posted 1 month ago by
bosshog

When you need to get rid of spam, you eradicate it. That's why the newest Star of the Week is EradicateSpam.

EradicateSpam more than lives up to his name by helping our mods fight spam on the forums. EradicateSpam also posts on the Hot Deals and Finance communities quite a lot, as you can see herehere and here

EradicateSpam will receive a special "Star of the Week" badge, a custom title for the next week, recognition throughout the site and a special FatWallet Mystery Box! We'll have to see if he shares what he gets.

Keep making awesome contributions and thanks again for being part of the FatWallet Community.

Ryan Washatka
General Manager
FatWallet.com
"Bosshog"

30 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Congrats EradicateSpam!

rated:
Congratulations!

rated:
Congratulation EradicateSpam

rated:
Good for him and good for FW for honoring his efforts!

rated:
Congratulations EradicateSpam

rated:
Congrats, Eradicate EradicateSpam.

rated:
Heartiest Congratulations EradicateSpam
I hate spam and you are the man

rated:
Congrats ! EradicateSpam !!

rated:
THE FIRST LINK IS NOT WORKING.GOOD WORK ERADICATSPAM CONGRATULATIONS.

rated:
After nearly 15 years on FatWallet, I am truly humbled by this honor. When the new BMW showed up in my driveway yesterday with a note saying "thanks for the help, just a small token of our appreciation", I was truly shocked. You shouldn't have...

Of course it was a plastic BMW with one broken wheel and only 3 inches long, but it is the thought that counts.

Had no idea this honor existed, I will add it to my resume' and LinkedIn profile. I picked the screen name back in 2002 when I barely knew what spam was, and never changed it. I participate in a handful of different forums, but this is one of the longest stints. I did spend a bit of effort a few years back when FatWallet was deluged with new users posting book reviews about free Ebooks which then became not free with a bunch of phony reviews, which led to FatWallet removing them eventually although it took a bit of convincing.

I have no idea how to get my Star of the Week badge (got it), but I look forward to my Mystery Box and the thousands of things it will contain.

Here's a better thread: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1499544 

Edit - for those breathlessly awaiting news of my package contents, as of today there are not yet any incoming packages from UPS or USPS, so unless they are shipping this via a freight company (due to the size of the box), looks like next week before I can update you.  

Edit - as of Friday morning, no incoming package still...  My depression has increased dramatically as the anticipation died off and I am left to wonder if FatWallet simply was taunting me, saying something existed (package, or recordings) when in fact none did (recordings)...  I will have to drown my sorrows in a Friday afternoon beer later today.

Oh, and Ryan, fix the link...

rated:
Congrats
Sorry it was not a real BMW

rated:
That name tho

rated:
congrats !

rated:
Congratulations!  To pick up your real BMW, just send your bank account details to the prince of Nigeria.  The BMW will be delivered in a golden cargo container and be filled with cash. 

rated:
honkinggoose said:   Congratulations!  To pick up your real BMW, just send your bank account details to the prince of Nigeria.  The BMW will be delivered in a golden cargo container and be filled with cash. 

See!  People say that FatWallet has lost its value over the years, then a nearly 13 year member provides valuable assistance such as this.  I have PM'd you my bank account information.  To test it out, send me $5,000 and I will verify that I have received it, then send you back $14 million dollars.

rated:
Penguin!!!!!!!!

rated:
Congratulations!Hope I'm the next one

rated:
Your profile name !!

rated:
I'm the next!!

rated:
Congrats!

rated:
Congrats ..Spam

rated:
Super Duper Congratulation!

rated:
Congrats ! STAR ..Spam!

rated:
Congratulation ! Star of the Week (EradicateSpam)

rated:
Congrats!...Spam...

rated:
Congratulation EradicateSpam

rated:
bosshog said:   EradicateSpam more than lives up to his name by helping our mods fight spam on the forums. EradicateSpam also posts on the Hot Deals and Finance communities quite a lot, as you can see herehere and here.

No question ES has contributed significantly over the years, and deserves recognition and accolades.
But I am confused... it has been over years... not within the week!
Even the 3 links referenced are from May 18th, 2016; May 23rd, 2017; and May 19th, 2017.

What gives??
What is the criterion for making Star of the Week?

rated:
Bumping in the expectation that I will get some answers...

rated:
ocean935 said:   Bumping in the expectation that I will get some answers...
  Hey Sorry about that. 

We do not have a full on set criterion for making Star of the Week.

It pretty much make great post, help other members, and be nice. This is just a way for us to recognize members that have gone above and beyond to help the FatWallet community. 

I know some of the post we mentioned are a little dated. EradicateSpam sends in a lot of Mod Alerts informing us of shenanigans going on. 

rated:

Card (2.18MB)
Disclaimer

Loot (2.65MB)
Disclaimer
Package finally arrived today.  Apparent the FatWallet staffer that sends it out thought it more appropriate to take some personal time off rather than spend a day filling a box and sending it to me.  Unreal that she/he puts a higher value on their own personal gratification than on my personal gratification...    By the time it was sent (via Pony Non-Express from Wisconsin - a province of Canada), it had to be forwarded to our summer retreat (read "cottage that in-laws used it live in").  Here are the contents for those that have been having sleepless nights:

$25 Amex gift card (not expired or stolen), rabbit ears (for Mrs. EradicateSpam to wear with her bunny outfit in the evening...), "Danger, Laser Operating" sign for when bedroom activity picks up and Mr. EradicateSpam gets down to business, Vaseline Lip Balm - Rosy Lips (see previous 2 explanations), 4 Finding Dory tops for post bedroom activity relaxation, small stuffed rabbit to practice with, 10 Many Tattoo mustaches for when Mrs. EradicateSpam wants to role play), Darth Vader chocolate lip balm for post bedroom activity to rejuvenate the evening, 10 little bracelets for Mrs. EradicateSpam to wear with her outfit, Ebates breath mints for pre-bedroom (collectible tin?), chalk for Mrs. EradicateSpam to leave sidewalk messages (had to erase "help, being held prisoner by my husband" minutes ago), glitter beads for further jewelry gifts she will receive from me, balloon (to float away attached to "help, being held captive notes (see Post It notes)), pop-up game for captive room, FatWallet money clip with points(?) to stab me each time I try to spend money against the focus of this forum, FatWallet and Ebates pens and post it notes, Starbucks sweetened ice coffee packets for energy to go again, 12 bunny jumpers, 2 stickers, bead smiley face sticker, wildflower seeds on a fake $100 bill, Hot Sock for hair dryer, jelly beans, Ring Pop, light up bracelet, 2 FatWallet 2016 Black Friday shirts (one XL for now, and one XXL for a few years from now), and a FatWallet fidget spinner (choking hazard?) for Mrs. EradicateSpam to get me to play with, choke, and then collect the insurance, although she says she can play with it when she is bored in the bedroom...).

I did not photograph the $25 gift card, because I figured some unscrupulous bargain hunter would take the number and empty it...

Nice card signed by the staff, my eBay auction shows that none of the signatures have any collectible value which is disappointing, and the big gun didn't sign...

My deepest thanks to the FatWallet staff for this recognition, and the weeks it took them to collect these special gifts.  I do appreciate it very much, hopefully my description qualifies me for Comedic Post of the Week and the 2017 Mustang Convertible.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017