posted 16 days ago by
nowyouknow

Walmart and Amazon have Sta-Bil Fuel Stabilizer on sale for $3.97 and if you head here and enter in your name and email a new page will pop-up that shows the rebate. It's up to $10 and is only valid once per household for one product. It doesn't expire until 12/31/18 so you have a little bit of time.

Walmart Link

Amazon Link (keeps going to an error page but was loading correctly earlier)

​​​​​​​Rebate Link​​​​​​​

18 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Amazon has been having issues all afternoon.

rated:

rated:
max out the rebate, 32 oz. for $8.88 link

rated:
Nice find, especially the $8.88 size.

BTW does anyone know if this does anything about the ethanol in the gas? I've been told by several professional landscapers that it is the ethanol in regular gas that kills small gas engines.

rated:
Their low-end red stuff is purely a fuel stabilizer. It works in ethanol-blended fuels, but doesn't have anything specifically to address issues caused by ethanol.

Their Sta-Bil 360 (regular and marine) are specifically intended to inhibit moisture corrosion caused by ethanol.

If you look at their website, you'll see that they carefully craft their product descriptions to avoid stating this. If you are in doubt, call their support line and ask to speak to a technician; they will confirm.

rated:
I have a PHEV car that uses very little gas. 1 tank probably lasts 4+ months... Is it a good idea to add this product into the gas tank?

rated:
mmyk72 said:   I have a PHEV car that uses very little gas. 1 tank probably lasts 4+ months... Is it a good idea to add this product into the gas tank?
like the product says,
STA-BIL Storage: Keeps gasoline fresh for up to 12 months, eliminating the need to drain your tank during storage seasons.

there is another product for ethanol treatment, if you are worried about that..

rated:
Is it a rebate or a cool rides gift certificate that you're getting?

rated:
I use this stuff every year for my lawnmower before storing it away, I just picked some up a few weeks ago but it was a really small bottle, so I think I"ll use this deal to get some more.

rated:
I just submitted the form and printed out the rebate form. I hope it works then!

rated:
Amazon has the Sta-bil 360 Marine 32oz for $21 or $18 subscribe-and-save, plus a $6 coupon off. Brings down to $12 after coupon and subscribe and save,  or $2 if the mail-in-rebate works.

Note coupon "may not be combinable with mail-in rebates",
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CAW2DK/

rated:
They've been putting ethanol in gas for quite a while now. Why can't they make a lawnmower that doesn't require a stabilizer? It ticks me off I have to buy this stuff all the time to add to my gas. But, it's a way of life if I don't want to be taking my carburator off every few months and cleaning in.

Thanks op, I really appreciate the savings.

EDIT:  Now that I have the rebate, I don't have to confirm my email to recieve emails from Gold Eagle, do I?  I don't need any more spammy stuff.

rated:
Thanks to the OP for the savings on Stabil. I use stabil and ethanol free gas in all my small engines; lawnmower, snow blower, trimer, power washer etc. you can find stations near you that carry ethanol free gas at https://www.pure-gas.org/

rated:
Nice find.

Sta-bil Marine is pricey so deals are appreciated.

rated:
johnm4 said:   Amazon has the Sta-bil 360 Marine 32oz for $21 or $18 subscribe-and-save, plus a $6 coupon off. Brings down to $12 after coupon and subscribe and save,  or $2 if the mail-in-rebate works.

Note coupon "may not be combinable with mail-in rebates",
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CAW2DK/

The marine version is supposed to be better than the regular 

rated:
I called the rebate line to ask if the Amazon $6 coupon would invalidate the rebate. I was told that they don't accept Amazon as a retailer. I found it hard to believe and the rep was not very well spoken, so I asked to speak to a manager to confirm. They took my name and number and I never heard back.

Edit: I called them back and spoke to a manager. They do not accept purchases from Amazon or eBay for this promotion.

rated:
mdirrific said:   Thanks to the OP for the savings on Stabil. I use stabil and ethanol free gas in all my small engines; lawnmower, snow blower, trimer, power washer etc. you can find stations near you that carry ethanol free gas at https://www.pure-gas.org/
  Exactly my routine as well.

rated:
I use this in my generator cause you never really know how long that may sit between uses. If I haven't used my generator in a few months I siphon the gas into the gas container I use for the yard tools and put fresh in the generator.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017