For a limited time, add $20 or more to your online Amaz0n Balance with "Amaz0n Cash" at your participating local B&M store, and earn a $10 Amaz0n Credit towards your next qualifying online purchase from Amaz0n

This is much better than the previous deal because you only need to load $20 (not $50), and the $10 credit can be used towards merchandise (not just digital items).

1. Get a dedicated/permanent account bar code here: www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=16955883011 
2. Go to a local participating store and have them scan your bar code (show mobile phone or print out)
3. Give cashier $20 in cash or use a credit card to add $20 to your online Amaz0n gift card balance (must be completed by 11:59 pm PT on July 31, 2017)
4. Receive a $10 Amaz0n account credit good towards products sold by Amaz0n (discount automatically applied at checkout, expires on August 31, 2017)

Participating stores include Cumberland Farms, C V S Pharmacy, D&W Fresh Market, Family Care Supermarkets, Fred's Pharmacy, GameSt0p, KwikTrip, Sheetz, Speedway, and VG's Grocery

=====================================================================================

• Amaz0n Cash transaction must occur between 12:01 am (PT) on June 12, 2017 and 11:59 pm (PT) July 31, 2017.
  • Offer only applies to products sold by Amaz0n.com (look for "sold by Amaz0n.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amaz0n entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amaz0n.com" or "Prime Eligible".
  • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account.
  • The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 off products sold by Amaz0n.
  • You will receive an e-mail from Amaz0n that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.
  • Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017.
  • Amaz0n reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
  • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
  • Unless an Amaz0n Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amaz0n Gift Cards.

63 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: GROCERY & DRUGSTORE, HOT DEALS. — Jun. 29, 2017 @ 3:05am
rated:
Can you load funds via CVS self-checkout?

rated:
S197 said:   Can you load funds via CVS self-checkout?
 I don't know (didn't even know they had that, LOL), but if you can scan a barcode, I don't see why it shouldn't. If you can't scan barcodes at self-checkout, then a cashier must scan it.

In other news... I just got back from doing this, and you can pay with a credit card so you don't have to use cash. I'll update the OP shortly. I paid with a Citi Double Cash card so I'll get an additional 2% back. So, this reusable barcode could be a great way to max out various quarterly 5% drug store, grocery, and gas station offers as long as you buy stuff on Ama zon that doesn't need various credit card protections like extended warranties or price matching.

rated:
Wonder if CVS GC works as well

rated:
I love Amazon, but their payment / promo is just annoyingly confusing. Different "currencies" with Amazon Cash, gift card, coins + all sorts of promotional credits (digital items, sold-by-Amazon items, prime shipping credits, buy-this-and-get-credit-for-next-same-item-purchase credits). Not to mention all those credits have expiration dates but you can't find out when...

rated:
idlezork said:   I love Amazon, but their payment / promo is just annoyingly confusing. Different "currencies" with Amazon Cash, gift card, coins + all sorts of promotional credits (digital items, sold-by-Amazon items, prime shipping credits, buy-this-and-get-credit-for-next-same-item-purchase credits). Not to mention all those credits have expiration dates but you can't find out when...
 I totally agree, including digital credits that do not work on all digital items (e.g., works on music but not video, work on ebooks but not if sold by wrong publishers). You've no idea how many times I edited the OP after researching trying to figure exactly what "Amaz0n Cash" even means and how to explain this promo clearly (it is just your GC balance BTW, aka your account balance).

I didn't jump on the previous 'load $50 get a $10 digital credit offer,' but felt that this 50% off offer was too good to pass up since I could use the $10 credit on anything sold by Amaz0n, not just digital items. That there is practically a C-V-S on every street corner makes it a really convenient B&M deal for most as well. Another convenience is that if you use Subscribe & Save you don't even have to find something sold by Amaz0n to buy, the credit will automatically apply when your items ship since that's when they charge your selected payment method (caveat: a small percentage of S&S items sold by 3rd parties would not qualify).

rated:
FWMemberninja89 said:   Looks great, how much is it if i buy 5?
 "One per Amazon customer account."

rated:
Off topic question, but are you allowed to purchase third party gift cards on Amazon and pay with your banked Amazon gift card balance. It has let me the couple times I have done it for small dollar amount gift cards (about $25). Buying the gift card raised my total purchase to over $35 and thus I got free economy shipping. I just don't want to do anything that could get me banned later on. You would think if they didn't want you to do that they would not let the order be placed in the first place.

