Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
MrsGuin
Wacky Member

rated:
FAKESPOT GRADE F
Our analysis detected 100.0% low quality reviews

rated:
blueribb said:   FAKESPOT GRADE F
Our analysis detected 100.0% low quality reviews

  they look yummy.

how can one fake silion?

rated:
I have them and I can say they works really well for baking. If you're baking under 500F then these are perfect in terms of reduce waste (Parchment paper), less oil and less clean up.

rated:
Some6uy008 said:   I have them and I can say they works really well for baking. If you're baking under 500F then these are perfect in terms of reduce waste (Parchment paper), less oil and less clean up.
  Do you have this same brand, though? My wife uses the Silpat brand and swears by it. I will attest to it being very easy to clean up. This price is certainly tempting, but can anyone vouch for the manufacturer?

rated:
From what I can see, the brand is Bagail (never heard of) and I agree Silipat is awesome...but most true silicone baking mats work the same...it's the knock off like "Copper Mat" that say they work the same that usually suck.  I want to order just cuz of all the different sizes, and the initial pricepoint make sense at 40 bucks, but will be a hassle if they suck

rated:
wow, all pictures taken in the reviews I think are all in the same kitchen and written around the same time, CCC shows this price is not special

rated:
never use silicone baking mat, does it good?

rated:
ooh..unavailable to buy

rated:
Bobthyferret said:   
Some6uy008 said:   I have them and I can say they works really well for baking. If you're baking under 500F then these are perfect in terms of reduce waste (Parchment paper), less oil and less clean up.
  Do you have this same brand, though? My wife uses the Silpat brand and swears by it. I will attest to it being very easy to clean up. This price is certainly tempting, but can anyone vouch for the manufacturer?

They mostly work the same. Just Silicone rubber with something like woven fiberglass core for added strength.  IMO unless you're baking like all the time, no one really needs more than a couple of these (so a set of 4 would be a waste, unless you give a couple away).  I've been using the same 2 for almost a decade now (and I usually only need one).

rated:
microkelvin said:   
blueribb said:   FAKESPOT GRADE F
Our analysis detected 100.0% low quality reviews

  they look yummy.

how can one fake silion?

  One fakes silion with cheap silicone or non-food grade silicone with either with no or inferior fiber reinforcement  - then one creates a cheap brand and flogs the silion on Amazon with fake reviews.

FWIW - costco had a name brand 4 piece set around Christmas-time for about $14.99.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017