posted 3 months ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html

Here is from the FAQ:Bring your eligible phone to Sprint and get FREE Unlimited data, talk and text for one year. There’s no annual contract and you can keep your phone, number, accessories, photos, apps and music. It’s really that simple.You’ll get Sprint’s fully-featured Unlimited including: 

• Unlimited data, talk and text
  • HD streaming: 

• Video at speeds up to 1080p 
    • Music at up to 1.5mbps 
    • Gaming streams at up to 8mbps 
    • Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion. 

• 10GB of high-speed data per line to use toward mobile hotspot, VPN and Peer-2-Peer usage. Once your 10GB is used up:

• Continue at up to 2G speeds (32 Kbps) on our network for no additional cost, or
    • Purchase more on-network high-speed data for $15/1GB to tide you over for the rest of your bill cycle

This introductory pricing:

• Free service for 1 year for new customers who switch to Sprint and sign up on sprint.com/1yearfree between 6/9/17 and 6/30/17. Save until 7/31/18.

• You'll save more than $900 (compared to Verizon’s one-line unlimited rate plan) in the first year
    • Switch your whole family and save even more!
    • A standard $1.99 admin fee, $0.40 regulatory fee and other taxes and fees apply
    • Your $30 activation fee is waived as part of this promotion. The fee will appear on your first bill and a credit will appear within 2 bills.

• Requires a Sprint SIM card, eBill and Sprint AutoPay ($5/mo./line discount applied within two invoices)

• If AutoPay is cancelled, you’ll pay $5/mo./line
    • If AutoPay and eBill are removed, a $7.99/mo. charge will apply for Account Spending Limit customers

• Your Spending Limit is the monthly maximum amount of spending per phone on your account based on your credit decision
      • For accounts with multiple phones, the total spending limit is calculated as the number of phones on the account multiplied by the spending limit per phone

• You must own the phone(s) you're bringing to Sprint.
  • After 7/31/18, pay:

• Line 1: $60/mo.
    • Line 2: $40/mo.
    • Lines 3-5: $30/mo/line
    • Pricing shown with AutoPay. Add $5/mo./line without AutoPay

141 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Sep. 21, 2017 @ 7:42am
rated:
Pretty amazing deal if you have good Sprint coverage. It's almost like Ringplus returns and you wonder if the outcome will be the same.

rated:
so can you get this if you are on ting or h2o?

rated:
You have to goto the link and enter your info in and it will tell you if you are eligible.

rated:
I have Sprint .. and wondering if i can switch to verizon (prepaid perhaps) and back to Sprint to get this and use existing phones.

or maybe transfer a bunch of prepaid verizon lines and then figure out a way to port my existing numbers 

rated:
According to the FAQ:
What phones are eligible?
Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 5S (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 6
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Apple iPhone 6S
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone SE
Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only)
Google Nexus 5X
Google Nexus 6
Google Nexus 6P
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
Motorola E4
Motorola Z2 Play
Motorola G4
Motorola G4 Play
Motorola G4 Plus
Motorola G5 Plus
Motorola X Pure Edition
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

rated:
Tried 3 phones on Tello right now:
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Google Nexus 6
Motorola G5 Plus

all gave the following:Phone(s) not compatibleIt doesn’t look like your phone(s) will work on our network, but we still have great deals online to help you save. Head to our store and begin saving.Phone 1Ineligible, this phone does not qualify for this offer 

rated:
OP - Green, green, green for you!!! Many thanks!!!

rated:
Wow.

So if you're with Sprint and have a line with any other provider can you port your Sprint line out, then sign up and port back in?

rated:
Looks like Karl landed at Sprint

rated:
initial post is wrong... with their promotion lines 3-5 are free. so $90 month would get you 5 lines of unlimited data (before taxes and whatnot)

It's really only cheaper than verizon if you have 3, 4, or 5 lines on a family plan.

rated:
good Luck !

rated:
robstahl21, that's not correct. 5 lines would be $190 after 1 year.

rated:
Who cares what it costs after 1 year? No contract means you just reassess then. 1 year ago cell plans were VERY different than they are today. 1 year from now who knows.

rated:
FYI - I have a line for my mom on Sprint, but my own is on Verizon.  So, go this message once entered info for credit check

Not eligible for this promotion

The 1 Year Free Unlimited promotion is only available to new customers bringing their own compatible phone and current phone number to Sprint. Call 1-866-782-8777 for details on eligibility.

rated:
I just switched FROM Sprint because they hand you the world to join but do nothing for you after you're on the hook.
That being said - this is a great deal.

rated:
I challenge anyone to get an accurate quote on "taxes and fees" for this offer.  I tried for 10 minutes with chat yesterday and was directed to a screen that was as ambiguous as Sprint has ever been.