Green to the OP for this great deal.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Off topic question, but are you allowed to purchase third party gift cards on Amazon and pay with your banked Amazon gift card balance. It has let me the couple times I have done it for small dollar amount gift cards (about $25). Buying the gift card raised my total purchase to over $35 and thus I got free economy shipping. I just don't want to do anything that could get me banned later on. You would think if they didn't want you to do that they would not let the order be placed in the first place.
I never had any issues. Whatever I buy (including 3rd party GCs) my payment automatically defaults to my Amzon balance.
I recently purchased discounted GCs like Panera Bread with my balance.

rated:
holy poop. Never thought I'd see a deal evolving D&W on here (local grocery store w/ prices that would prevent a FW from shopping there)

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
MrVietnam said:   Off topic question, but are you allowed to purchase third party gift cards on Amazon and pay with your banked Amazon gift card balance. It has let me the couple times I have done it for small dollar amount gift cards (about $25). Buying the gift card raised my total purchase to over $35 and thus I got free economy shipping. I just don't want to do anything that could get me banned later on. You would think if they didn't want you to do that they would not let the order be placed in the first place.
I never had any issues. Whatever I buy (including 3rd party GCs) my payment automatically defaults to my Amzon balance.
I recently purchased discounted GCs like Panera Bread with my balance.

Yes, I know it lets you, but I was just wondering if they allow it? I have a large banked Amazon balance and this would be a good way to get rid of it and put it into safer gift cards from third party retailers, but  I wonder if I have Amazon's blessing by doing it or if it is just some loophole I am exploiting.

rated:
idlezork said:   I love Amazon, but their payment / promo is just annoyingly confusing. Different "currencies" with Amazon Cash, gift card, coins + all sorts of promotional credits (digital items, sold-by-Amazon items, prime shipping credits, buy-this-and-get-credit-for-next-same-item-purchase credits). Not to mention all those credits have expiration dates but you can't find out when...
  That is why we rely on the good people of Fatwallet.  Great help throughout the years.

rated:
In the rules it states "Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017." So if I add $20 and get the promotional $10 credit and spend $10 before Aug 31st how can I apply only the promotional credit and not the money I added from my CC?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Yes, I know it lets you, but I was just wondering if they allow it? I have a large banked Amazon balance and this would be a good way to get rid of it and put it into safer gift cards from third party retailers, but  I wonder if I have Amazon 's blessing by doing it or if it is just some loophole I am exploiting.

Amazon used to disallow using gift card balances to buy third party gift cards until recently.  Given that someone at Amazon had to manually change this, I'd say you have their blessing.  Amazon is losing money on this regardless of whether you buy a gift card or a shipped item.   I just used my $30 for a Safeway gift card.

rated:
withnoe said:   In the rules it states "Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017." So if I add $20 and get the promotional $10 credit and spend $10 before Aug 31st how can I apply only the promotional credit and not the money I added from my CC?
  Promotional credits get the highest priority on the payment page.   I think any order sold by Amazon over $10 should be fine.

rated:
fivetalents said:   
S197 said:   Can you load funds via CVS self-checkout?
 I don't know (didn't even know they had that, LOL), but if you can scan a barcode, I don't see why it shouldn't. If you can't scan barcodes at self-checkout, then a cashier must scan it.

In other news... I just got back from doing this, and you can pay with a credit card so you don't have to use cash. I'll update the OP shortly. I paid with a Citi Double Cash card so I'll get an additional 2% back. So, this reusable barcode could be a great way to max out various quarterly 5% drug store, grocery, and gas station offers as long as you buy stuff on Ama zon that doesn't need various credit card protections like extended warranties or price matching.

