when you need chip cutting in ceramic, slate and marble cutting

Here's another 14" blade normally $149 now $37.25
DEWALT 14-in 19-Tooth Wet or Dry Segmented Diamond Circular Saw Blade 

Price samples were taken only from CA.  YMMV between states and stores

Before ordering any blades know what you need/want it for -  tile, stone, cinder block, concrete, granite, etc.  Not all blades work equally well in cutting different materials.  Best article on what type of blade to use  Here

Note:  Make sure to use all the discounts available to you:  Ebates, CC rebates, Lowes 10% off, 15 off 50 and $20 off $100 coupons ($50 off $250 no longer available.  If you have ever been in the military (with honorable discharge (length of service doesn't matter) you can apply for MyLowes account and get 10% off (every time automatically) for you, wife, friends, etc both online and in store (easy sign up).  There is another post on forum were you can buy $150 gift card for $135.00.  

Any questions?  Ask, if I can't answer I'm sure someone else can.

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Where are you getting the 10% off coupons?

rated:
What's the benefit of a segmented blade, vs a continuous one? Does it just cut quicker due to faster debris removal?

I would think that it's a more dangerous option if there's a chance of hitting rebar in the concrete. The blade could catch and shatter, or pull the saw out of your hands. Cutting into a corner would probably be more difficult as well.
There must be a significant benefit though, or the price difference wouldn't be worth it.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   What's the benefit of a segmented blade, vs a continuous one? Does it just cut quicker due to faster debris removal?

I would think that it's a more dangerous option if there's a chance of hitting rebar in the concrete. The blade could catch and shatter, or pull the saw out of your hands. Cutting into a corner would probably be more difficult as well.
There must be a significant benefit though, or the price difference wouldn't be worth it.

The continuous rim cuts the slowest of any of the different styles of diamond saw blades, but as a tradeoff it produces the best cut.  Typically, the continuous rim is used for cutting marble, granite, porcelain tile, and ceramic tile.

The Segmented Rim blade gives the roughest and fastest cut and is used for concrete, brick, concrete pavers, masonry/block, hard/reinforced concrete, and limestone. This blade is usually referred to as a dry cutting blade.
More info here:  Here   and   Here

rated:
Thanks for discount info.

rated:
It gets better.
Lowes has the Dewalt version of the 7-in turbo blade for $3.74 at my store. It's not just Kobalt that's on a major sale.

However the bad news: Most of these do not seem to be available for online order. You have to pick them up. When you attempt that, the checkout process tells you that pickup is unavailable.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   It gets better.
Lowes has the Dewalt version of the 7-in turbo blade for $3.74 at my store. It's not just Kobalt that's on a major sale.

However the bad news: Most of these do not seem to be available for online order. You have to pick them up. When you attempt that, the checkout process tells you that pickup is unavailable.

Exactly what blade are you referring to?   I find that most of the DeWalt Turbo blades are about 75% off.  These blades though are Aluminum-Oxide or carbide and many  come in 5 packs   example: DEWALT 5-Pack 7-in Dry Turbo High-Performance Aluminum Oxide Circular Saw Blade   comes out to about 59 cents per blade before discounts.  I am able to order both of these online (Aluminum Oxide and Carbide)  These blades make nice cuts but do tend to wear out faster and cut slower (probably more dust too)  Someone correct me if i"m wrong.  Still researching and learning.

rated:
the dewalt blades appear to be for cutting metal.

rated:
Here's a 7-in Dewalt concrete blade that's coming up at 50 % discount. (I used the Poway, CA store):

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-7-in-Wet-or-Dry-Segmented-Diamon...

Prices seem to change for every store. The blade was $3.74 at a store in TN yesterday, and now it's back to full price there.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017