Amazon has Energizer 2032BP-4 3 Volt Lithium Coin Battery - Retail Packaging (Pack of 4) on sale for $2.18 after clip extra $0.5 off coupon and check out via Subscribe & Save.
https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-2032BP-4-Volt-Lithium-Battery/d...

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Good deal. I got these for $3.99 from Amazon approx a week ago, so almost half the price. You do have to go through the "subscribe and save" hassle though.

OP: Your picture shows a 2-pack, but this deal is for a 4-pack.

rated:
Available on eBay - daily - same roughly $.50 each, and cheaper, if you don't care about brand names
No need to go thru contortions about regular deliveries, blah blah
LINK

rated:
Appelski said:   Available on eBay - daily - same roughly $.50 each, and cheaper, if you don't care about brand names
No need to go thru contortions about regular deliveries, blah blah
LINK

On batteries, you really should care about brand names. Anyone can make a piece of aluminum that looks like a battery, and stamp a logo into them. The cheap Chinese knockoffs simply don't perform anywhere near as well as the real thing.

I'd be wary of buying batteries from eBay. They're most likely counterfeit.

rated:
I must be enormously lucky, thus far all the "fake"
Name brand batteries I've bought have worked, for 5 to 7 years, and flawlessly.

The world, and humanity, both flawed,
but not everyone is out to do you in.
That way lies madness.

rated:
Appelski said:   I must be enormously lucky, thus far all the "fake"

That way lies madness.

Not everyone is out to do you in, but the number of people out to rob you blind is unusually concentrated on eBay and third-party Amazon merchants. You don't need 5 billion unethical people, just a few thousand.
I've personally had plenty of run-ins with them before I saw the light. Most new "name brand" stuff being sold for way below retail on eBay is factory rejects, damaged goods, or outright counterfeits.
The good stuff gets sold in reputable stores, for full price.
Do you really think that merchants are willing to lose money just to give you a good deal on eBay? They're unloading the stuff for cheap because it can't be sold at retail!

Just because you were lucky so far doesn't mean everyone will be. Your line of reasoning is called a small sample fallacy.

rated:
Appelski said:   I must be enormously lucky, thus far all the "fake"

That way lies madness.

They almost always work, but are often cheaply made with less runtime (ie., like half filled) than the authentic name brand version.  More like knockoff batteries than really 'fake'.  I'm the battery guy in the house and have bought a number of different coin cells for watches and misc. over the years.  Only way to really tell if it's real for most people is to use them, and when your watch needs a replacement battery every year instead of every 3 years, you know.  Had it happen a few times, but can't usually tell from the packaging up front.  Even the sellers can get ripped off sometimes too, so can't always go just by that either.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   ...
I've personally had plenty of run-ins with them before I saw the light. Most new "name brand" stuff being sold for way below retail on eBay is factory rejects, damaged goods, or outright counterfeits.
Do you really think that merchants are willing to lose money just to give you a good deal on eBay? They're unloading the stuff for cheap because it can't be sold at retail!

Just because you were lucky so far doesn't mean everyone will be. Your line of reasoning is called a small sample fallacy.

While your line of reasoning looks to be simple paranoia. People will sell where ever they can to make a buck and not everyone has access to a storefront. Saying they only sell on eBay because the product can't be sold retail is just a ridiculous assumption. Half the reason they can sell below retail is that they don't have that storefront and all the overhead that goes with it. The majority of professional sellers on eBay are selling authentic, undamaged items from my experience. I'm not saying a decent bit of selling of knockoffs, factory rejects, and expired products doesn't happen.  Just it's not everywhere and can be avoid in large part by looking for experienced sellers that specialize and sell lots of batteries regularly, rather than whatever they happen to get their hands on this month.

rated:
Danzilla said:   
canoeguy1 said:   ...

While your line of reasoning looks to be simple paranoia. People will sell where ever they can to make a buck and not everyone has access to a storefront. Saying they only sell on eBay because the product can't be sold retail is just a ridiculous assumption. Half the reason they can sell below retail is that they don't have that storefront and all the overhead that goes with it. The majority of professional sellers on eBay are selling authentic, undamaged items from my experience. I'm not saying a decent bit of selling of knockoffs, factory rejects, and expired products doesn't happen.  Just it's not everywhere and can be avoid in large part by looking for experienced sellers that specialize and sell lots of batteries regularly, rather than whatever they happen to get their hands on this month.

Sorry, but anyone who can get their hands on large quantities of new, reputable name-brand items (ie Energizer, Duracell) is NOT a small seller without a storefront. They get those items at a discount for a reason. Companies like Energizer don't want their retailers undercut on price, and they want to maximize profit. Why would they sell high-quality merchandise at a major discount to some little eBay seller, when they could triple their profit by selling it to Home Depot? The only reason they would do that is to get rid of stuff that they can't sell at retail without damaging their reputation.

This isn't paranoia, it's just common sense. The eBay scammers thrive on people like you.

eBay is a good place to buy many things. New, name-brand items are NOT among them, though.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017