posted 18 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Lifetime Tamarack 120 Angler Kayak, Olive Green
$215.43
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-Tamarack-120-Angler-Kayak-Olive-Green/55604992

The Lifetime Tamarack 120 Angler Kayak is a "sit-on-top" kayak that has a comfortable padded seat backrest for your long paddling and fishing adventures. Designed for extreme safety and stability, the Tamarack Angler has a stable flat bottom with deep tracking channels and stability chine rails. The kayak is constructed of blow-molded high-density polyethylene (HDPE) making it durable, UV-protected, and impact resistant. The 52 pound design and front and rear carry handles make it easy to transport to and from the waterfront. With fishing rod holders, shock cord straps, multiple footrest positions, and two storage hatches, this kayak has plenty of "extras" to enhance your paddling and fishing experience. 

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
52 lbs seems a bit on the heavy side for a one-person kayak, especially if you're car-topping this by yourself. On the other hand, reviews are very positive, and the consensus is it's very stable in the water. That counts a lot when you're concentrating on fishing vs. kayaking. I almost wish I hadn't sprung for my (38 lbs) 10' Sun Dolphin Aruba. Green for the post and the green kayak!

rated:
dont buy sitontop kayak.

rated:
microkelvin said:   dont buy sitontop kayak.

Elaborate?  Or are you just prejudiced against kayaks?

rated:
All I own is SOT kayaks and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them in my area (BHM, AL)--I currently own four. Every kayak has it's preferred place to use and there is no perfect kayak. 52 pounds for a 12 foot SOT is reasonable as my 10 foot WS Tarpons weigh 55 pounds (they are an upgrade to this one--more and better hatches, etc and thus, more weight).

At this price point, this is a good deal if someone is interested in exploring kayaking. You can always sell it later and not lose too much money--better than renting!

BigIsland

rated:
OOS

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017