E3 Video game badges!

+21
Deal Score
Ebates: Shop. Save. Get Cash Back.
posted 48 years ago by
Neilium
All Is Well

We have 7 new badges that can be earned during the week of E3 (June 12th to the 16th)
There are lots of great sales going on to go along with the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Insert Quarter
Post a video game deal during E3 week.

Power Up
Post a video game deal during E3 week which receives a green.

Level Up
Post a video game deal during E3 week which receives 5 green.

Extra Life
Post a video game deal during E3 week which receives 10 green.

A New Player Has Entered
Your video game post during E3 week receives a comment.

Zerg Rush
Your video game post during E3 week receives three comments.

LEEROY JENKINS!!!
Your video game post during E3 week receives six comments.

Views
18 Comments
Add Comment
Shouldn't that be zergLING rush?

If you like video games check out contest we have going this week for E3
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1571707?

Leeroy Jenkins, I wonder if that guy (Ben Shultz) ever lived down that name.
Though the rumor was it was staged for laughs and turned into a worldwide meme.

There needs to be stinking badges, just saying.

Thanks Nelium, I was wondering when there would be new badges, and with so many people playing games, this is perfect.

leroy jenkins, huh? ^_^

Thanks!!

Thanks for the info. Love those badges....

Thanks

Thanks for the new badges. Need more. My husband is addicted to earning badges. 

I earned all 7 badges. Thanks, FatWallet!

If anyone wants a list of all the games and their trailers from this year's E3, we got 'em right here: https://www.fatwallet.com/blog/e3-2017-updates-announcements

Thanks for the list of games, especially with trailers! I've never heard of the E3 until now, but I'm excited to learn more- especially since both of my boys have birthdays right around the corner

This is the last day to earn the video game badges, so start posting if you want them!

Virgil27 said:   This is the last day to earn the video game badges, so start posting if you want them!

If June 19th is the last day, then why does the OP say "We have 7 new badges that can be earned during the week of E3 (June 12th to the 16th)?"

It would really help to have clearer criteria/terms provided for these badges. That would, for example, prevent people from wasting time trying to earn badges that are expired or not even bother trying because they incorrectly think that badges are already expired. Also, with badges like these E3 week badges where you not only have to post a deal but it must also get green or a certain number of replies, it would help to know both the posting deadline and the deadline by which green/replies must be given (even if they are the same, that should be stated explicitly). TY.

fivetalents said:   
Virgil27 said:   This is the last day to earn the video game badges, so start posting if you want them!
 If June 19th is the last day, then why does the OP say "We have 7 new badges that can be earned during the week of E3 (June 12th to the 16th)?"

It would really help to have clearer criteria/terms provided for these badges. That would, for example, prevent people from wasting time trying to earn badges that are expired or not even bother trying because they incorrectly think that badges are already expired. Also, with badges like these E3 week badges where you not only have to post a deal but it must also get green or a certain number of replies, it would help to know both the posting deadline and the deadline by which green/replies must be given (even if they are the same, that should be stated explicitly). TY.

Sorry about that. It appears there was some miscommunication. This was intended to coincide with the RetroN contest which just ended today. Regardless, if you posted a video game deal and did not receive a badge, let us know and we'll make sure you get it. 

I tried.  I thought saving $25 off almost any $40+ console game  would have been a sure fire LEEROY JENKINS winner, but no one liked my post.

Btw, Neilium should get a LEEROY JENKINS because this post got six comments and it is technically about video games.

Virgil27 said:   
fivetalents said:   

Sorry about that. It appears there was some miscommunication. This was intended to coincide with the RetroN contest which just ended today. Regardless, if you posted a video game deal and did not receive a badge, let us know and we'll make sure you get it. 

Thank you for the response! I scrambled to received all of these badges by Friday because I thought that was the deadline, so I have them all. I know some other members thought they only had until the 16th to earn these badges as well. However, my comment was about the way badges are announced/explained and labeled in general. It's often too ambiguous. I've often thought you guys should use a badge naming template like the guidelines you provide for posting hot deals to ensure that the info provided will always be consistent and clear. Like some badge names include deadline dates with year, just month and day, or no deadline at all. I love the opportunities to earn badges... I just wish that certain things about getting some of them are needlessly frustrating.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017