posted 2 months ago by
NoMoneyInMyWallet
Star of The Week

Offer will only appear on accounts that earn Membership Rewards.

Must register card
 for offer at www.americanexpress.com  (don't know if there is a twitter or facebook option) 

Looks like gift cards qualify.

DETAILS

Enroll your eligible American Express® Card and get 2,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $50 cumulatively using your enrolled Card at Amazon.com by 12/31/17.

OFFER TERMS

ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: By enrolling and making an eligible purchase, you consent to American Express sharing with Amazon the fact that you redeemed this Amex Offer. Amazon’s use of this information will be subject to Amazon’s privacy policies and practices. Enrollment is limited. Enrollment opens on 06/01/2017 and continues until 12/31/2017. Must add offer to Card and use the same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. Offer is non-transferable. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to your Card account (such as Additional Cards). ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid only for purchases made at Amazon.com and via the US Amazon mobile app using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 12/31/17. Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases. Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com. To the extent Membership Rewards points are used toward purchases, such purchases do not qualify for this offer. Offer not valid for Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive. See Amazon.com for shipping policy. Amazon may not ship to all areas. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: Limit of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after charges appear on your billing statement, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B3CY POID: CGT6:0001

28 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
What are 2000 points worth?

edit: nevermind, amex points. i thought points on Amazon, didnt read

rated:
FYI - Amazon gift card reloads have been reported to qualify.

rated:
Had this on 1 of 2 MR Amex cards. Received Offer Used email after reloading $50 to my account.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   FYI - Amazon gift card reloads have been reported to qualify.

all gift cards do EXCEPT  Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases. Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com. To the<br>extent Membership Rewards points are used toward purchases, such purchases do not qualify for this offer. Offer not valid for Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.  

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   FYI - Amazon gift card reloads have been reported to qualify.
all gift cards do EXCEPT ... 

Which I said in the OP.   "Looks like gift cards qualify."

I was simply clarifying that reloads also qualify.

rated:
Any way to provide a direct link? OP linked to the main AMEX page and a search doesn't turn up this offer.

rated:
Not on any of my three cards.

rated:
bugsie said:   Any way to provide a direct link? OP linked to the main AMEX page and a search doesn't turn up this offer.
Log into your MR earning AMEX CC account and look under your Offers tab.  If it's not there, then you don't have it.

rated:
I believe you can convert these points over to Plenti points for an even exchange, and sometimes there are bonus offers where you can get more value out of them (last year, for example, they had a promotion that lasted several months where you could get 50% more back when converting to Plenti points). That's more useful for some than others, for me I can use them at Rite Aid and Macy's (there aren't any other partner places near me where I can use them), which is OK but not places I shop particularly often and even something as low as $20 will take a while for me to burn through. If you live in a place that has Exxon and/or Winn-Dixie, they're far more useful.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
bugsie said:   Any way to provide a direct link? OP linked to the main AMEX page and a search doesn't turn up this offer.
Log into your MR earning AMEX CC account and look under your Offers tab.  If it's not there, then you don't have it.

As I have no idea what an MR earning AMEX account is nor how to create or login I'm guessing it's a no then. Thanks for the fast reply!

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
all gift cards do EXCEPT ... 

Which I said in the OP.   "Looks like gift cards qualify."

I was simply clarifying that reloads also qualify.

geez, don't be so touchy. no harm in mentioning it again.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   geez, don't be so touchy. no harm in mentioning it again.
Get OFF my lawn!  

P.S.  Not being touchy at all ... just busting on you.

rated:
bugsie said:   As I have no idea what an MR earning AMEX account is nor how to create or login I'm guessing it's a no then. Thanks for the fast reply!
MR = Membership Rewards.

Membership Rewards cards

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

I have an AMEX Gold Business card.  Had it for over 20 years.  Whenever I check the "Offers" tab all I see are a bunch of overpriced merchants that I have never used.  I've never gotten any "offers" for any merchants or products I do use, like Amazon.  I don't know how AMEX decides what cards get what offers.

rated:
Anyone know how long the points take to post? Or will points post if the card is closed? I don't want to keep the card that had this offer open more than another 2 weeks. Just did a $50 reload and got the congrats email.

rated:
WOW ... first time in over a year I got a decent offer. Got it on 2 cards, both what used to be called "Optima Platinum" and replaced by some clear card called "Amex Everyday.".

rated:
Not under my offers.

rated:
0/2 on Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Sky.

rated:
ablang said:   0/2 on Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Sky
They are Cash Rewards cards,  not Membership Rewards cards.  

rated:
Received it on my AMEX Everyday Card. For the uninitiated 2000 MR points are worth $20, right?

rated:
I checked today. There's no offer, on my Blue Cash American Express card.

rated:
No offer on my Amex Platinum.

rated:
pitflyer said:   Received it on my AMEX Everyday Card. For the uninitiated 2000 MR points are worth $20, right?
  Minimum of $20. Most people value MR around 1.5-1.6c. However, if you have the Amex Business Platinum, they are worth 2c for airfare through a 50% rebate (that is no longer available to new AmexBusPlat cardholders).

rated:
acefuture said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

I have an AMEX Gold Business card.  Had it for over 20 years.  Whenever I check the "Offers" tab all I see are a bunch of overpriced merchants that I have never used.  I've never gotten any "offers" for any merchants or products I do use, like Amazon.  I don't know how AMEX decides what cards get what offers.

A better question is, who shops at those overpriced gyp joints?   I didn't get the offer either.

rated:
Did anyone whose card was already linked to an Amazon account get this offer?

rated:
Points posted today. 2 days total. Awesome.

rated:
bobley said:   Did anyone whose card was already linked to an Amazon account get this offer?
  My AMEX card with MR is linked to my Amazon acct., and I DID get the offer.

rated:
Just used this Amex offer to reload Amazon gift card balance. Had $110 for $100 reload offer from Amazon. Thanks, OP.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017