Yup you can scan barcodes.  I will try and report back.  That's great to hear about being able to use CC's.  I didn't really get why this would be useful to anyone other than those who maybe don't have a credit card, but this makes it a lot more interesting. 

rated:
Thanks, this was really easy. Cashier didn't know what I was talking about so I just told them to scan my barcode and then told them $20. I paid cash because I had it, I got the promotional credit and confirmation before I got to my car. Great deal.

rated:
Confirming you can use this at CVS self-checkout. Just scan your barcode and it asks how much you want to load. You're not able to use gift card to pay but you can use a credit card. Promotional credit received right away.

rated:
S197 said:   Confirming you can use this at CVS self-checkout. Just scan your barcode and it asks how much you want to load. You're not able to use gift card to pay but you can use a credit card. Promotional credit received right away.
 Cool. Thanks for reporting back. I could have saved 15 minutes waiting in line behind one customer who felt so bad thqt she had the cashier stop midway through whatever she needed that was taking so long to let me cash out.

rated:
S197 said:   Confirming you can use this at CVS self-checkout. Just scan your barcode and it asks how much you want to load. You're not able to use gift card to pay but you can use a credit card. Promotional credit received right away.
  awesome; thanks!
is the promo credit a code they email you or something tied to the account the barcode was scanned from? thanks,

rated:
matthewk said:   
  awesome; thanks!
is the promo credit a code they email you or something tied to the account the barcode was scanned from? thanks,

There is no code for the $10 credit. It is immediately applied to your account and is only visible in your cart if you have items sold by Amaz0n. So, yes, the credit is automatically linked to your account/bar code (side note: your bar code is your permanent account bar code/never changes). As soon as you load your $20, you get an email confirmation as follows:

"Subject: Your $10 Amaz0n Promo Credit    

Amaz0n Cash Promotion: Your $10 Amaz0n Credit

As a thank you for adding $20 or more to your Amaz0n Balance with Amz0n Cash, a $10 promo credit has been applied to your account. The $10 credit will be displayed at checkout to your next qualifying purchase of items shipped from and sold by Amaz0n. com. Your credit expires on August 31, 2017. Visit amazon.com/amazoncashpromo for terms and conditions.

Offer limited to one per Amaz0n account. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2017. Your Amaz0n credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August 31, 2017. Amaz0n credit only applies to products shipped and sold by Amaz0n. com (look for "sold by Amaz0n. com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amaz0n. com" or "Prime Eligible".

When you use your Amaz0n Cash barcode at a participating retailer, you are purchasing an Amaz0n. com gift card in the amount you select and automatically claiming it to your Amaz0n Balance. Please see our Terms and Conditions. Learn more about purchasing or using gift cards and promotion codes on Amaz0n in Help. If you need further assistance, please visit Customer Service. Thanks for shopping on Amaz0n. " 

ETA: you also receive a separate confirmation email from Amaz0n for the $20 gift card purchase.

rated:
Some may be wondering why you would want to pay a store money so you can spend that money at Amazon. This is Amazon's way to service the 7% of American households who are unbanked.

rated:
  did your credit card earn 5% on the transaction?

rated:
after a cashier scans the bar code and takes the $20, I don't get anything physically from the store. Is that correct? what about a receipt?

rated:
fatfatfatfatnow said:   after a cashier scans the bar code and takes the $20, I don't get anything physically from the store. Is that correct? what about a receipt?

Yes, you should get a paper receipt before leaving the store. You'll also get two confirmation emails from Amaz0n (probably before you get back to your car): a confirmation/receipt email for the $20 addition to your GC balance and a confirmation/receipt email for your $10 account credit good for items sold by Amaz0n.

rated:
crabbing said:   
  did your credit card earn 5% on the transaction?

Sorry I didn't use a 5% card as I'm trying to hit a signup bonus.  If there is a way to see how the transaction is coded, I can try and look it up. Honestly, since the Amazon Prime Card already gives you 5%, seems like a wash.  As another poster indicated, I think this is targeted at the unbanked. 

rated:
fivetalents said:   
fatfatfatfatnow said:   after a cashier scans the bar code and takes the $20, I don't get anything physically from the store. Is that correct? what about a receipt?
 Yes, you should get a paper receipt before leaving the store. You'll also get two confirmation emails from Amaz0n (probably before you get back to your car): a confirmation/receipt email for the $20 addition to your GC balance and a confirmation/receipt email for your $10 account credit good for items sold by Amaz0n.