I don't think that outrageous taxes and fees are unique to Sprint, but this was one of the many reasons I quit them after 10 years.  My guess here is that there will be about $10/month in fees (the $1.99 and the $0.40 that they publish are just the beginning), which is still a good offer if the service is good in your area.

rated:
As a general rule, you can add about 18% in taxes and fees.  The most common answer to the question, how much is taxes and fee is, "it depends and we won't know until you're signed up and received the first bill."  For some reason, the screens that the CS have access to does not show the "bill" just the plan cost.

rated:
jimmax said:   Tried 3 phones on Tello right now:
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Google Nexus 6
Motorola G5 Plus

all gave the following:Phone(s) not compatibleIt doesn’t look like your phone(s) will work on our network, but we still have great deals online to help you save. Head to our store and begin saving.Phone 1Ineligible, this phone does not qualify for this offer

iPhone 6 on Straight Talk gave the same result. I read somewhere that you have to transfer from a post-paid carrier.

rated:
and life long headache (at least if you are in Bay Area)

rated:
mistadeal said:   
jimmax said:   Tried 3 phones on Tello right now:
Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Google Nexus 6
Motorola G5 Plus

iPhone 6 on Straight Talk gave the same result. I read somewhere that you have to transfer from a post-paid carrier.

Paid off Verizon 5s - worked for me

rated:
three Sprint phones currently on Ting, all ineligible.

rated:
Moto G4 with Republic Wireless - Eligible!

rated:
f2000sa said:   three Sprint phones currently on Ting, all ineligible.

If you have used an otherwise qualified device that has been used on an MVNO in the past then the MEID apparently has to be manually released/removed from their list for the order to go through. Apparently this isnt something Sprint people can do, (or at least not the ones you'd be dealing with), they have to file a ticket and wait.

Based on discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/6h6r71/direct_phone_number_to_customer_service/

rated:
can you go to a store to get in on this deal? website is charging $10 to overnight the sim card

rated:
Sounds pretty amazing for us ex-Ringplus folks (I'm on Tello now). But I get the "Device Ineligible" error.

Do I have this right ... I have to PM the guy on Reddit that starcastic listed above to get my Boost iPhone MEID listed on Sprint, then I should be able to do it?

Or do I have to sign up for a Big 3 post-paid carrier first, then switch over?

Or am I just hosed due to FED or some other tomfoolery?

rated:
I have a Nexus 6P that is eligible. Once I get the SIM card, will it work in other devices or does Sprint lock their SIMs to the device?
As a phone enthusiast one of the reasons I like GSM is to be able to move my SIM to another device whenever I want; I hated having to do ESN swaps on CDMA.
Now that Sprint and Verizon have moved in that direction technology wise do they still require you to do ESN swaps?

What bands does Sprint use?

rated:
Thanks...there is always a catch....nothing is as simple as it  should be.

rated:
Sprint still needs the MEID and doesn't automatically update it if you swap SIMs. They are the last US carrier to still need MEID changes to be manually made in their system.

In NY-metro they are primarily bands 2 and 25, though supposedly they use some of their others but I've only detected other bands once or twice.

rated:
Hardly free with all the numerous taxes.fees.midc charges.....this and that ...fed.state.county ..tdd for deaf..911 fees.access fees..dim charge..it's never-ending..

rated:
Does anyone know if you can port out of Sprint and then back in (under a new account and SSN) to get this deal? Or is there a waiting period once you port out before you're eligible for promos?

rated:
is this only for verizon or tmobile as well

rated:
It will work with T-Mobile post-paid, but there are fewer eligible phones from T-Mobile on the list.

rated:
AlwaysWrite said:   Sounds pretty amazing for us ex-Ringplus folks (I'm on Tello now). But I get the "Device Ineligible" error.

Do I have this right ... I have to PM the guy on Reddit that starcastic listed above to get my Boost iPhone MEID listed on Sprint, then I should be able to do it?

Or do I have to sign up for a Big 3 post-paid carrier first, then switch over?

Or am I just hosed due to FED or some other tomfoolery?

I'm not saying you have to talk to that guy, just that to be able to use your device on Sprint you have to have your ID # released from the MVNO and added back to Sprints list IF you have previously used your device on an MVNO.

That guy happens to work for Ting and thus was able to release a previous Ting customers MEID back to Sprint, that doesnt mean he can or should do it for everyone but the point is that it has to be done by SOMEONE in order to activate your device.

rated:
Anyone else having trouble signing up for this? I have two phones, one on T-Mobile and the other on Straight Talk, that I want to port over. I keep getting different results on whether the phone/line is eligible or not. Sometimes phone A is ineligible and sometimes phone B is but if I refresh the page and re-enter it, I can get both to show up as eligible. I can't get through the whole sign up process though because the credit check step says they can't verify my credit and to go into a store.

rated:
The fine print also says a port in is required from a post paid carrier. So for example, it accepted my Google Voice number -- but apparently that check is only to make sure its not a Sprint number. But if I actually tried to port that number it may not be eligible and then you're out the $13 for the SIM along with the wasted credit check. I would have ported one of my Tmobile Prepaid numbers (not sure how Sprint can tell its prepaid vs postpaid on THEIR side) but when you also add they don't allow you to change phones on your own (ESN swaps may be allowed on this plan, but not sure) I'm passing on the promotion. I've finally resolved billing issues with TMobile that I don't want to anger the cellular gods. LOL

rated:
ordered ..I have a family mobile and unlocked iphone6. It worked ..lets see how good this is..

rated:
honkinggoose said:   Looks like Karl landed at Sprint
  No, Sprint just needs to do something with all that bandwidth it pried out of Karl's cold hands.

rated:
Anyone has success with switching from any of MVNO providers ? Check shows my phones are eligible but I have ATT's MVNO. Thanks!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017