Thank you.

rated:
As S197 reported you can use self checkout. If you didn't print out the Amazon barcode and have it on your phone, then the bar code probably wouldn't work on the glass flatbed scanner but there should be a second smaller "handheld" mounted scanner connected to each terminal that can read barcodes on a phone. That scanner is normally use to scan CVS cards barcodes on smartphones.

Amazon should sent you immediate confirmation before the receipt is even printed.

rated:
Worked for me!

Thanx OP

rated:
Why is Amazon spelled with a zero instead of an o in a lot of these posts?

just curious. 

rated:
With an o, FW auto-links it in blue, which a lot of people don't like.
Same deal misspelling other websites.

rated:
Thanks OP
I had already planned to buy something anyway. This made it so at least I get $10 to spend later as opposed to nothing.

Green for you.

rated:
fivetalents said:   
 Cool. Thanks for reporting back. I could have saved 15 minutes waiting in line behind one customer who felt so bad thqt she had the cashier stop midway through whatever she needed that was taking so long to let me cash out.

That's unusual.  Not at CVS, but, in general, I'm the one that leaves my stuff and walks out.  At Aldi, I used to walk in and look at the lines before even getting what I want, to decide if I am even going to buy anything or just leave, since there are no 'express lines', and I don't even go into Trader Joes anymore, since the lines are so long they block off all the aisles, block off the produce section, and upon entering, you are sometimes greeted by someone holding a sign informing you that you are already at the end of the lines.

rated:
psycaz said:   Why is Amazon spelled with a zero instead of an o in a lot of these posts?

just curious. 

Thanks for providing us with the link.

rated:
Promotion states "add $20 or more to your Amazon Balance with Amazon Cash and earn a $10 Amazon Credit", but my barcode page states "Have the cashier scan your barcode to add between $15 - $500."

rated:
cows123 said:   
fivetalents said:   

That's unusual.  Not at CVS, but, in general, I'm the one that leaves my stuff and walks out.  At Aldi, I used to walk in and look at the lines before even getting what I want, to decide if I am even going to buy anything or just leave, since there are no 'express lines', and I don't even go into Trader Joes anymore, since the lines are so long they block off all the aisles, block off the produce section, and upon entering, you are sometimes greeted by someone holding a sign informing you that you are already at the end of the lines.

At my Aldi the lines are very fluid. I can walk in with no line and by the time I'm done shopping there could be 10 people trying to check out, or vice versa. They will, however, open more checkout lines if they have people working who are not on break.

rated:
cows123 said:   
fivetalents said:   

That's unusual.  Not at CVS, but, in general, I'm the one that leaves my stuff and walks out.  At Aldi, I used to walk in and look at the lines before even getting what I want, to decide if I am even going to buy anything or just leave, since there are no 'express lines', and I don't even go into Trader Joes anymore, since the lines are so long they block off all the aisles, block off the produce section, and upon entering, you are sometimes greeted by someone holding a sign informing you that you are already at the end of the lines.

Normally I wouldn't wait that long but I was testing this deal for FW since there were so many unanswered questions for the previous deal (the things I do for you people!). Since I could surf the web on my mobile, it wasn't that bad. I've 3 Trader Joe's near me and, while they're all always very busy, the checkout lines are never more than 3 or 4 deep and they have a number of open registers to keep things moving. You should ask when their slower hours are and shop during those times instead.

rated:
cows123 said:   Promotion states "add $20 or more to your Amazon Balance with Amazon Cash and earn a $10 Amazon Credit", but my barcode page states "Have the cashier scan your barcode to add between $15 - $500."
 Both are true. The barcode is a permanent identifier for your account (it doesn't change no matter how many times you generate one). You can add money to your Amaz0n GC at participating B&Ms whenever you want as long as the amount added is between  $15 and $500. To get the word out and familiarize people with this new service they're offering this current promo which gives you a $10 bonus for adding exactly $20.

rated:
Grablife said:   Some may be wondering why you would want to pay a store money so you can spend that money at Amazon. This is Amazon 's way to service the 7% of American households who are unbanked.
  Amazon gift card used to do that trick. But a lot of B&M stores stopped carrying Amazon GC due to Amazon competing with them. So Amazon is resorting to this tactic.

Excludes CVS Pharmacy locations within Target stores.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017